Never attempt to Hardboil an egg in the microwave

Emily

DSCN7641.jpg

It was an egg in a cup of water. The egg exploded, it blew the microwave door open and flung the mug out. Your roommates will also revoke your microwave privileges.

LOL! I've done this. XD

If you ever get your microwave privileges back, try putting a CD in there. Use a blank one or a disc that you are NEVER going to want to use again, and put in on for 3 seconds. It's really pretty. (It's also how the government destroys information stored on CDs.) ^^

I tried putting a marshmallow peep in the microwave because I was told it would explode. It didn't. It just melted and left an awful smell. :/

Wanted to see if it was possible because I wanted egg salad and didn't want to wait for water to boil. The internet said it was dooable. Instructions were followed. Put it in for 5 minutes, This^^ happened after about 3

Haha, I do love egg salad but I seriously doubt that there is a way to hard boil an egg in a microwave, well maybe but definitely very risky based on the water content in the egg and the surface pressure of the egg shell as you determined.

My mother actually boiled an egg in the microwave without this happening. I think there is like a trick to it.

But yikes! That is a mess. Bummer about the microwave privileges. Invest in a toaster oven. :D

How could you be so silly as to do this? You don't get a boiled egg from sticking it in the microwave. You get FRIED eggs.

On a serious note, I think it's probably safer if you try to microwave the water until it is very hot, then immediately stick the egg in and cover it.

I've seen a video of some pepole putting the most interesting things in a microwave. One was a ligthbulb, and the result was spectacular. It created lightning inside the lightbulb, it was an interesting effect!

• 1 month later...

haha i thought this was well known by now, reminds me of when my niece [put a lighter in a microwave when she was a toddler

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't bump any topics that haven't received posts in 21 days or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Haunted Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.