The Official Pokemon Topic II

khaos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played a whole lot (I've only played Fire Red) but I do have one shiny. It's a Koffing.

I didn't even know there was a such thing as shiny, I just thought it was a gender difference until I showed it to my husband.

Well, you have a lot of chances to play neo :P

I need to finish working on soulsilver. My cousin beat the entire thing, all 16 badges, and he barely remembers any of it. xD

I have(in any order):

Red

Blue

Crystal

Ruby

Sapphire

Emerald

Diamond

Pearl

Platinum

Pinball: R & S

FireRed

LeafGreen

Soulsilver

Black

Over 800 pokemon cards

Ranger

Ranger 2

Ranger 3

XD

And i think that's it.

Yeah, but I can't bring in gaming systems to work (They draw the line at browser games) and that's where I mainly play Neopets. :P

After I get a DS, I'll be starting Black. Hopefully that will be soon. And I do have one of the Mystery Dungeon games, I don't remember which one. I couldn't get the hang of it, so now my husband's playing it.

My Pokemon Games:

Pokemon Snap

Red

Yellow

Silver

Crystal

Pokemon Stadium 2

Pokemon Colosseum

Sapphire

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire

Pokemon Ranger

Leaf Green

Pearl

Soul Silver

Black

I tried to order in release order, or close to it. Oh, and I have the 3D pokedex for 3DS.

I also have the first 4 movies or so on VHS and several episodes from the original series on VHS.

If only you could trade between emulators. (I don't have a program to play DS games, but i have one for GBA games)

I am making a pokemon sapphire hack. :) Altered wild pokemon, different places, grass in cities, but it will take a while. :P

Ahh Pokemon, the only games I've actually owned are Silver, Fire Red and Sapphire. Everything after that I just played on PC - grew really frustrated at the consistent advances in Nintendo DS...

Is there going to be another game released after Black and White?

The only shiny I ever had was a Torchic , it hatched from an egg I was breeding. When it first hatched I was like what the heck, why is it so ugly .. until it evolved into a Blaziken xD ~

Is there going to be another game released after Black and White?

Most likely, I don't see why they'd stop now. I'd expect a third similar game to be released soon (Grey?), a possible Ruby/Sapphire remake after that, THEN a brand new generation of Pokemon. :P

basically:

Pokemon Gray

2013: Ruby and Saphire remakes

2014: Pinball Diamond and Pearl & battle revolution B&W

2015: 6th gen.

And maybe some other games.

Like?

I have like played all the pokemon games there is in every platform. lol I was a pokemon addict before I encountered neopets. I once had a shiny butterfree. And i loved it.

Lol I just think they're going to run out of cool version names for their games ... I personally thought Emerald was at its peak already, Diamond and Pearl sounded pretty cool too, but Black and White just took the excitement away from me T_T .. I haven't played the game as of yet, but I have read about the awesome new features the game has.

And is it just me or do the previous generations of pokemon (everything up to Hoenn) have nicer appearances so to speak ..

I'm not sure of what you mean by nicer appearances. My crystal game is light blue and glittery, which is pretty nice :P

I'm actually glad that they went back to colors, just like Gen I and II.

Pokemon Black is cool! You get to catch Reshiram in it and the rotation battles are the best feature in it! The graphics are top-class though the graphics take the speed! The final battle videos are legendary! I just can't stop talking about it! :D

I find most of my shinies on my Emerald, Ruby, or Japanese Soul Silver... I don't have much luck with any of my other games XD.

I'm not the only one who thinks that Black and White got boring after the main story was completed, right? The story line was REALLY good, but once it was done.. it just got meh...

I personally find the 3rd gen extremely enjoyable (The music, man. The MUSIC) Ruby was my first Pokemon game, too. I've done countless playthroughs with all three games.

I swear if Nintendo does not make A Ruby/Sapphire remake.. I will get VERY, VERY mad.

You have a completely different view of pokemon if Ruby was your first game. In my opinion, at the time of release, Crystal/Silver were the best pokemon games. I understand about doing replays of the game *nods*. I've replayed Red, Silver, and Sapphire so many times that the internal battery died. I can't save at all on Red/Silver and I can't make berries on Sapphire.

Ruby was the first Pokemon game I had bought, but not played. I used to play Gold and Silver and my cousins house and I didn't like it. I DO enjoy the remakes, though. My Ruby's Internal Batter just died two days ago. I'm glad it still saves, I freaked out when the notice popped up. I thought that meant I couldn't save anymore. Luckily it's just the berries that are affected, and I don't really care about that.

Ruby, Firered, and Diamond are my favorites. And I say this while Blue was my first game. Don't start a rant about how Hoenn had to much water, 90% of people do that. -_- It had a good gimmick with diving, and finding Sootopolis City and other things.

Diamond was my 3rd game. I enjoyed plaing through it, and I loved the underground. (They probably took this and pokemon following you from soulsilver out of black because it was too much data for the game)

FireRed, a great remake. Complete with Sevii Islands, Trainer Tower, and 2nd Gen pokemon. :)

I liked Gen II because of the ability to go back to Kanto and see what happened after the events of Gen I. If they made a game where you could go to every region, I think it'd be epic.

Black and White did get pretty boring after the main plot was finished, which was such a disappointment after standing outside Nintendo world to get it a day early for like 8 or so hours.... It would of been so much better if they had kept the element of being able to call back up the gym leaders after you, for the most part, finished the game. That was what made SoulSiver and HeartGold worth replaying again and again and definitely made leveling up to 100 easier. :D The rotational battle in Black and White definitely was a nice added touch not really a big fan of the other three way battle.

And you can always RNG abuse in diamond pearl and platinum for hatching shinies... but that kind of takes the fun out of finding them in the wild. I like how with black and white the square sparkles when there is a shiny there though...

It would be really cool if we could go to every region in the game but I agree it would definitely have to be a Wii game cause it would be too much data for the DS.