Is this against the rules?

Sweetdang

Is "mass adopting" at the pound allowed? I know it sounds weird but A. It's not really mass B. I'll put them back in.

Let me explain. I hate how, when you see pets that are in the pound, and you view their lookup, most of them are sad because they're starving/depressed. I've noticed that when I adopted hvj from the pound, he was in the Neolodge. So I've come to the conclusion that abandonment still leaves your pets in the Neolodge, and keeps them full.

I’m not sure if it’s redundant, or against the rules, but what I’ve done is for the past 2 days, and probably continuing on from here - I’ll be adopting, playing with, reading to, and neolodging one pet per day, before putting he/she back into the pound. I know that pets retain their status… and I THINK happiness too. If I put them into the neolodge for 28days, they’ll stay full till then. And at least a bit happier than just staying as a trophy pet.

Anyway, point of this is the question. Is it against the rules? Will TNT find me suspicious if I adopt and abandon (I hate that word) one pet per day?

hmmm, I don't know... mI think if you neomailed TNT saying what you were doing, I think it would be fine. I love the idea by the way! :laughingsmiley:

I doubt it would be against the rules. I think it's a rather kind plan. However, keep in mind that you can only abandon one pet per day. Also, you might want to keep a list of the pets you abandon, since this is one of the questions on the account access form (just in case you ever have your account stolen); having an extensive list like that would be amazing proof!

I doubt it would be against the rules. I think it's a rather kind plan. However, keep in mind that you can only abandon one pet per day. Also, you might want to keep a list of the pets you abandon, since this is one of the questions on the account access form (just in case you ever have your account stolen); having an extensive list like that would be amazing proof!

I was aware of the first point, but thanks for the head up on the second! :) *takes mental note to start recording*

If I read each of them books amounting to 40nps, plus 28 day neolodge, it'll take about 65 700nps per year. Which actually isn't too bad. :D

And thanks, guys. ^_^

take mental note too that you have to keep them for atleast a day so even if it is sweet remember it will take a long time. up to you though.

Not with pounded pets. You can adopt one and chuck it back in 5 minutes later if you wanted.

(Which I've done many times before heh)

Not with pounded pets. You can adopt one and chuck it back in 5 minutes later if you wanted.

"chuck it back"

^ That made me giggle xD

But I'm pretty sure she's right. You can put them right back in the pound. But I think there was a limit of one pounding per day maybe? (It's been so long since I've pounded a pet).

And I also wanted to add, you could always check for petpets while you're at it. Sometimes people forget to unattach them before pounding, and you might get lucky and get a good one :P

Yeah, with pounded pets you can adopt them and then put them back in the pound the same day. For example, if you're just going to get an avatar that requires a certain pet, and you get it from the pound, you can put that pet back in the same day. But remember that you can only abandon one pet per day. So if you adopt 4 pets from the pound you have to put them back in in a matter of 4 days.

I would recommend not just sending in a neomail or feedback question or however you do it...but send the question in to the editorial of the Neopian Times. It's an interesting enough question that it may make it in, and then they can share the answer with everybody.

I would recommend not just sending in a neomail or feedback question or however you do it...but send the question in to the editorial of the Neopian Times. It's an interesting enough question that it may make it in, and then they can share the answer with everybody.

I agree! That's how people are finding out more about the wishing well avatar.

I might try it! (I hope you don't mind!)

I adopted one and put him in the neolodge... but when it came to the abandon page I just couldn't do it! I might try again soon...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

No my problem was that I just couldn't hit that button with the words "leave me to die" or "kick me out" ! It's just me!

I'll try again today... I'll probably click it with my eyes closed! And I think it definatly deserves to get into the editorial! :laughingsmiley: By the way I have been seeing quite a few happy pets in the pound! (your doing I think!) :laughingsmiley:

I think i'll write down the pets name, and track them to see how there getting on! :yes:

I was soo sad with the "please don't leave me!" message! :sad02:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post, the posts have been merged.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.