above average classes

buzz

i am 13 i am taking Geometry a 10th grade course. And im faling it. I test at high school levels in all my classes. Its frustrating

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still manage to do pretty well. It's a pity everyone expects me to get A*s all the time.

people think i am like the smartest person in the grade but im not.

That's very interesting. See in general a lot of people think that because someone has a lot of books or is doing hwk during lunch time means they're the top of the school. I've also seen people who get C's, but they're even smarter than the ones who get straight A's...

yea i remember there was this asian girl who was very upset because she got a C, so u can imagine what was expecting her at home. And your parents dont really have to be asian, I've seen white parents who also expect their kids to get straight A's. Some parents even freak out when their kids a 97%!!!!

Well, lets compare. My parents were both teachers in China, one of them now teaches for one of the top schools in the country, and they both lived through the Cultural Revolution and all the Red Book crap. They expect me to study day and night, to get a better life than what they had.

Your turn.

My parents were both top students in school. My dad and his twin brother in particular always scored top grades. Now they expect me to do the same.

well my parents didnt get top grades

or anything but they still put high

expectations on me and rina...

quite tiring...

ohohoh and they know our weaknesses if we

refuse to study/get bad grades!

I live in constant fear of getting a B in any of my sciences/maths, a C in economics and a C in English.

well my parents don't get mad if i get low grades or anything, AS LONG AS they've seen that i have done my BEST. Now if they see me being a slacker all the time, of course they'll get mad. As for them, they were top 1 in their schools and universities and both are professionals. I went to the same school as my mom did so i had a sort of family reputation to keep back in the day XD. They do expect me to do well so i can get a good job and all.

I am generally expected to get at least an A (80%) for most of my subjects, and be in the top 5 of my class. Most of my class is four years older than me.

Well my parents SAY they don't expect me to get As (85%) all the time and won't put pressure on me but on my last school report I got one A1 (90%+), one A2 (85% - 90%) and the rest were all Bs. I was very proud of myself because I'm in senior cycle now so it's much harder than last year where all you had to do was be able to reproduce the book word for word to get an A. I was explaining to my mom that this year it's not always possible to get an A just by learning everything off but she didn't seem to quite get what I was saying.

Instead she went on to give me a 20 min talk about the amount of time I was putting into my schoolwork and how I was spending too much time playing computer games and hanging out with my friends. She even went as far as to suggest that I quit badminton (the only sport I actually play!) if it was cutting into my study time!

my parents are white and im taking a 10th grade class and im failing it i dont need to pass it this year but they expect me to get like 100%

im lucky cuzz my geomtry teacher like me.

Im have a 71.7 in geometry. i got an 85 on a test and it brough it up from a 62.7

im jumping for foy. :D