TNT Updates YYB Goalie Toggle!

hrtbrk

After many complaints of an utterly useless goalie, Neopets finally updated the controls in Yooyuball to have a functioning goaltender. The changes will be activated later in the day.

ac2011_yyb_goalietoggle.jpg

Instructions:

When your goalie is on screen, you'll see a key appear over his/her head in the top left corner.

Pressing this key on your keyboard lets you take full control of the goalie, turning the auto-switching feature off for the moment.

Pressing it again will allow you to go back to controlling the other players via auto-switching.

If the goalie goes off-screen at any point (say the ball has moved downfield), control will switch back automatically for you.

YYYYEEEEESSSSS. FINALLY. This will it make it so much easier. There are a lot of games where I could steal the ball(Why did I write battle? o.o') but I cant because it switches to my goalie for no reason and they end up scoring cause I move my goalie while thinking i'm still moving a player.

it still doesn't work for me ... I'm waiting for it ... but I believe it's going to suck .. esp. if the key is random .... they would have scored against you already while u're looking for the key ....

YYYYEEEEESSSSS. FINALLY. This will it make it so much easier. There are a lot of games where I could steal the ball(Why did I write battle? o.o') but I cant because it switches to my goalie for no reason and they end up scoring cause I move my goalie while thinking i'm still moving a player.

It's because you're still in our Pokemon RPG mindset :P

& I love the idea of being able to switch my goalie finally so I can actually stop some goals from going through.

Too bad my computer is being stupid today & won't load YYB :(

OMIGOD YES. because of the idiot goalie, I almost nevar get shutdowns. I hope it works better now :3

Where does it say it will be random? :* Or are we just assuming from the instructions haha

Looks like they depict it will be the letter "V", which is by the space bar. That makes more sense then having it be a random key that you need to search for. lol

Yup, theyre changing it... All it took was a million more glitches. STOP SCROLLING THE PAGE IM MOVING TORMO FRIEN, DAGNABBIT. -goes off to swear at YYB-

Yeah that's happening to me too!! It just started today, even though I had played about 31 games of YYB and a number of MSN, not it won't stop scrolling when I use the arrow keys during YYB and Slushie Slinger. How am I supposed to help my team's score now?

To everyone who's having the scrolling issue:

Could you please specify what browser you're using? A workaround may be available in some cases - for one if you're using Firefox you could try right clicking in the grey band just to the right of the Yooyuball game and going to This Frame > Show Only This Frame, which should allow you to play Yooyuball on a page that simply won't scroll (you can play in fullscreen mode for full effect if you like). Removing '&inpage=1' from the URL should centre the game too. :)

Edit: Playing Yooyuball in large mode is another possible option.

They've updated the game twice, and they still waste my time by dropping the Yooyu when there's 1 second left. When I score with 8 seconds or less, just take me directly to the Scorchio Ref and end the game...

YES! Hopefully they change that for next year.

Loving the goalie fix, too. Haven't noticed any glitches or anything of that sort either. Good job, TNT!

Yeah, I do this too.

I'm like yeah got the ball!

Oh no, the other team stole it, I need to chase after them.

Wait... I'm the goalie now? :grrr:

This is worse for me. My up and down arrow keys are now useless.

...and why would they switch the controls of YYB right in the middle of the tournament?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

THAT IS FREAKING BEAUTIFUL.

Seriously, that is a good tweak. =)

I wasn't expecting them to actually fix that, but that makes the other team grabbing the ball less...

Well, less of an auto-score for them. =|

Sounds like a good tweak.

Now all they need to do is get rid of the eight seconds glitch.

If you're talking about the 8 second loss after each goal, that's not a glitch as far as I know. It's to make the game go faster for people who score more (8 seconds is for the animations). I like that, not making me sit through 3 minutes of yooyuball every time I want to play...

Eh, maybe it'll be better with a little more practice, but I'm not used to this V thing yet and am still missing the mouse control from years past *wistful sigh*

I play full screen mode, so I haven't had the scrolling issue you guys mentioned. Sounds atrocious, though =/