You know that Friends episode..

Tank Girl

The one where Monica gets Joey the job at the restaurant and he gets everyone to call him Dragon?? (lol)

Makes me wish I'd made up some funky pseudonym for on here like... I dunno... Whiskers?? -- Probably not that, but that was the first thing that popped into my head :P

Though it does kind of annoy me when people are like "Hey my name is Pixie" or whatever... No it's not.

Although saying that my friends siblings are called Box, Scooter and Chili-Pepper, so I suppose it could be true.

Anyways! If you could have any nickname, what would it be? And also if you already have one, why do you have it?

I'm interested ^_^

Since I hate my real name my parents call me(which I will not be telling you guys) I pretty much call myself by my "self given" name. So technically, my birth name really isn't my name. If you get what I mean:) I just call myself Naamah. My nicknames are:

N

Nahemah

Naam(Nom)

or Naami(Nommy)

I have dozens of nicknames, because my real name is really famous and a lot of people comment on it.

Some of the more notable ones:

B'Jean (My lil sis started calling me this when she was like 3, she still does, its pronounced Beh jean, and she says it real quick)

Jeanie (LOVE this one)

Bill

BJ

Billie Jo

Billie Bean

Jelly Bean

Silly Billie

I could go on and on, my real, real life name is Billie Jean.

I was well-known in my younger days as "Spunky," due largely in part to my affection of telling people to, uh, shove off.

(It's funny, in 13 years, I haven't changed much.)

These days I get called "RC" because they are my initials, and we have a cola here called RC Cola.

I also get called "Rebecca" a lot when people can't remember my name, and one lady called me "Jackie" every time I saw her. She was a client and paying me commission, so I let it slide. :)

As far as giving you a nickname, my dearest Shannonkins, you can't solicit one! It just has to come naturally. :)

I also get called "Rebecca" a lot when people can't remember my name...

I get that sometimes as well >.>

I only have two nicknames for the most part, and they're both derivative of my real name. They are Rach (obviously, *pokes display name*) and Rachel-dearest. :P

As far as nicknames that I don't have (that I want to have) go, I wouldn't be able to think of any. I've tried to force nicknames onto myself and all attempts have failed.

Also, I used to be known as Blue online about two and a half or three years ago- the nickname is derivative of intheblue04. People used to think I was a guy back when intheblue04 was my main screenname. o_O

Mine is Doc, cause originally on the forms I was DoctorWeasel :)

I just get called that all over the cyber world. I don't give out my real name. You don't know who is a creepy pedophile and who isn't nowadays. :laughingsmiley:

....or a ninja :ph34r:

Since I was about 15, online I've been known as Spritzie. It started when I joined a Yahoo fan group for the 80s cartoon, Rainbow Brite. Spritzie is one of the characters. (A female Sprite) And it's stuck for going on 11 years now.

In middle school, I was known as Zilla. (My best friend at the time started it.) It started with something my dad did one time, when eating an ice cream cone. Later, after my dad took my friend and I swimming after school, he took us for ice cream. I mimicked what my dad had done, which was breaking off pieces of the waffle cone and saying city names as he ate the pieces, so that's when she started calling me that. It stuck all through middle school and into HS.

"Dragon"? lol...Kinda wish I'd caught that one. I was an on again--off again Friends fan.

As for nicknames....I've acquired some odd ones, but I like them...no matter how silly the reason for them may be. Here's a few:

Banshee-Kind of funny...My fellow heard me before he saw me. I was singing by someone's ridiculous request (I'd lost my voice the previous week...). He said I shrieked like a Banshee.

Pris-Anyone here see Blade Runner? Not by any means the "look", but her attitude is how I got that one.

(Puss in)Boots-Shortened to Boots. I always used to wear a particular pair of boots that apparently attracted some attention. I guess it was one of my identifiers in high school; much better than "the goth chick". lol

Sister Gothique (pronounced "eek" not "ick")-It was a long-standing joke that turned into a "persona" of sorts....I absolutely HATED being referred to as "gothic" (I still do, in fact) and one of the only people that could get away with it used it quite frequently. It was intended for a skit he was planning on doing for a local station, but that never took off. *shrug*

I've always been known by my full name - although on Facebook, I tagged myself in a fun Mr Men and Little Miss photo as "The Tiny Dangerous One". Appropriately, I'm only 5'0.5", and, well, let's just say that you've always got to look out for the quiet one ;) I suppose I was the second least talkative in our whole year.

Lol I just remembered some really stupid random ones I used to get called yeeaars ago!

My best mates bro used to call me Cheshire Cat, cause I was always grinning, and I have a really wide smile (GAHH I hate it!)

And my ex gfs bro called me McShannon... I don't really know the reason for that one o_O

Guest Zazi

I have a pretty common name *pokes siggy*, at least where I live, so my family has always called me "Zaza" (which is not pronounceable in English, by the way) and from there I have been called Zazi, Za... and so on. The lady that works at my house calls me 'alligator' since I was a baby.

People also call me "poodle" because of my hair (it's all over the place) hahah

I have a pretty common name *pokes siggy*, at least where I live, so my family has always called me "Zaza" (which is not pronounceable in English, by the way) and from there I have been called Zazi, Za... and so on. The lady that works at my house calls me 'alligator' since I was a baby.

People also call me "poodle" because of my hair (it's all over the place) hahah

My friends name is Zazi, but for real :P She has the coolest name ever; Zazi Zeff - so jealous!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a cool nickname or something. I'd like to have one, but I think you shouldn't think it up yourself ^_^ My name is Susan, I'm often called Suus, but that's not really a nickname, it's more a shortening. So if someone wants to give me a nickname, go ahead :D