Locked out of my Habitarium...

RoboHissi

So I left my Habitarium running while I went to school and my computer installed updates so it quit the Habitarium window and now I can't get back in. I looked it up, and apparently since my Habitarium has so many gems in it, it can't load it so I'm effectively "locked out."

Does anybody know how I could go about fixing this?

I heard that this was a glitch that TNT hasn't solved.

But as geoterza said, maybe you could try sending in a ticket to TNT.

Maybe more people sending in tickets about this issue could encourage them to rectify the problem more quickly.

This happened to me, I've been locked out over a month. I've sent in two tickets and got the same reply to both. Apparently it's quite a common problem, I don't know why TNT haven't released any warnings about it :( I really miss my Habitarium!

Oh wow, that really sucks! I just started playing Habitarium and would just die if I got locked out D:

I read about a possible solution on another TDN thread that the TNT has been telling people about "unofficially", since it doesn't work for all users -

http://www.neopets.com/~Nimmo#fix

Pasted a link to a guide that details the method described. Just Ctrl+F "Merge-Method" and it should show up.

Good luck getting back into your Habitarium!

So I tried the Merge Method, and all that ended up happening is my little brother also got locked out of his Habitarium... :sad01_anim:

Does anybody have any other suggestions/experiences?

EDIT: He was not actually locked out, it just took ages to load. I'm going to try again.

Oh wow, that really sucks! I just started playing Habitarium and would just die if I got locked out D:

I read about a possible solution on another TDN thread that the TNT has been telling people about "unofficially", since it doesn't work for all users -

Pasted a link to a guide that details the method described. Just Ctrl+F "Merge-Method" and it should show up.

You may have just made my day! I've been locked out since January 26th, and I really want to try this Merge Method. I did submit a ticket first to get permission to try on a side account. It'd be worth losing *all* the items in my bag to get my Habi back!

Thanks again, sintralin! The Merge Method worked, and it didn't take long at all! (I tried the trick of moving the storage in my "new" habi, and I only had to delete ~10 empty storages from my bag.) I was given permission from TNT to try this method using my side account, and I deleted the items from my side habitarium and donated the NP once I was done.

It's even laggier than I remember, but at least I can earn some NP from it again. Thanks again!

I tried the merge method on the Nimmo petpage and it didn't work (using my sister's habi as the alternate). I tried it again, but with a new account, as instructed on this petpage, and it worked like a charm the first try. If you're locked out, you should at least give it a shot. You need to start over again though, choosing the habitarium, going through the tutorial and all that. I got some of my buildings back, but if you have NC invested in your habitarium, you might want to wait until the bug fix comes out, as there is a good chance you will lose items by using the merge method.

That link was really good because it showed what a large problem this is - I hadn't even realised there were enough others locked out that it was worth making a help page, and it was especially reassuring to see that Neopets programmers were making this a priority.

I tried the merge method when I first got locked out and it didn't work; I deleted all my stuff including eggs so I hope when I can get back in I don't get stuck with only a Larnikin nester!

Oops, forgot to check back on this thread for a while..

@ ahtaxotep - maybe try the link in stream27's post? I haven't clicked on it myself, but if it worked better for them maybe it would for you too :)

@RoboHissi - WOW, I would feel awful if your brother ended up getting locked out too because of me. It's great that he didn't, though. I've been getting a ton of lag on my habitarium lately too, although my internet connection was always really bad so I just chalked it up to that...looks like it's actually a problem with the game?

@siniri - You're welcome! It's awesome that I was able to help out :) I'm glad some people found my link helpful, although the maker of the petpage probably deserves more of the credit XD

I'm so bummed...I just got locked out of my habitarium this morning. I wasn't doing anything differently than I have been so I guess my browser just automatically refreshed when it wasn't supposed to or something. If my sister lets me use her account I'm going to try the "merge" method later today.

AAAAAAHHH!!!!

I tried the fix and all I managed to do was crash my sister's habitarium. Aaaarrrggggghhhh!!!

I think I'm just going to let things be for awhile.

I thought I did too, but if you close both tabs/windows and then log on to your sister's account, her Habitarium shoulod be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back in my Habitarium! I don't know why it started working again, but I'm totally happy :) All of my buildings got re-set back to un-built in the bag like I'd just bought them and there were only 3 P3s running around. A worker, a nester, and a soldier. Luckily the nester is a Mootix since I got rid of all of my mootix eggs while I was trying to re-set it using the merge method when it first quit working. Since my only mootix nester is near the end of it's life judging by the meter, I'm starting an egg and then moving to the next nest and letting another one hatch them so I can get more mootixes going at once. At this point, even if I'd had to start back over at level 1 I'd still be happy.

I just got back in my Habitarium! I don't know why it started working again, but I'm totally happy :) All of my buildings go re-set back to un-built in the bag like I'd just bought them and there were only 3 P3s running around. A worker, a nester, and a soldier. Luckily the nester is a Mootix since I got rid of all of my mootix eggs while I was trying to re-set it using the merge method when it first quit working. Since my only mootix nester is near the end of it's life judging by the meter, I'm starting an egg and then moving to the next nest and letting another one hatch them so I can get more mootixes going at once. At this point, even if I'd had to start back over at level 1 I'd still be happy.

I more or less restarted my habi that a month ago. I just got back to level 50 so all is good. I was happy I had so many buildings in my old habi because it gave me lots of experience to build the 50 buildings I had in the bag that I wouldn't have been able to have if I just started.

I've been locked out for months. I sent in a ticket in late April, this was the response I received:

Hello!

Thank you for writing in and sharing your experiences with our Habitarium game. We've categorized your ticket based on these issues and will do our best to fix them soon.

Unfortunately we do not have a solution at this time. The programmers are working on it. We cannot predict when one will be found. We also cannot reset any glitched Habitarium that is higher than Level 7.

If we have any more information or updates to share with you we will update or re-open your ticket accordingly as it has been categorized with the specific issue that you are reporting.

Thanks for writing in!

@nessaharris That's the automated response they're sending out because most Habi complaints are the same and they're working on fixing it. Page 1 of this topic has some good links and advice for trying to get your Habi back :)

Reading all this has me worried! I don't wanna get locked out!

I only just started playing Habi a few days ago, and it's so much fun! (except when it's all laggy)

How do you continue to make np off it though once you've reached level 50? I thought you only got np when you leveled up? And does buying neocash items actually help you along, or do np item do just fine?

:D

First, NC items don't really help. (There are some that would be nice, but none that are needed.) I'm level 50 and haven't used a single NC item for it.

After level 50, you get a purple gem for every 1000 XP you get. And when you click the gem, you receive 500 NP. So basically, you get 500 NP for every 1000 XP you receive. (Just make sure to collect your NP gems when you get them. When a lot are left around, and something happens like a refresh, or closing, that can cause the gem lockout.