Neopets and People With Disabilities

Naamah D.

A person who works with me told me that the majority of women who play Neopets are disabled. Is that just the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? I just wanted to make sure that isn't true. This person told me

"Alot of women with your disability are obsessed with Neopets, at least from who I have encountered" and yada yada yada. Sorry if this sounds a bit silly...I just...welll....think that's biased.

I don't know what type of disability you're talking about, but it's not true. Your coworker is basically saying "because the people I know who like 'x' are 'y' then everyone who likes 'x' is 'y'"

which is stupid

your coworker is acting stupid

I have a disability, but I wouldn't say that most women who play Neo have a disability at all.

That's a bit of a weird thing to say. Even if you have encountered a couple of people who have and play, you can't really go around saying that the majority do!

I agree with Luciana completely. Just because they know a couple people that fit that, doesn't mean the majority of players are.

Now I would say the majority of women on Neopets, are there because they enjoy it. :yes: And that's what really matters.

Would you mind clarifying your post, Cornflakes?

I meant that quite a few Neopets players seem to have mental disabilities. That's the only explanation for why they do the things they do sometimes.

(I'm not referring to present company.)

Even if you are Rach it wouldn't matter. I feel quite comfortable talking about my condition now, and it seems as though Starlite is too ^_^

You're not mentally disabled.

Sigh, this is going to turn into some big thing, isn't it? I said what I said, and if someone wants to be insulted by it, then whatever, I'm not going to fight about it. :)

I don't know if BPD necessarily counts as a disability but it does stop me from having a normal life, which is pretty much the definition.

Lol I really don't think anyone should or could be insulted by your remark! If they are then that's silly. That's what I was trying to say!

I don't know if BPD necessarily counts as a disability but it does stop me from having a normal life, which is pretty much the definition.

Lol I really don't think anyone should or could be insulted by your remark! If they are then that's silly. That's what I was trying to say!

My best friend is Bipolar. He's been very stable. I am so proud of him.

Back on topic, even though I have HFA I'm going to continue to love and play Neopets.

My best friend is Bipolar. He's been very stable. I am so proud of him.

Back on topic, even though I have HFA I'm going to continue to love and play Neopets.

And so you should. Neopets rules and it's great for unwinding ^_^

One of my friends who I know in real life went off her depression medication over Easter and she plays neopets. I think playing helped. I have issues with insomnia and stress, and another friend who plays has issues, but I find neopets helps me de-stress, detox and wind down. Don't let people get you down Starlite, do what you want to do and don't care about what other people say. :)

I think that's ridiculous, actually, people of all types play Neo.

It just happens that the majority of us who spend lots of time online (not just on Neo), tend to have ADHD or Asperger Syndrome. I think it's really a coincidence. It really doesn't have to do with disability.

I think that's ridiculous, actually, people of all types play Neo.

It just happens that the majority of us who spend lots of time online (not just on Neo), tend to have ADHD or Asperger Syndrome. I think it's really a coincidence. It really doesn't have to do with disability.

Not to get personal but do you have AS or ADHD? I'm HFA and my mom has attention deficit of some sort. PM me if you feel more comfortable talking about it privatley.

I believe I was misunderstood :)

by issues I meant stress of life ... responsibilities ... etc .... and we play Neopets to escape reality for a bit :)

Oh, well then, yeah. Everyone has responsibilities and stress, and we all look for ways to get away from it.

Guest iYoshinho

A couple of things

1.I do not have a disability

2.Your co-worker has a disability to think a little :P

I only know 1 person with a disability that plays Neopets.

• 2 weeks later...

that is the stupidest flow of logic i've ever heard xD there are a decent amount of disabled people on neopets, because its a great outlet for someone who can't, say, play sports or something. but there are PLENTY of people without disabilities too!

OK, well im guessing since there are lots of people who quit neo and dont deactivate their account, or are plain inactive, there are about 185K people in the world that play neopets. Knowing that (according to the if-the-world-was-100-people article) there are 50% girls on earth, thats (approx) 92,500 Girls on Neo...which means for this most-girls-on-neo-have-a-disability question, 46,251 Girls playing Neopets would have to have some sort of disability:exclamation: What are the odds of that? Assuming Neo-idus (the inability to stop playing neopets) isn't a disability, probobly something very low. I'm gonna take a random guess and say, No, the statement that most girls playing Neopets have a disability is FALSE.