Undeserving Winners

Cornflakes

Tsk bitter much! :P

You're kinda right though. It's a bit simple and you can't see their pets which kind of defeats the point of neopets.....?

Edit: Oooh I didn't realise they were in the headery bit! I take this back, it's pretty cool :D

I... think it's pretty. =\

But then, I was never good at fashion...

It's completely devoid of any kind of graphics or coding. Here's an excellent winner by contrast:

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?place=303

(which is now all messed up because of the filters I think, but you get the idea.)

A user lookup spotlight is usually an award given to excellence.

This latest one isn't even worthy of being called 'mediocre'. My 11-year-old can do better than that.

It's frustrating to me because I've entered that stupid contest so many times, and was cruelly ignored.

Tsk bitter much! :P

You're kinda right though. It's a bit simple and you can't see their pets which kind of defeats the point of neopets.....?

YES I'm bitter!

And thank you! You can't even see their pets! How completely stupid!

It could be argued that the latest winner went with a minimalist style... As the architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe liked to say, "less is more".

The only critic I could have for it is that they didn't think of what would happen if they won the Userlookup Spotlight... now the background behind Games and Trophies is stretching and it's disrupting the line. But on her official lookup, she fixed the size of the trophies so it looks nice.

TNT likes to feature different style in their contest. They also try to pick people from different group of age.

I think lining the pets up at the top like that is genius! It's a really clean, functional design, whereas I think the one you linked to was a bit cluttered and felt like it was "trying too hard" to me. I really like the efficiency of this winner's lookup!

It could be argued that the latest winner went with a minimalist style... As the architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe liked to say, "less is more".

The only critic I could have for it is that they didn't think of what would happen if they won the Userlookup Spotlight... now the background behind Games and Trophies is stretching and it's disrupting the line. But on her official lookup, she fixed the size of the trophies so it looks nice.

TNT likes to feature different style in their contest. They also try to pick people from different group of age.

I agree here, it is just kinda a minimalist stile and the pets are at the top which I think is really unique and different, it definitely doesn't appear very often. The Mapping on the pets it pretty decent and the drop down bars are also a good touch. It is a simplistic User Lookup but the design elements themselves are rather nice. All of the colors and overall image designs and patterns work well together and it is quite pretty. Is it the best User Lookup I have ever seen? No. But considering the fact TNT likes to pick things that are different, I think it is fine. :P

I like this one better than the one you linked. The one you linked seems more complicated, but also terribly cluttered, unclear, and unnecessary slow in loading. The one that won however made an original change (the pets on top with drop down menu) and pretty colours and everything.

This reminds me of when I won the the Customization Spotlight and i got spammed with people who said I didn't deserve it, with NeoBoards floading at the OUTRAGE of someone winning who used 1 (ONE) free item from the Advent Calender etc. :P

I am also not keen on the lokup though I did like the drop down pet links I did like the second link you posted. I am not keen on a lot of black in lookups which reminds me of my dislike of shop fronts that I have to scroll down for great lengths to see the items for sale especially when I want to buy several items and the scrolling puts me off...

I'm not too keen on the lookup either, because I've always liked a neat, organized workspace where everything is clearly where it should be and there's not even a single thing that's out of place. The colour combination is a little poor and the text choices could be improved on. (As much as I don't really like it, the idea of putting their Neopets on top and make them clickable like a drop-down menu is a really unique idea. If applied better with neater CSS, I'd really love it. Maybe TNT wanted to highlight that creative part?)

I'm clearly not seeing what everyone else is seeing here (must have something to do with the glitch I just whined about on the Snowager board). When I look at the winner, I see half of two different pets with a blank black box in the middle and everything else surrounded in black. If I hover over I can see the drop down menus, but that's about it. So from where I sit, Spritzie's right, most 11-year-olds can do better... but I have a feeling I'm missing quite a few pieces. By contrast, the one Spritzie linked as being a deserving winner looks absolutely stunning to me, so points to him for coding something fabulous that shows up properly on ancient pieces of junk.

I'm clearly not seeing what everyone else is seeing here (must have something to do with the glitch I just whined about on the Snowager board). When I look at the winner, I see half of two different pets with a blank black box in the middle and everything else surrounded in black. If I hover over I can see the drop down menus, but that's about it. So from where I sit, Spritzie's right, most 11-year-olds can do better... but I have a feeling I'm missing quite a few pieces. By contrast, the one Spritzie linked as being a deserving winner looks absolutely stunning to me, so points to him for coding something fabulous that shows up properly on ancient pieces of junk.

Haha umm, just to clarify, I haven't posted on this board, so each time you said my name, I believe you meant Cornflakes.

It totally sucks. Stop arguing with me! :laughingsmiley:

Can't always win, can ya? :P

Personally I'm not very fond of the colour combinations... But as I completely fail at CSS, I think the Pets are neat, I've never seen that design before. I guess they were the first to do something original, which is why it got in even though its not as pretty as the example you showed us.

it's okay-ish. it's creative but a bit confusing. I had no idea the pets on the top were their actual pets until I read the rest of this board. Navigation is a bit confusing. Background is quite simple yet very ugly in my opinion. And what really annoys me no matter how small the difference is is the throphy part. It's slightly bigger then the info part and usually that wouldnt bother me but everything else seems so neat with the layout that that just annoys me x_x;

Ugh, the whole css hover-image thing has been done to death. Great, you can hover over the header image! Whoopedy-flippin-doo! :D

If you don't wish the over repetitive thing to win, you should create something most awesome yourself and submit it to TNT so they don't accept 'undeserving' winners ;)

If you don't wish the over repetitive thing to win, you should create something most awesome yourself and submit it to TNT so they don't accept 'undeserving' winners ;)

*whines* I DO create awesome stuff...TnT just hates me. <_<