Get 25NC for free!

Viridian

i'm kinda suspicious, are you sure they don't hack into my account or something like that :worried:

It's a game by Nickelodeon. It would be the same as logging in with your neopets account on petpetpark :) Don't worry about that.

You can still buy something for 25 NC (it won't cost you anything then, since this was free) or wait for another free NC gift from Neopian Events.

From what I gather, what they mean is this:

They give you 25NC (for these purposes, they call it NickCash, but it is NeoCash all the same) with which you can buy some of the various features in Monkey Quest Beta that will when it's out of Beta, cost NickCash.

These features in Monkey Quest have been reduced in price to 1NC for the duration of the Monkey Quest Beta, and in Monkey Quest you can ONLY spend the 25NC you are given for free for logging in to the Beta site. That is to say, if you have 100NC, and then log in to Monkey Quest and get that free 25NC, the 100NC you already had will be unspendable in Monkey Quest, however, to all intents and purposes, you will have 125NC to spend in the Neopets NC Mall.

At the end of the Beta, all Monkey Quest accounts will be wiped, including the 25NC you were given, and all items you purchased with it WITHIN Monkey Quest.

If, at the end of the Beta, you did not spend the 25NC you were given, either in Monkey Quest OR Neopets, then that 25NC will be removed from your account. However, if you have found something to spend that 25NC on in Neopets, they won't take that from you.

In short, the free 25NC is intended for use in Monkey Quest, and any stipulations for use are tied in with Monkey Quest, rather than Neopets, which just happens to share a currency.

this took tdn a while. jellyneo noticed this about a month ago. i thought tdn was the best!

@nellethiel if you buy the items on monkey quest, those items will be wiped. but everything in monkey quest costs 1 nc each now, to make testing easier. i play monkey quest, so yea... :P but i you buy the items in the ncmall, you'll still have those. get it now?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

this took tdn a while. jellyneo noticed this about a month ago. i thought tdn was the best!

A month? This only started fifteen days ago and JN posted about it last Monday.

Rest assured that TDN is the best and will continue to post updates that are worthy of being mentioned (at the time I understood it that the 25nc would be removed from all accounts if unspent - and when I submitted myself for beta testing, I didn't even GET the 25nc DX. Now the situation regarding the removal seems to be more clear.)

Well, I'm annoyed. I got the 25 NC, but of course I can't buy anything with it because the mall isn't available in my country; now, what annoyes me is the fact that about a year and a half ago or so, the mall was SOMEHOW available here as well for some time, but then they changed that. I wouldn't buy NC with real money anyway, but TNT give some freely now and then, so it was nice. Does anyone have any idea why they changed this?

(and uh, sorry for going slightly off-topic...)

So where do you live? I'm not sure why they block the NC mall in some countries.

Tons of apologies for the late reply, I haven't been checking the forum for the past two days. Anyway, I live in Romania. I know the NC Mall is only supported in the US, Canada, Australia (I think?), and not in my country, but just as I've stated above, at one point, I was allowed to acces the Mall and try on stuff and receive the neocash randomly given out by TNT - and now none of these things are available!

Right when I wanted to score some free Neocash from the Daily Dare, it's okay to have a bit extra from this special Monkey Quest bonus. (:

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! :D

I'm assuming that since there's no gain of NP items, it's probably fine to go on your sides. Don't quote me on that though :P

Since I can in no way profit from this (in regards to neopoints or neopoint items) I think it would be fine to do on a side account. Having decided that, I bought my wocky a cute little hair bow. :) I was just lamenting the other day the lack of cute hairbows available through neopoints. The only np hairbow is a winter themed one from the advent calendar.

Can we do this on our main account and side account? Or just our main?

Most likely on your sides as well, as there is no gain which you could sell again (neopoints/items).

Anyway, I live in Romania. I know the NC Mall is only supported in the US, Canada, Australia (I think?), and not in my country, but just as I've stated above, at one point, I was allowed to acces the Mall and try on stuff and receive the neocash randomly given out by TNT - and now none of these things are available!

It's supported widely throughout Europe as well (living in The Netherlands, I speak from experience :P) It's too bad they left Romania out, I guess there aren't too many Romanian players?

Most likely on your sides as well, as there is no gain which you could sell again (neopoints/items).

It's supported widely throughout Europe as well (living in The Netherlands, I speak from experience :P) It's too bad they left Romania out, I guess there aren't too many Romanian players?

That might be the reason, but I can't know for sure. I was thinking the other day that it may be because of the Internet connection? I mean, one-two years ago we had cable Internet (around the time when the Mall was open), but then we switched to wireless... Although that would be stupid. I don't know. I'm just a little annoyed, that's all. Oh well. :P

I don't think I will try this even for the 25nc as I have enough trouble keeping up with the dailies/forums/quests and so on...

All you have to do is log in to the website, the 25NC will be added automatically. You dont have to keep playing :)