when will neopets shut down?

Naamah D.

I don't think anyone knows. Supposedly when people lose all interest in the website and the NC stuff and the merch and everything that brings them income. There is no set date that I am aware of at the moment.

You'll just have to take your chances with the hiatus. :)

Considering its lasted 10 years, I bet it can keep going for another ten. At this point, Neopets will cut staff long before they shut down the site.

Neopets.com has been on a steady decline.

What's a steady decline?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The graph of traffic stats for neopets on alexa.com shows that neopets' global 'reach' has fallen... Though of course, many more people are now on the Internet than a few years ago, so the data may be skewed somewhat. I don't think they're really been declining that much.

I can see neopets lasting for quite a long time... its fan base is very strong, and new people are joining all the time.

Guest Yoshinho

Remember viacom owns Neopets so it might be a while until that happens. But then again they might abandon it for petpet park and Monkey Quest.

If Neopets ever begins to fail catastrophically, Ian may very well see if we can buy it and keep it running. :P

Guest Yoshinho

Buying it would be pretty big. Neopets is worth millions and millions of dollars. Viacom bought it from Adam for 5 million I believe?

It is now. Should it ever fail to the point where shutting it down is considered, hopefully it would be within easier reach.

If buying Neopets off Viacom were easy, we would have done it by now. :P

When I joined Neopets 8 years ago I thought it would be only for a couple of years I have seen an increase in members and also heaps of new itema and things to do. With the introduction of the NC Mall and merchandise being made available in some countries it makes me think it will be around for many years to come.