Never too old for Neopets

elence70

Am i the only one that thinks neopets is for everyone, then feel abit weird because whenever i mention it to anyone they say "I used to go on that" lol I first joined in 2004 so i was 12 now im 19 and this is still my go to site for when i'm bored, then i get hooked an look forward to login on.

All of my neopets friends stopped comin on so anyone that wants to add me feel free :P Even if it's just for another habitarium to raid :)

In fact going back to check my habitarium now lol

Nope, pretty much everyone here thinks Neopets is for anyone and everyone.

I've never told any of my friends that I play Neopets. If I did, they probably wouldn't know what it is and if I explained it to them, I'm almost positive they'd say something like "You're 13, you have better things to be doing than going on that baby site." I've been playing on-and-off for six years (since I was 7) and have no intention on quitting now because others think it's a childish site. :)

As someone mentioned on another thread here, the quitting age for Neopets is death (because...since you die, you can't play it anymore). Nowhere in the T&C does it say you have to quit when you're 18, when you're in your 30s, when you become a senior citizen, and so on.

As far as I'm concerned I'll probably be playing Neopets until I die or until the site shuts down (the latter is highly unlikely though), whichever comes first :P

My friends all know I play Neopets, and are interested in making accounts as well. Even if my friends thought it was sad though I wouldn't care - I love Neopets way too much for that :)

I've been playing on and off since I was 10, and I'm now 20!

Like Rach I'll also be playing until I die or the unthinkable happens and Neo shuts down :P

I think Neopets is for everyone; like Rach says, there's nothing stopping adults from playing as well :P I've been playing since I was 7, but I didn't properly get into it until about 5 years later.

Outside of this forum (and NTWF), only my mum knows I'm playing Neopets again. I can imagine what my best friend's reaction would be like if I told her I was back on the site - to put it this way, when I was about 12/3, she already deemed me as "too old" to play Yu-Gi-Oh!.

You're not the only one, I've been on Neopets on and off since I was 10. Hence Neopets being a "kiddie" site, we teens and adults can do things that the kids this site was meant for couldn't. For me, it will be Neopets forever and always. :king:

My first account was when I was 11 more than 10 years ago (11 tomorrow...its my birthday). My main account now is almost 8 years old and still going strong. I have no intention to quit. It is a free game, it is addicting, I enjoy it, and it gives me an excuse to talk to chat with everyone on TDN. Win win.

Good to know im not alone lol Wish my friends would make accounts it would make the game so much funner if i could interact with others lol Maybe i can bride them an then when they start they'll never stop mwhahahahahha :P

I feel like your never to old to play! I am going to be 21 soon and I have been playing for what feels like forever, It definitively helps to pass the time when trying to procrastinate for things and is much more productive then facebook and a lot more fun! It one of those sites that even if you take a break and come back to it its just as exciting as when you left.

I don't even think of Neopets as a childish site. Im 17 and I've been on since Y3 (way before the NC). I think the site is geared towards teens and adults more now than it was in the past.

Who else remembers the old sidebar? Way before customization and when UC pets were the norm?

People know I play Neopets, but everytime I've told somebody it's always ended up in a bad or uncomfortable situation. So I've learned not to talk about my pets to other people. I don't think I'll be quitting. I'm 18 and had my first account when I was 10? Not one of my current accounts, it's probably been purged by now.

My original account started in... '03, I believe? I was... 7 then, and I'm now turning 15 next month! :D

I tell my friends; they tease me about it. Being a kid who doesn't like being teased, they all think I stopped. (I've got three friends who still know, but they accept me for it :D )

Don't fell bad about thinking you're too old; I've got a 75 year old grandma who joined the same time as me, and is still playing. ;)

I didn't start Neopets until I was 57 years old mainly because my grand daughter told me about the games I could platy on the program She was the one who got me hooked and after 8 years I am grateful to her for the hours and hours of enjoyment she pointed me to

I don't understand something. Everyone on this board, myself included, love neopets. If people would stop hating and saying it's childish and actually played they'd probably love it too. I told only my best friend I play, and I never hit the facebook icons because I can just picture those stupid popular girls smirking at it.

It seems like club penguin is soo much more accepted than neopets. And you have to pay for it. I payed for, then I stopped paying and all your membership only items you buy become locked so you can't use it! I payed for a couple months and had a bunch of items too. I would be like having premium (which I have and is awesome neomail me for referrals) and ONLY premie people could buy NC items but for NEOPOINTS which everyone has. But if you stopped being premie all your items would go away!

But neopets isn't like that. It's better than that. I just don't get why Neopets got such a "baby" rep. *shakes head*

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I started playing neopets in 2001, I've left a few times for a break and such but I have never been able to break from in completely. I think I'll play until I can't play anymore. I'm now 23 and I see no such issue with playing it, even though the hubs whines and complains. LOL! I've had friends also due the same. But if you enjoy something wait quit because others think you are too "old" to play a game? ;)

I'm 23, married with 2 kids, and a doctor and I still play neopets pretty much everyday! I am still playing on my original account whuch is almost 11 years old, so I'm pretty proud of that! I certainly don't think you're ever too old for Neopets! It's fun, and life, if nothing else, is all about having fun!

I'm only 14 this year, started playing Neopets 3 years ago and got back this year! :D

Something I don't understand: A lot of my friends tell me Neopets is for little kids (of course I don't believe that!)... <_<

They would rather go Facebook or Twitter or stuff like that... I lost interest in those websites weeks ago though I still log in every other day...

I remembered a time when I printed Neopets-related coloring pages (for the young children :)) and yeah my friends were quite shocked when they saw it, but I don't mind! But somehow they were able to recognize the species I printed: Kikos! Nevertheless... they still thought I was too old for Neopets *sigh*

Despite all that, now I love Neopets even more! Though my friends might never understand me, at least I found awesome people here who is much older than me and still love Neopets as much as I do! :D

Whenever I read threads like these I feel extra defensive in my real life. Like when my bff gives me the (very occasional) shakin-my-head look about my love of Neopets, I'm like JUST YESTERDAY I was reading about people's ages and it said.... And like Elence, I've heard a lot of "oh I used to do that....when I was 10 lolz."

But I'm kind of bossy, so now I just tell everyone what I like and they deal with it :P

I started playing in 2003 as an adult(I won't even mention how old I am now), but a friend got me into it as a site for bored college students. And now my mom's gotten into it from watching me play, and she's nearly to retirement age. So, yeah, never to old too play or start.

Heck, what makes me feel old is remembering the first wave of virtual pets, that were 20+ dollars for those keyrings. And those were for teenagers at the time.

I use to be really embarrassed that I played neopets in high school. I quit for a bit, because of peer pressure, but now I am back on and I love it and I am not ashamed. All my friends know I play, and a lot of them occasionally play as well. I even tell people who are not really close friends, if the subject comes up. I found that most people don't really care that I play, because everyone has a guilty pleasure. My boyfriend watches jersey shore. I think that is worst than neopets.

I'm 20, and I've been playing for 8 years. (I had another account before this one, but I forgot the password)

I started playing when I was 9, in 2001. You can do the math, haha. I've stopped caring if people judge me for playing Neopets. I go on at work, school, whatever, and I'm sure people think it's weird. That's okay; I'm judging them and their NFL.com and anime sites and such. P: