Going to take Forever!

xSummer

I'm so glad other people think so too! This is my first year playing AC and I've been putting an hour in before and after work but it's still going to take a week to get to rank 1!

I don't know how anyone has the patience to play Slushie Slinger to the required score again and again, my best is 259 and that took ages.

I'd hoped TNT would fix the server error score sending glitch by AC too :(

I just wish the game was whoever gets the first goal wins. It's just too long of a process and too hard to get to rank 1. It's summertime, it's not like school where you would go on all the time, people like me have vacations and stuff like that and would love to get ranks but can't cause I don't have all day.

I think Yooyuball especially feels a lot longer because the 8 second glitch has been removed. You could cut an entire minute of gameplay out by scoring eight goals. And if you could get the hang of it and score 14 or 15 goals, then you'd be saving almost two minutes. I've definitely felt the time change and more than ever the absence of a pause button is really getting to me. jealous.gif

I think Yooyuball especially feels a lot longer because the 8 second glitch has been removed. You could cut an entire minute of gameplay out by scoring eight goals. And if you could get the hang of it and score 14 or 15 goals, then you'd be saving almost two minutes. I've definitely felt the time change and more than ever the absence of a pause button is really getting to me. jealous.gif

They fixed this with yesterday's news update. My games are going much faster today.

hit rank 1 from clicking a lot with the sosd game. then i'd take a break and play yball and then go back. got it in about 3-4 hours. Thought I was going to get an avatar.

Ouch 3-4?! I got it in about 2 with SS and YB. My fingers hurt. So much.

I cannot do the slushie game for the life of me. I just don't have the time or patience haha. Atleast with SOSD I can just keep clicking and watching tv haha. I'd get 50 games of SOSD done in 15 minutes.

Agree! And I have finals to study for... this should be quite interesting.

I wish Slushie Slinger didn't take so darned long, I happen to be really good at it.

I have a trick for that. I open SS, SoSd, and MSN in three separate tabs (I like to add "&quality=low" without the quotes to the end of the urls). I start a game of SS and immediately play one game of MSN. I clear all the guys on SS (or most, you can leave someone on the bottom or maybe even middle row), finish picking up all the glasses except for one row's (leave the slinger waiting there), then go and play another game of MSN. I can finish that second game before anyone's reached the end in SS. Once I've caught up, I can play a couple of games of SoSd (back-to-back) in between, and then usually go for 1 or 2 more SoSd's (separately) before the SS game picks up enough for me to just play it straight. Presto, 1 full rank point instead of 1/2 in the same amount of time!

I have a trick for that. I open SS, SoSd, and MSN in three separate tabs (I like to add "&quality=low" without the quotes to the end of the urls). I start a game of SS and immediately play one game of MSN. I clear all the guys on SS (or most, you can leave someone on the bottom or maybe even middle row), finish picking up all the glasses except for one row's (leave the slinger waiting there), then go and play another game of MSN. I can finish that second game before anyone's reached the end in SS. Once I've caught up, I can play a couple of games of SoSd (back-to-back) in between, and then usually go for 1 or 2 more SoSd's (separately) before the SS game picks up enough for me to just play it straight. Presto, 1 full rank point instead of 1/2 in the same amount of time!

can't believe i never thought of this. will try tomorrow... thanks for the tip!

i don't quite understand if u navigate away from the window wont all the people still come and the cups fall to the ground?

i don't quite understand if u navigate away from the window wont all the people still come and the cups fall to the ground?

Yes, the people will still come, but in the early stages, they're moving so slowly you have time to go play a game before they get anywhere near the edge. And you need to catch all the cups except in one row (I usually do the top row) -- after serving everyone in that row, leave the slinger waiting to catch them. She will even if you're in another tab. It takes a little practice to learn how much time away you can take at which stage of the game, but the method I described above works well for me. I score well over 600 each game, whether or not I use this method.

If you're nervous about trying it with MSN, try it with SoSd first, since those games last only a few seconds each. Basically, I want to always be slushing or moving to catch glasses; if I'm just waiting anyway, I may as well "wait" in another tab making NP or rank points.

Just so I'm correct, and not wasting my time -

To get to the first rank you can play 50 games of Yooyu *or* 600 games of MSN? (or some combo of both) And with MSN you need a score of at least 3,000 for it to count? And with YYB do you get 1 point for each goal you score or each game?

I just want to get to rank one this year :)

Just so I'm correct, and not wasting my time -

To get to the first rank you can play 50 games of Yooyu *or* 600 games of MSN? (or some combo of both) And with MSN you need a score of at least 3,000 for it to count? And with YYB do you get 1 point for each goal you score or each game?

I just want to get to rank one this year :)

For YYB the difference between your goals and your opponents goes toward your team. So if you scored 4 times, and your opponent 2 times, you would get 4-2=2 points for your team. It has no affect on your rank.

Just as long as you win or tie you'll advance your rank. A tie is equivalent to a round of SS.

(or so this is my understanding, sowwy if I'm wrong)

I know, right? I am among the many who can only play the side games now due to the new YYB and I doubt I'm going to get All Star rank because of this. This makes it going to take far far longer to get the All Star rank, if it is at all possible!

Yea ranking up with side games is a lot easier than yooyuball. Make Some Noise takes about 8-10 seconds to complete and Shootout Showdown should only take you about 6-9 seconds. Easy points.

@ siniri:

I've totally got the hang of playing SS and SoSd together! I can play 3 SoSd while waiting for the tables to fill. Then I clear the tables and play 2 more. Clear them again and play 1 more. Presto! 12 points during one game :) thanks for the suggestion. I finally made it to rank 1. Also, I don't worry about what color the slushies are anymore. I just fill them from the closest one and clear them top table, middle, bottom, SoSd.

I've been ignoring MSN since learning about this trick. MSN makes my arm too tired.

I don't play YYB, so ranking up for me is going to take forever with only Slushie Slinger, MSN, and Shootout Showdown to play.

Actually, just SOSD can be faster. Last year, with playing YYB (though I started towards the end) I only got to rank 10. This year, I've played no YYB, just enough MSN and SS to get NP, and played SOSD for the rest, and I'm already to rank 8. I'll be at rank 9 today. And this is only a week into the AC.

But then again, you have to be pretty obsessive about it. But I can get SOSD maxed, in about 4 hours.