Video Game Nays

Naamah D.

I don't understand. I'm not as good at video games as I used to be. I played Tekken on my PSP and failed so badly it was ridiculous! I'm also stuck with my "gamer prodigy" brother who all he'll do is rub in my face. How he's better and all that. I used to be really good now I suck! Has any other gamer been through this?

I used to be so good with Mortal Kombat on Sega Megadrive but I'm horrible on Playstation .. and that's really the only game I like besides FIFA .. I'm not a gamer per se but I do get what you mean ...

keep practicing your Tekken :) and PSP is really different from other consoles ... it takes more time to master ;)

i'm studying game technology at uni now and its actually detailed in one of my lectures how a players brain will change its thoguht process the more you play a game so much so that people develop amazingly good reflexes because only a minor part of the brain is used but then when you stop playing the game for a while or you start playign more games the effects dissapear because your brain reverts to its orginal way of processing thoughts

What I tell myself is KEEP PLAYING! Ignore what others have to say. Practice makes perfect. Wipe off the blood and get back on the ice(hockey!!!). You have to rise before you shine.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm studying game technology at uni now and its actually detailed in one of my lectures how a players brain will change its thoguht process the more you play a game so much so that people develop amazingly good reflexes because only a minor part of the brain is used but then when you stop playing the game for a while or you start playign more games the effects dissapear because your brain reverts to its orginal way of processing thoughts

Whoa O.o that is actually quite amazing. But I have a question for you, does that part of your brain not just stay dormant until you play that game again? Because I used to play Call Of Duty semi-professionally but then stopped for a while because of personal reasons. Once I picked it up again it just took like half a round and I was back to where I left off skill wise.

Anyway to answer the OP's question yes that has happened to me before.. quite a few times actually but mostly with everything that is NOT FPS.. I kind of have a "talent" for FPS games.

• 1 month later...

:O What kinds of games are best to develop faster reflexes! >;D ::shall have master reflexes!::

lol ^_^ I kid, but that's super interesting! Like dreams... they recorded this guy playing a game, right? Then asked him to take a nap! If he completed one full cycle of REM he'd get so much better when he woke up and tried again, but if his nap was cut short there was no improvement. He said that his dreams would begin by phantom-ing the game, and then would start to deviate into strange directions, but they typically revolved around the game! So it was like the brain was training itself to get better, even while he was sleeping o-o!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.