Donate vs Discard ???

Angeló

190 members have voted

1. 1. Donate or Discard ??

• Donate
    • Discard

I usually put my stuff in free trade. Minor healing potions, omlettes that I don't use, basic weaponry, even seaweed. I just put "free trade" in the wishlist and accept the first offer I get (or the best offer in cases where people bid at the same time and I end up with 3 offers by the next page refresh). Even if they offer a single junk item, I'd rather have 1 junk item than 10. And some people specifically collect junk. Don't know why, but I've met them :S

I'd certainly stock up on those minor healing potions; I use them when I need to quickly go back into the Battledome after my pet just got defeated, and the Healing Springs is still unavailable. Just down the healing potion, battle Inflatable Balthazar, and my pet's alive and kicking with full HP (:

I discard junk, but donate almost anything that is less than 500np. I also got into the habit of donating a random codestone a day, I don't know how it happened, but it did.

and of course like other people said, the pack rat avatar is impossible without MT junk.

Actually, I made it a point to not use junk for the pack rat avvie. I used items from the Igloo Garage Sale, so I had at least 10 new items every day. It took me a while, granted, but it was worth it when it came to clearance. I am too lazy to properly clear it out, however :D

99% of the time I throw it into my SDB, because there's no reason not to, but otherwise I usually donate. Might as well, since who knows, somebody might be ~dying~ to get more rotting driftwood or tombola visors for their gallery... or something.

I will donate food or books (which are usable items to neopets) or other items worth a few hundred nps. Everything else, especially dung, I will discard. In fact I usually go to the second hand shoppe and get all the dung i can to discard. I really don't like dung. For trades I always use an apple because I hate giving someone junk.

I donate anything that can be used; toys, books, food. Things like gifts I usually discard or just if something's really common and useless.

i voted for donating, but i discard dung (except if anybody asks for it because of the 'i'm smelly' avvie) and most fish.

if i've got usuki stuff i've got like 10 times, i donate 5 of them and keep the rest, i donate it for the usuki-freaks :laughingsmiley:

but all those people who donate rotten shoes, STOP, too bad nobody of them will hear me <_< <_< <_<

Usually, I deposit items into my Safety Deposit Box, even if it's a cheap item that is only worth about 100NP. I donate cheap toys, food, battledome weapons and books to the Money Tree because usually, I get plenty of those from freebies. I discard the worthless items I get from those freebies like Fishing, Apple Bobbing and the Obsidion Quarry, or I give them to my brother, who is so gulliable that he believes the Neopets' estimated value on the item's pop-up. :) I voted donate.

I usually donate.. even though we all see enough Plot Items, fishing junk, bottles of sand.. I like to think maybe someone I'm helping someone get the Packrat Avvie. But I don't donate Poisonous Jelly. That's just mean (same with that Lollipop you get from Jhudora) :D

I always discard. There are way too many of those items floating around, and I feel like I am doing a good deed when I discard it. Especially when it is something gross and that could get your neopets sick like poisonous jelly or rotten omelette (which looks exactly like cheese omelette for some reason and is very misleading.)

I don't really think that it makes a difference whether one bit of obsidian or a single scrawnyfish is discarded as opposed to donated since there's thousands upon thousands out there.

Oh man back in the day, when I first started playing neopets, my internet connection was so bad I would try so hard to get like whatever I could from the money tree but even the dung would be all gone by the time my browser refreshed. The first time I ever got something, I think it was a right sandal? Oh the excitement, I dunno... call me crazy but I still donate.

I get the whole clutter issue but really I don't think it makes that much difference to the game dynamics or the people donating whether or not there is a bunch more soggy boxes in the neopets world, and really if someone is picking it up then I don't really see the issue, its only if the money tree somehow got flooded. But then I don't know how the money tree works, do things ever disappear of their own accord or do they just stay there until someone takes them? Because there never SEEMS to be a clutter issue.

I generally donate. If I have time to sift through everything I discard dung, seaweed, berries etc, but usually I just whack everything in my SDB and once in a while I get sick of sifting through it looking for something, so it all goes into my inventory and gets chucked out by whatever means is fastest :laughingsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I just discard. I only really get rid of really cheap, super useless things that I already have one of, like a bone from Underwater Fishing. I'm going for Packrat so I keep almost everything. If it's something that I would actually get rid of I discard it because if it's worthless to me, I doubt that anyone else would want it ^^