OldNeo

khaos

So, I found a Neopet site called OldNeo. It is, as the name suggests, the old version of neopets. I was unable to make a NeoFriend, but I can Neomail and post on the neoboards. maybe the NF thing was just the computer acting up, but if it works for you, add me/i'm Gohan over there. But for some reason, it says i have joined for a month and i have a "Serf" trophy. :/ But who cares, just join!! :laughingsmiley:

Edit: It appears the NeoFriend option doesnt work. :/

I go there a lot, I'm Neomysterion over there, not neoking2002_neo. I see that you found me over there as well. :)

I have a Chomby over there called Chombetties (hoping that's a good name for a Chomby).

I have plans on recommending this to my Neopets-obsessed friends on Facebook.

I'll make an account, for nostalgia's sake :laughingsmiley: I'm Manta over there :D

I give you a thousand thanks for sharing!

Once this site is out and about, fully constructed and such I'm quitting real neo for this.

I'm so excited, hopefully I'll be able to get a UC Tyrannian Krawk! :D

I think they're going to implement Neofriends soon :)

I can see this website being very populated once it's done with construction.

Cause let's face it, who DOESN'T like the old neopets?

Ah, memories~ Neo shouldn't have EVER changed.

My only concern is Viacom. Let's say, with my wild imagination that the old neo took about less than half of realneo's users. Wouldn't Viacom try and do something to Oldneo?

I'm hoping if anything, that Viacom would learn from this. Once they came about Neopets became a communist-like place. I've never been so victimized by TNT has much as I've been under Adam and Donna.

That's just my experience, anyway~

Guest iYoshinho

I registered there yesterday as Yoshinho.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Glad to see so many people like it! I'm one of the owners (and an avid lurker here).

I do apologise that a lot of features aren't working yet. If you check out the news though you'll see we've been releasing new stuff every day. There's still so much more to add but we're going through it slowly but surely!

It's never going to replace Neopets and I don't think anybody should quit the real neopets. They have a huge team of coders and so many games and we just have two people.

We'll never have anywhere near the amount of users the real neopets has. One day we might get up to 500 but I doubt we're going to be a big site like neopets. We're just a small interactive tour of the old neopets.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to improve it, or what they'd like to see next, please let me know :)

I finally joined after reading so much about it. (I got the account and pet names I should have gotten 9 years ago, when they weren't taken on Neo, but didn't for some reason.)

I have a question, with the stock in shops, do they restock, or is everything available all the time? When I went to the Magic Shop, it had all of the items that were mentioned in the news.

I have a question, with the stock in shops, do they restock, or is everything available all the time? When I went to the Magic Shop, it had all of the items that were mentioned in the news.

Shops have unlimited stock :yes: But i don't think anybody on oldneo has been able to get enough for a morphing potion yet, unless they're lucky with Escape Meridell Castle and win 10,000 every time :laughingsmiley:

Will joining this website compromise my Neopets accounts on Neopets.com(not oldneo)

It shouldn't :P

I'm so happy, I finally got a Lutari!! :D I always wanted a Lutari but then the conversion happened, and they got big clown feet :laughingsmiley:

To answer some questions,

Shops have unlimited stock for now. Not sure if we're going to keep it this way but we might. If we do it means that we can control the price of draik potions so they never go above 1.4million.. like they did on Neopets. If Kauvara on Neo had unlimited stock at 1.4mil then I would have got a draik instead of a lab ray. D: I've given up on getting a faerie draik though.

One thing we ARE going to change about shops is they will change their stock once an hour but that will be implemented once the shops have more items in them.

Joining oldneo.com shouldn't compromise your account as Grey encrypts all passwords with a salt. But be sure to take the usual precautions such as never giving your password out to a stranger, change your passwords regularly, etc. Those are things you should always do no matter what the site. :-)

You're welcome to code if you like :)

Also, to all TDN people, public sign ups are now closed. In the last hour we had 300 members sign up and that's wayyyyy more users at the moment than we're prepared for. If anybody from TDN wants to join, let me know and I'll hook you up with a join up code. We just can't have public sign ups right now :(