Awesome website!!!

Naamah D.

I recently found out about a website called Marapets and I gotta admit, I like it way better than Neopets. Unlike Neopets Marapets can die if not taken care of, that teaches responsibility. So I maybe breaking from Neopets and pursuing Marapets.

Lemme give a shout out to Agrat, Naamah, Faiden, Otto, Eisheth, and Lilith(those are my Marapets)

Most people here have heard of Marapets. I made one about 2 years ago. I played for a couple of months during my haitus from neopets, then got bored of it. I go on as a guest every other month or so. By the way, my favorite marapet is a xoi, but it looks more like a ripoff of neopets, jubjub.

I recently found out about a website called Marapets and I gotta admit, I like it way better than Neopets. Unlike Neopets Marapets can die if not taken care of, that teaches responsibility. So I maybe breaking from Neopets and pursuing Marapets.

I have to say, with all due respect. That the first sentence is a complete lie. I used to play Marapets (ugh..) and I have to say Marapets is so bad! Ian (the main person) is barely on and the site has bad graphics, never updated (on somethings), overloaded on ads, no good games, and crackers are everywhere! I'm not saying you shouldn't like it, I'm just saying my opinion/facts. (some are opinions and some are facts) Oh and I saw a post above me and it made me realize that it is a copy off of neopets, such as the ice mountain on the top, the underwater place, Dukka caves/town is a copy of krawk island and they use dukkas which are dubloons, Eleka's castle is Darigan, Gigantic Paradise is Neopia central, Undying Woods = Haunted Woods, Baspinar's Castle is Meridell (only because Baspinar and Eleka had a battle and Meridell and DC did), Lush lake is Kiko Lake, a Poera is a Hissi, an Xoi is a Jubjub, Phanty is an Elephante and there are others. I strongly dislike that site after playing it...

I have to say, with all due respect. That the first sentence is a complete lie. I used to play Marapets (ugh..) and I have to say Marapets is so bad! Ian (the main person) is barely on and the site has bad graphics, never updated (on somethings), overloaded on ads, no good games, and people who get onto other peoples accounts are everywhere! I'm not saying you shouldn't like it, I'm just saying my opinion/facts. (some are opinions and some are facts)

While I agree with you on almost all conditions of the site that you mentioned, there are some things to note. The games are actually fairly decent. The site does have bad graphics, but I have only once seen Ian offline. But like you said, there are TONS of ads everywhere. This should be moved to the neopets debate chat <_<

I do recall making a Marapets account once (as well as a PowerPets account) when the guys at VirtualPetList told me about the great amount of games that were over there.

To be honest, Marapets didn't really work for me like how Neopets and Icepets does for me with their plots, games, and communities.

Hm, I think I tried Marapets once years ago and found it to be pretty boring.

Now if you want a good petsite, try Subeta. There's really awesome art, non-spammy forums, Human Avatars and a boatload of other cool stuff ;)

Guest iYoshinho

Awesome is not right.

Marapets is how do I put this...... an ad blocker's nightmare. Even the ads on there need to stop for a coffee break.

Marapets is barely updated, terrible service, too many ads everywhere and it does not offer what Neopets does

Marapets is okay. I tried it once, but I wasn't a big fan of their art onsite.

Subeta is a much better option if you're looking to expand your horizons! Below is a site that compares both subeta and neopets. :)

http://tiredofneopets.com/

If you're too lazy to read (yeah, I can empathize), then just take a look at what some of subeta's pets look like.

jollin_galactic.pngpopoko_glade.png

lain_glacier.pngdevonti_reborn.png

Those are just four examples. c:

So do you want to join subeta? Just click the button below!

20.gif

And hit me up if you want to chat. My username's indigo. :)

I can understand people that sincerely like Subeta, but I don't understand people who sincerely like Marapets. xD They don't have a whole lot to do comparatively, and it's a very n00by looking site, in my opinion anyways.

That, and virtual pets sites have to really really struggle to make themselves look different from Neopets.

Seriously, no matter what a lot of pets sites do, someone is going to draw similarities between Neopets and whatever site. The site has to be drastically different.

Marapets kind of spits in the face of creativity and just slightly tweaks a lot of details to make it 'original.'

Loads of sites manage to be original and different from Neopets despite having similar base ideas, but Marapets just fails in that capacity.

Never heard of Icepets, but I'll check it out. ;D

Lemme give a shout out to Agrat, Naamah, Faiden, Otto, Eisheth, and Lilith(those are my Marapets)

I'm actually done with Marapets. I love LiliAnna(my Aisha)wayyy too much to ditch her for another pet site.