What Food Did You Hate As A Kid?

Scarlet Fever

I'm looking over at the other side of the table where my daughter is looking at a piece of broccoli as if she were staring into the abyss. I have to imagine that that's exactly how I looked when I was 3, gazing upon a good helping of peas. It's amazing how my parents ever managed to keep a straight face, because I find this kind of hilarious.......SUCCESS! I just bribed her with a fortune cookie. Broccoli defeated.

So what food was your nemesis at a young age? Did your parents do anything silly just so you would eat it?

As a side note: I still hate peas. lol

I hated peas too. And green beans. Once, I got out the Hershey's syrup and poured chocolate all over my green beans so I could finish my dinner (Mom probably said I couldn't play Pokemon, or something, if I didn't finish it) :P

I hated peas too. And green beans. Once, I got out the Hershey's syrup and poured chocolate all over my green beans so I could finish my dinner (Mom probably said I couldn't play Pokemon, or something, if I didn't finish it) :P

LOL...I was a good kid, but really stubborn with food. I don't think any amount of chocolate would have swayed me.

And now that you mention it.....I kind of miss my Pokemon games.

I really dislike carrots. Even today.

I like carrot juice, carrot cake and even steamed carrots (when it's soft) but I dislike eating them fresh, raw and crunchy x-x;;;

I hated almost everything which was home-cooked !!!! .. but I changed now .. I eat everything ... matter of fact , I can't wait to be home with my family so I can eat my mom's cooking 0:)

when i was a little kid i always hated brocoli and baked beans and incase you were wondering i never liked eating vegetables as kid.Just because i'm only 12 years old doesn't mean that i'm a little kid,i'm almost 13 <_<

"evil, thy name is broccoli." haha :)

I like vegetables. But I won't go near asparagus. And now I can't even hear about it without thinking of Adam's weird asparagus obsession.

ha ha ha .. very true .. my mom was making Asparagus soup and I kept thinking .. Adam would pop out of the pot lol ....

I also don't like artichokes ...

ha ha ha .. very true .. my mom was making Asparagus soup and I kept thinking .. Adam would pop out of the pot lol ....

I also don't like artichokes ...

Artichokes freak me out. Have you ever looked at an artichoke? And what a weird name for a vegetable!

LOL...I was a good kid, but really stubborn with food. I don't think any amount of chocolate would have swayed me.

And now that you mention it.....I kind of miss my Pokemon games.

Hahaha I wasn't really picky, except for peas and green beans. Other than that, I was always pretty good about trying things. :)

As much as my parents told me, when I was a 2-year-old baby, when I wasn't hungry or didn't like the food, after meal, I would spit that food in shoes. I wonder what was I thinking then. :laughingsmiley:

After I "grew up" I remember that I liked to eat almost anything. But I know that I hate same vegetables since when I was born: garlic and onions. Yuck! x_x But I LOVE other vegetables. I'm kinda addict to some vegetables. I guess that everyone thinks that I'm crazy because I love my veggies :laughingsmiley:

Artichokes freak me out. Have you ever looked at an artichoke? And what a weird name for a vegetable!

I have never ate artichokes, but I like the way they look. My friends gave me nickname: artichoke. I don't know why. o_O

Artichokes are tasty! They are rather strange to eat, though. The artichoke, itself, is a flower bud. You are eating the "leaves" (bracts) that grow around the flower. To eat an artichoke, you boil it until the bracts are soft. Then you pull off a bract, dip it in butter, and eat the bottom of the leaf. The inner bracts can be eaten entirely. Artichoke hearts in oil are amazing on salad and pizza.

My least favourite food when I was a kid was mashed potatoes. There was nothing my mum could do to get me to eat them. I found the texture to be so disgusting that it would make me feel sick. I actually didn't like any kind of potato, except fries. I still hate potatoes today. I don't even like to eat fries all that much anymore. I much prefer yam fries.

When I ate peanut butter for the first time ever, I didn't like the taste very much that time, but now, I like them.

This reminded me something that happened to a friend of mine.

She looooved peanut butter as a kid but as she grew older they found out she is really allergic to them.

It makes her cry xD;;

For me, most vegetables are my childhood nemesis.

For some reason, I don't mind having them on my pizza nowadays, even the supreme kind.

Well, I think that all that broccoli hating is just sugestion from some dork that decided to make anti-broccoli cartoons, and I thank my mom for being creative and prepare veggies the yummy way. *cough* Fried *cough* So I like almost all of them. Even aubergines!

But one vegetable that I've hated all my 14 years of existence is corn.

May sound weird, but I can't stand looking at my soup or rice and see those evil yellow capsules filled with evil sour yellowness.

Yuck!

Artichokes are tasty! They are rather strange to eat, though. The artichoke, itself, is a flower bud. You are eating the "leaves" (bracts) that grow around the flower. To eat an artichoke, you boil it until the bracts are soft. Then you pull off a bract, dip it in butter, and eat the bottom of the leaf. The inner bracts can be eaten entirely. Artichoke hearts in oil are amazing on salad and pizza.

Yeah, I eat then with some mayo or a mixture of lemon and olive oil.

Just thinking of all these veggies makes me hungry. (And the fact that it's 1 o' clock here in Chile and I haven't had breakfast :P )

Oh man I must be sick lol, I have always loved veggies (all of them). My hated food has a first name is OSCAR, my hated food has a second name its MAYER, I never eat it any day...........lol BOLOGNA YUCK, even now I think about it and its makes me gag. There was nothing my parents could do to make me eat it.

Now you tell me I am eating "bracts"...that doesn't make it any more appealing. lol

I never really liked mushrooms either...the texture is just really strange. But the other day, I had mushroom ravioli, and despite my long-seated hatred of the fungus, I managed to eat them all. To my surprise, I rather liked it once I got past the texture. Guess I can start eating those portobellos now, Mom! :laughingsmiley:

Also, Masaryk, I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to try an artichoke, but that sounds really delicious!! :D

Alfredo sauce. I actually still hate it to this day. I also HATE anything on my sandwiches besides meat, cheese and veggies. Mustard, mayo and ketchup ewwww!!!!

Honestly, I never really had much problem with food as a kid (and I loved broccoli and peas and all those delicious vegetables).

But I remember one night my mom decided to cook sauerkraut. I hated it. I still can't eat that stuff.

Alfredo sauce. I actually still hate it to this day. I also HATE anything on my sandwiches besides meat, cheese and veggies. Mustard, mayo and ketchup ewwww!!!!

Omg Alfredo sauce is sooo good, well has to be the home made type.

And I can't see how you do not put any condiments in sandwiches, without them it tastes so dry x_x

Beef. Hated it as a kid, still don't let it near my mouth now. I used to sit at the table for hours because I wouldn't eat any of it. I ate all the rest of my meal like the sides and veggies but not any type of beef.