Art Gallery or BC? Also, background?

So I finally got a drawing tablet and so have drawn my most epic pet, Auddisea:

xweetokwatermarked.jpg

I can't decide whether to enter her into the Art Gallery or the Beauty Contest... will it get into either? how would it do?

Also, I don't know what to put as the background, right now it's just black, and her torso doesn't show up very well. Any ideas?

it's a very nice drawing ,,, I say submit it to the Art Gallery .. the BC is a popularity contest ,, the most famous pets win , even if others are epically drawn but don't have enough popularity they won't place ... but in the BC u have a good shot at being featured and winning a nice trophy/item , also people can look back at your art ...

when is Wocky Day ?? it's best if you submit it then ....

as for the BG ,,, make it Green like Meridell .... so ur pet seems to be some sort of Knight :)

Wocky day is in November.

You can enter it before that though... they have random themed days as well o:-)

For some reason, the pose reminds me of something one of the guard at the magma pool would do. Stop! You don' thave the authorisation to enter! Go away!

Wocky day is in November.

You can enter it before that though... they have random themed days as well o:-)

For some reason, the pose reminds me of something one of the guard at the magma pool would do. Stop! You don' thave the authorisation to enter! Go away!

I agree with Xepha,that guard is allways...so grumpy...so annoying... and so...sleppy? LOL :D

Please remove that watermark when you submit your drawing to the AG/BC. It really detracts from the picture. Maybe put her name to the side or bottom.

If you're going to enter her in the BC, be sure to ask for votes both on TDN and on the neoboards. As Angelo said, the most popular pets win that contest.

For the background...Maybe you can draw the magma pool as the background? Or maybe Moltara? It's a very nice picture so I think it works well with the black background, too. :)

Just making sure! It's always sad to see a piece someone obviously worked hard on covered in watermarks. (I see it way too often :()

Make sure you share the un-watermarked version after you submit your drawing :3!

It's very nice! If you want to make it more "Xweetok" and less "Wocky," I think you could slant the eyes a bit (bring the inner corners down), to give more depth to the face, and make the bottom of the ears attach a little lower. No need to add the neck ruff since it's not actually visible, anyway. If those changes are too difficult, I like it the way it is, even if the species is a little ambiguous (though I think the mohawk gives it away).

For the background, I could see her running out of a burning building (or maybe leaping off one) on a dark night -- maybe just add a little purple to make the black of her clothes more visible.

• 2 months later...

layers are your friend!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.