Do you play the Sims 3?

Enchanted_Lullaby

I'm really curious to see how expensive a horse is going to be when pets come out. I have a weird feeling it's going to be outrageous.

Yes, probably. You can always use cheats though :)

I like the fact that we'll be able to choose the characteristics of the pets too, that will make them all different from each other! And much more like in real life.

I wanted to buy TS3 for the longest time! But the notebook I have right now SUCKS, so no way I am.

I'm planning on getting a 13-inch MacbookPro in a few months... would TS run okay in it?

I do really like The Sims 3 but the only thing that annoys me is the fact that you cannot turn off the aging for the rest of the neighborhood with turning off the aging for your current household, at least I don't know of a way :/

I think you can. You'll have to turn off EA's Story Progression to do that.

Or download a mod like NRAAS's Story Progression or Master Controller. Story Progression will allow the world to 'progress' without aging (if you tell it to). I believe you can set it to the whole world or just specific sims you wish to play later on.

They're a bit confusing at first, so do some reading up on them, but you'll probably never play without them again. (At least I can't LOL)

Plus, they're not core mods.

Yes, probably. You can always use cheats though :)

I like the fact that we'll be able to choose the characteristics of the pets too, that will make them all different from each other! And much more like in real life.

Ha that is true. I always try not to use the cheats though because then I end up getting bored with my current household if I don't work for things. I didn't even realize you could pick the characteristics for your pets, now I'm even more excited lol.

I wanted to buy TS3 for the longest time! But the notebook I have right now SUCKS, so no way I am.

I'm planning on getting a 13-inch MacbookPro in a few months... would TS run okay in it?

I have a MacBook Pro that is 4 years old and it works great on it. So I would guess it would work great on a new one when you get it. :)

I love the Sims 3! I've been playing the Sims since the very first game came out. It was my first computer game.

Is Generations really good? I have it but haven't really played with it much because I managed to screw something up when installing it and now it's soooo laggy. It's probably some sort of outdated mod I forgot to remove, but I haven't bothered to fix it because everyone's opinions of the game seemed to be negative and I got discouraged. What do you guys like about it? I might have to see if I can fix my game, lol

I think Generations is pretty cool and definitely worth fixing if you can. I think it just sort of enhances certain things. Like getting married for example. And I think it's really fun if you have a child or teenager in the household you're playing with. Pulling pranks is great haha.

• 1 month later...

I love the Sims 3! I've been playing the Sims since the very first game came out. It was my first computer game.Is Generations really good? I have it but haven't really played with it much because I managed to screw something up when installing it and now it's soooo laggy. It's probably some sort of outdated mod I forgot to remove, but I haven't bothered to fix it because everyone's opinions of the game seemed to be negative and I got discouraged. What do you guys like about it? I might have to see if I can fix my game, lol

I think Generations is pretty cool and definitely worth fixing if you can. I think it just sort of enhances certain things. Like getting married for example. And I think it's really fun if you have a child or teenager in the household you're playing with. Pulling pranks is great haha.

I agree, I think that a lot of experiences become more life-like with the Generations pack. There's this new 'Reputation' status that if your sim dates more than one sim, at the same time, they get the 'naughty' reputation. Or if they have a string of boyfriends/girlfriends, they get the 'Exploring their Options' reputation. I think it's hilarious. And a Sim with a 'Cheating' reputation will have a harder time, 'getting lucky'.

The mid life crisis is a ton of fun too. And I like the new babysitting job.

For some, it's not that big of a deal, that's why so many people called it a filler. If you compare it with the upcoming pets pack, of course this one is lacking, in terms of big changes. But for me it was worth it!