above average classes

buzz

Credits are basically points you need to earn to graduate. For example, at some schools you need about 52 credits to graduate from high school. In order to obtain them you need to take the required courses, English, Math and Science are a MUST. Then the rest of the credits you earn them by taking elective courses such as Art, PE, hmm maybe pottery or sewing XD depending on what the school offers.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay. Thanks for explaining that! That sounds kinda complicated but also kinda good cos you actually have to earn your graduation. In my school you basically just have to turn up most of the time and do your leaving certificate (the final exam in school) and you graduate

I think I'm starting to realise why most people want to go on to do further education in ireland...graduating from secondary school here is worth nothing!

that's nice. Maybe you can graduate early?

No one can graduate early at our school because you need 40 credits of English (10 per year) and 30 credits of history (10 per year, freshman year doesn't count). There are limited substitutions, but not enough to make up the loss. We need a total of 225 credits to graduate.

Of course, we could take all AP courses, get college credit, and only have to take 2 years of college for a 4 year degree, assuming the college accepts AP credit.

And yes, high school graduation is worthless. In order to pass, we need a 50% on our exit exam. I could guess and still pass it easily (I got 100% on the practice, three years before we technically learn the material).