Quick Question

jjeiz

Hey guys! I just have a question. Is it better to put the nesters on their nests or let them gather resources? Thanks!

For me personally, I keep them on the nests.

The ones that I gather materials are my workers (even amount of soldiers/nesters and the rest workers)

I like to harvest eggs so when I am Level 49, I can just discard them for exp and keep a few on me (currently 24 pages of eggs xD)

I also keep mine on nests. They aren't as efficient as workers at gathering resources and with 6 nesters continually nesting I can normally replace P3's that die pretty quickly. I like having a page of each type of egg in my bag, and I don't like messing up that count by taking them out to hatch when a P3 dies or harvesting more. Those are my 'oops everyone died because I didn't log on for a week' eggs. :)

it's better to keep them nesting

however at the moment i'm only keeping one Pinchit nesting , while all my Mootix are harvesting ... workers and nesters alike .. but that's because I want more purple gems ....

Since probably 80% of my eggs that get laid are nesters, I have no choice but to have a bunch of them harvest. I suppose I should build some more nests, so that I can get more worker and soldier eggs.

I think it depends whether or not you can keep your browser open or not. If you can't, any P3s gathering can only gather so much before the browser is reopened (apparently). In that case, I would say keep more nesters nesting, then just pop onto habitarium once in awhile to discard the eggs and get the exp. If you can keep your browser open, You should have mostly workers (as they are more efficient at gathering resources), a few soldiers (I have 5. Enough to fill 1 upgraded barracks) and a few nesters continually nesting. I have 6, but you really only need 3 or 4. I also always keep a few nester eggs in my bag in case they all die at once, or all of a certain species dies. You don't want to have the majority of your gathering P3s as nesters, because, as others have pointed out, they're less efficient.

level 50 - I keep 15 nesters, nesting and 10 working, 14 workers, working and 6 soldiers running around fixing and fighting off bad guys. This set up works best for me. I did have more workers, but then they tend to over-work the resources. I also put workers and nesters in certain spots to gather resources. I think it is all a personal preference as to what you want to do with nesters and how many of each you want to keep out. But do make sure you have enough eggs in your bag to cover the loss of every p3 you have and then some lol

Personally, I don't often allow my nesters to gather resources. I like to keep my nesters that aren't nesting, in the houses so that I have nesters to replace the ones on the nests that get too tired.

Personally, I don't often allow my nesters to gather resources. I like to keep my nesters that aren't nesting, in the houses so that I have nesters to replace the ones on the nests that get too tired.

That's actually a great idea, maybe I should start doing that :whistle:

super interesting and good suggestion. maybe i should do that haha

I stumbled across it on accident. I'd be notified a nester was too tired, so I'd search for my other nesters, and they'd all be too tired as well, after gathering resources. So I do my best to keep all my non-nesting nesters, in the homes.

Well... I like them on nests... I have 6 soldiers, 9 nesters and the rest of my 39 p3s workers. Since I have free time... I'm Level 41 and earning levels fast. Like one level a day. Well, if you don't have time, more nesters is better :)

I don't let the nesters gather resources I only have 4 nesting at one time then swap them for 4 more fresh nesters. I only have the workers harvesting and the soldiers repair and fight off the bad guys. I try to have several of each rested in the houses and swap them over often. I also have the workers work on one resource at a time and I move the storage unit really close to them... I think this does make it quicker to collect and store...Might just be me thinks that though...

i don't have that many nesters (only 5), but i try to keep them always on nests. the only time i let my nesters harvest was when i was leveling and leaving my comp on overnight (since i wouldn't be able to collect the eggs every 45 min)