No More Drive To Play Neopets

Angeló

I don't have the drive to play Neopets anymore ... although I have lots of goals to achieve yet ... I guess my personal life is taking a toll on me ... I have some problems and I'm a bit depressed ... but I used to play Neo for this particular reason .. whenever I felt bad - I went all out on Neo ... these days I have no motivation whatsoever ... I don't even care to try for any game avvies or to earn any NP ... I'm barely doing my dailies .... and I have no more enthusiasm to write for The Neopian Times (my last two submissions will be published soon)

I'm really thinking about taking a long break ... :(

:sad02: :sad02: :sad02: well, it's your decision, i think you should stay, but i understand that it's hard to keep playing when you don't feel that drive anymore :sad01_anim: i had that once, and stopped playing for 6 months. I want you to stay, of course :laughingsmiley: , but i think it's better to take a (long or short) hiatus and chillex, you can come back whenever you want.

Gonna miss ya :sad02: :sad02: :sad02:

As a general rule of thumb, if you aren't enjoying a leisure activity, then don't do it. It may sound harsh, but remember, Neopets is for fun. If you're not having fun, why play? If you do decide to quit, though, please do yourself a favor and make your account as secure as possible. There is a self-freeze link, but I don't recommend it.

You could always try switching your Neopets routine up for a bit. Doing the same exact things day in and day out tends to get boring after a while. Forget about doing Dailies and playing your favorite games everyday. Just explore, play random games, hit up the Neoboards, or do whatever else you want to do.

Look at you! Your account is amazing! Your avvies, lookup, and multiple achievements have shown me that you have put lots and lotd of time into it! ^^

Don't let the effort go to waste, here's an idea - Take a week or so's break. When you cpme back, don't force yourself to do dailies, don't go through a daily routine. Change a little, do something you prefer, chat with others, play a game, sell out your SDB or something.

Slowly, as you come to re-learn and re-love Neopets, you'll want to get better and better. And then dailies will come back, and you'll be PROUD and HAPPY doing it, instead of weary and tired. When you need a break, take it. And honestly, the best thing to draw you back (person experience!) is people interaction. Start/join a guild. Chat with others. Post on the boards. Get a daily neomail/chatting partner on Neopets. (Feel free to NM me, I love chat!)

And viola!

Hope to see you back soon! :)

Look at you! Your account is amazing! Your avvies, lookup, and multiple achievements have shown me that you have put lots and lotd of time into it! ^^

Don't let the effort go to waste, here's an idea - Take a week or so's break. When you cpme back, don't force yourself to do dailies, don't go through a daily routine. Change a little, do something you prefer, chat with others, play a game, sell out your SDB or something.

Slowly, as you come to re-learn and re-love Neopets, you'll want to get better and better. And then dailies will come back, and you'll be PROUD and HAPPY doing it, instead of weary and tired. When you need a break, take it. And honestly, the best thing to draw you back (person experience!) is people interaction. Start/join a guild. Chat with others. Post on the boards. Get a daily neomail/chatting partner on Neopets. (Feel free to NM me, I love chat!)

And viola!

Hope to see you back soon! :)

you know, that idea is genius, you're a genius :D

but you're right, what makes neopets so much fun: the community, the people you meet, on the neoboard or on the TDNF. The competion, the gifts you give to others, the little things you and others do to make your neopets-life full of colour instead of grey and boring.

So, try to keep talking, stop playing neopets, but try to keep talking on the neoboards or the TDNF, to feel the community, to keep meeting new people.

And then, if you're ready to, come back and try to enjoy neopets again, gift, play games, try to do things you can't (like drawing maybe, or restocking).

I hope you'll come back, and that you'll enjoy neopets.

And don't forget: a hiatus is okay, it's refreshing and most of the time it's easy not to play games, feed pets, do lab ray and earn money.

See ya later, somewhere on the forum, or on neopets.

Your dutch butterfly (XD) lisa :D (i love to say that, hahahahahahaha, LOLZ)

I've quit dozens of times throughout the 10 or so years I've played. Your account will still be there when you inevitably come crawling back. xD No, really though, if you're bored, take a break. If you want to play after the break, great. If not, no biggie--just keep your account information somewhere you can find it if you need it.

There is nothing wrong with taking a break from a game. There seems to be a widespread attitude that playing Neopets is like an on/off switch. It's a game, like any other game. I have a whole pile of console and computer games that I'm not playing right now, but I'd play most of them again. I didn't "quit" playing any of them, never to pick them up again. I'm just not playing them right now. I guess because it's online and involves virtual pets, people view it differently.

Take some time and do other things. We all get busy sometimes, and need to reprioritize how we spend our time. You may find yourself wanting to come back to it. Best wishes to you in whatever you decide to do with your time. Hopefully, we will continue to see you here on TDN from time to time. :)

Okay, i gues i'll say this: COME BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBKE FOR YOU:) see ya;)

You know what? I've been feeling the same way as well. I've gotten so heavy into regular gaming that Neopets is a chore and a bore(yay for rhyming)! I'll still come to

chat on here but don't expect me to be on Neopets.

You will be missed for sure but really your personal life is more important for you to be happy with. If you are feeling down then maybe work on picking yourself up and hopefully the drive for neopets will return. It may even help you to visit us here on TDN as we are here to chat and always love to hear from you

I knwow what you mean, I spend more time on TDNF then neopets.

How about that? Are you stills ticking around HERE? :D

haha, me too, TDNF is a great place to chit-chat about stuff you like, and you can say more, use more words and you're able to read stuff without having to get your chatspeak dictionairy :D