Alert – Unique Pets in the Pound!

Ethelune

So, after realizing that the perfect name for my latest dream pet belongs to a frozen account, I've been casually browsing the pound, drowning my sorrows in looking for my next lab rat. x_x Well, I wanted to give folks a heads-up – since Poogle Day is rapidly approaching, I've noticed an influx of unique pets available for adoption.

I've already seen a Disco Gnorbu, a Grey Eyrie, a Split Lenny, and a Starry Ogrin, plus several well-named pets and a few limited-edition species like Kikos and Tonus. They might not be the most desired pets, but they're far more interesting than the usual, basic-colored ones with names like hdyuasdghuas. :P

I always like to catch glimpses of painted pets over at the Neopian Pound. I caught a glimpse of a Checkered Lupe yesterday, a Christmas Kacheek, a Mutant Techo, and one of those Tonus you were talking about today. I used to remember seeing lots of Kois as well time to time, along with those uncommonly seen Kikos and Tonus. Some Limited Edition species (like Jetsams, Cybunnies, Poogles, and Hissis) are more harder to find at the pound than others, so it's very important to keep your eyes peeled daily while looking for good pets at the pound. ;)

I spotted a Spotted (lol) Usul, Split Lenny and a Desert Wocky within a minute of my pound surfering. If they didn't have such "blah" names, I'd probably have scooped one up.

Edit: I just had one heck of a lucky grab (in my opinion). I like to take a peek at some of the Noteable Pets on the front page as usually the person has some other interesting pets as well. When I went to check one out today I noticed that she was in the pound; and I got her! She's a Maraquan Aisha with a pretty nifty name.

I spotted a Spotted (lol) Usul, Split Lenny and a Desert Wocky within a minute of my pound surfering. If they didn't have such "blah" names, I'd probably have scooped one up.

Edit: I just had one heck of a lucky grab (in my opinion). I like to take a peek at some of the Noteable Pets on the front page as usually the person has some other interesting pets as well. When I went to check one out today I noticed that she was in the pound; and I got her! She's a Maraquan Aisha with a pretty nifty name.

Congrats on the pick--it's lucky she has such a good name! I really do feel bad for pets that have terrible names...I like all the names of my three pets, but I actually only created Uber_Music_Faerie. I adopted Hanomian and Mellitah. (Hanomian used to be such a cute skeith. Now he's a mutant draik XD)

I found an orange wocky (kata854281) and a mutant korbat! Crazy. I also found 2 groups of pets that I think were all created/dumped at once, which is sad. They all had really, really similar names.

I hate when this happens, the poor pets. Poogle Day comes, so owners think "LIEK OMG I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!11" and cast away their poor other pets as old broken toys. :sad02: I REALLY hate that! If I weren't having problems with side accounts right now, I'd be looking for pets I could give a good home to and create a great character out of. In fact I might as well do that. Pets with good names are pouring into the pound by greedy owners this time of year.

I wonder who I might find in there? Adopting is always good. :)

This reminds me of that Pound Watching topic I made back at Jellyneo very early in January 2011.

Ontopic here, I spotted a Blue Koi, Shadow Ogrin, Mutant Xweetok, Speckled Usul, and a Green Tonu right this moment.

In the last ten minutes I came across: Robot Gnorbu, Invisible Acara, Jelly Acara, Starry Acara, Pink Jetsam, Fire Jetsam, lots of Kois and Tonus.

Edit: Also came across a ton of Christmas pets, a Rainbow Kyrii, a Mutant Techo and a Mutant Aisha. It seems there's a lot of Mutants in the pound lately.