Day 3: Faerie Bubbles *Double Dare*

hrtbrk

Arrrgh! I finally beat AAA's score and had the same issue where I can't send my score :grrr: .... That stinks, it took me forever to get it too. I'm not very good at this game. I'll try opening in another resolution like someone suggested.

YaY! Opened in 'large' resolution and sent score and it worked =D

Edited by bfly1126

This is just a nub question but I want to make sure, once I beat the Double Dare, I don't have to beat AAA's score... Right? The option is still clickable.

If you want to beat the daily dare, you'll have to beat AAA's score (1000 points). However you do not have to challenge AAA, you just enter the double dare which is your replacement of AAA and Abigail :)

Arrrgh! I finally beat AAA's score and had the same issue where I can't send my score :grrr: .... That stinks, it took me forever to get it too. I'm not very good at this game. I'll try opening in another resolution like someone suggested.

Gah! I feel your pain! 1167 and it wouldn't process... As a side note, the bubbles finally decided to be a different bubble other than dark on level eight. Got a nice little bonus there and I didn't have to deal with level 8. :)

If you want to beat the daily dare, you'll have to beat AAA's score (1000 points). However you do not have to challenge AAA, you just enter the double dare which is your replacement of AAA and Abigail :)

Awesome, thank you! I beat the Double Dare challenge, so I'm set!

A note to all of you having troubles processing your score:

When you are on the faerie bubbles game page, don't just 'click to play.' Go down to game options and select large game size instead of regular. This will open the game in it's own pop-up window and will hopefully fix any processing issues. :)

I know these codes are in the walkthrough but in case anyone didn't see them or think to look there, I figured I'd repost them there because really if you use these codes, you will definitely get the 1000

Oh. I wish I'd seen your post earlier.

But at least I beat AAA, with a Double Dare. After 37 1/2 tries. with a score of 1187, my new high score. :)

There is an easy way to get to the score :P

I have been playing it recently since it's a quick 1000np with the following method.

On level one, type bubbles. It will turn all the bubbles into one element on the screen. Then if the bubble in your cannon does not match the one on the screen, type faerieland to get a rainbow bubble. If that does not clear the screen in one shot, click the x in the left corner and restart the game. This way, you will get a 250 bonus points for the level 1. (Total pts for level 1 will be 267 points). That's a quarter of the score you need to beat AAA.

Also, remember that the game is not timed. You should carefully aim your bubbles because if they end up in the wrong place, in some cases it will add to the amount of moves you need to clear the screen, which is not good because it will reduce your bonus points.

Xepha, YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! I've been trying since early this morning/late last night to beat faerie bubbles and couldn't break 700-900 points. I was using all of the codes and everything. I got 1383 on my first try using this method. Thanks so much for posting it! Otherwise, I don't think I would have beaten the double dare today.

As someone else said on trying to use it on level 8--I have tried this (after beating AAA), and I keep getting dark bubbles, and it's a pain to restart after getting that far--but it worked for one of my nieces, so I'd say whichever way works best for you is the way to go. Thanks TDN for making my day--now back to work.

I finally beat AAA. I used the cheats on level 8 and it saved me but I'd keep restarting the game until I got atleast 175 bonus points the first round. I think I beat him in under 75 tries 100 at most. Never gonna play that game again.

Xepha, YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! I've been trying since early this morning/late last night to beat faerie bubbles and couldn't break 700-900 points. I was using all of the codes and everything. I got 1383 on my first try using this method. Thanks so much for posting it! Otherwise, I don't think I would have beaten the double dare today.

As someone else said on trying to use it on level 8--I have tried this (after beating AAA), and I keep getting dark bubbles, and it's a pain to restart after getting that far--but it worked for one of my nieces, so I'd say whichever way works best for you is the way to go. Thanks TDN for making my day--now back to work.

If you are after the avatar, it's recommanded to use it later only (on level 15) ;)

But since we just want to get 1000pts, you might want to use it earlier. The thing is that you must use it on your first move on a level, to be sure to get the bonus 250 pts :)

God! I am reminded how much I hate Faerie Bubbles. I was never good at this game, with the highest I'd ever gone at 356 points. But because this was a Double Dare, I HAD to get it out.

The I found TDN's walkthough and...oh my god...it was a LIFESAVER! I managed 1245 the fifth time I played, then I couldn't send the score after selecting AAA (using the trick of playing the game before you select who to challenge, then selecting the appropriate one after), so I had to exit out of the screen (already had it on Large), and play again. 1,328 points later, I beat the Double Dare.

Then I had to do the same for my bff (since I have done all her Gamesmaster, Daily Dare and Altador Cup challanges since she is not good at any of them. On the up side, I do tend to get spoilt when I go and visit her... :whistle: ).

Mind you, on one level, lvl 10 I believe, I accidentally got a 3 row air combo, 3 rows from the bottom. they all filled the space. Luckily I still had the Bubbles cheat (but not the Faerieland one or the Slumberberry, used 'em both on lvl 8), and a water bubble in the cannon. So I typed Bubbles. And they all turned into...dah duhhhn...water bubbles. Thank god.

So I managed to get over 1,000 with that, and beat the Double Dare for her too.

So I'm back to playing neopets after a two year hiatus. My high score was 1,180, but today I haven't been able to get past 500. >.< I'm going to try the walkthrough and see where I go from there. Thanks for the heads up about the large resolution. I kept sending my score for Top Chop and it wouldn't go through. Finally got it so yay! 1 down, 2 to go.

Welcome back, linden.

I beat AAA first time up. I feel so good at Faerie Bubbles even though I'd never played it before in my life. Heh. And my score sent, I feel so fortunate. On with the rest of my evening.

3 hours later, mission accomplished. I have no idea how many times I played, just glad I finally got over 1000. I was going to go for the avatar as well tonight but...... I'm so tired! And I still have to beat Crisis Courier from yesterday.... which, I might add is annoying on a trackpad. :P

Congrats to everyone who got the double today! :D

The I found TDN's walkthough and...oh my god...it was a LIFESAVER!

Same here--I don't think I could have gotten >1,000 without the walkthrough. It lays everything out so nicely. I almost feel like I could go on to get the avatar with a little practice. Well, maybe.

-Five

I use all the cheat codes, but I only get very close to 1000 and am defeated before I can even reach it. Only once have I gotten over 1000!

I'm even using "bubbles" and "faerieland" on level 1 and it still doesn't work for me! I've NEVER been good at focusing!

That's it, I give up. I can't do it. The guide is no help at all. The prizes are stupid anyway. I quit. And you can bet I'm not going to be playing Daily Dare anymore either. One game I'm bad at after another.

I don't like the whole "Im bad at one game so I'm going to quit boo hoo" story. You have twenty some days to try and achieve the score. Don't give up on the other twently games after one missed score.

Plus, I'm certain you can still participate alongside with Abigail, at the very least.

Chin up and keep at it. Calm down and you will achieve it.

I agree with hrtbrk. DON'T give up! :sad01_anim:

Because of the low ratio last month I'm pretty good in this game. Reached 1000 without the cheats for the first time and was so proud. And I L O V E the background, I think it's gorgeous (even though it doesn't fit my baby zafara) :wub_anim:

& Good luck Lady Lyuba :)

Thank you, you guys. I'm going to be playing FB every day until I can finally beat the score. Thanks a lot. I just have a hard time handling stress and frustration and I can lose my mind when that happens, I'm sorry about that. :P

*looks at Imperial Exam* Eh, yeah I think I'll just challenge Abigail for this one... :laughingsmiley: