HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH N00BS ???

Angeló

13 members have voted

1. 1. what's the best way to deal with a n00b ?

So today I got this absolutely n00bish neomail from a 14-month old account asking me to transfer my Robot Hissi to his account ... i didn't reply ... then 5 minutes later he followed it with another neomail offering me a biscuit usul or blue hissi ... i kept ignoring him so he sent me a NF request ... in the end , I had to block him ... :grrr:

how would you deal with n00bs and do you have any amusing n00b stories to share ? <_<

p.s there's a poll as well teehee :rolleyes_anim:

I got a neomail from someone asking for my MSP and neopoints so I sent them a neomail back to set them straight. Something like "you can't just beg for things you have to earn them. Earn NP through games etc" Firm but friendly advice :)

These people baffle me!!

but MrsCornflakes , it was a 14-month old account .. so .. just a n00b definitely not a newbie :guiltysmiley:

The question was,

"how would you deal with n00bs and do you have any amusing n00b stories to share ?"

If you want me to answer another question, then ask another question.

n00b :rolleyes_anim:

:P

I simply ignore them... Either way... they never bother my main account since even though I should be 13+ already. I think I input the wrong birthday so I still can't access the NeoBoards or get NeoFriends lol... But I have some leftovers when I was new, I could access all the parts of the site lol... 1 year after playing... you now cannot access 13+ parts of the site. Lol Cruel isn't it

Block them and if you're not trading any pets or apart of any chains, BLOCK user-to-user pet transfers.

If you don't there's nothing from stopping weirdos from automatically initiating a transfer.

I don't really understand? Someone can initiate a transfer on one of your pets? I thought only you could do that with your own pets, not other peoples :S

I don't really understand? Someone can initiate a transfer on one of your pets? I thought only you could do that with your own pets, not other peoples :S

I think they meant that someone could send a transfer request without even asking you first, which is pretty annoying. I'd turn off that function as well, but since I haven't painted any of my pets or anything and I don't post on the boards nobody ever bothers me, haha.

You have the option to reject it of course (that would be a HORRIBLE mistake on TNT's part if you couldn't!); but yes, if you don't have transfers blocked it is possible for someone to attempt to trade one of their pets for yours without asking. Though I'm not really sure what the point is, since all it generally accomplishes is wasting their outward transfer (yours aren't affected when you reject, but theirs is used regardless)...I suppose maybe some people do it for the same reason they offer junk on the Trading Post, just hoping you'll click the wrong button; or maybe some people really do think the pet will just be given to them because they're new or whatever. :S Never happened to me fortunately, but then again I rarely go to the boards and usually only unblock transfers long enough to switch pets between my accounts for avatars or something.

You have the option to reject it of course (that would be a HORRIBLE mistake on TNT's part if you couldn't!); but yes, if you don't have transfers blocked it is possible for someone to attempt to trade one of their pets for yours without asking. Though I'm not really sure what the point is, since all it generally accomplishes is wasting their outward transfer (yours aren't affected when you reject, but theirs is used regardless)...I suppose maybe some people do it for the same reason they offer junk on the Trading Post, just hoping you'll click the wrong button; or maybe some people really do think the pet will just be given to them because they're new or whatever. :S Never happened to me fortunately, but then again I rarely go to the boards and usually only unblock transfers long enough to switch pets between my accounts for avatars or something.

Somebody did that to me for an item worth 130K - they tried to trade me that glitchy scratchcard from the Daily Dare. I sent a very stern neomail :angry: