What made you join Neopets?

brandongamer

I was on another virtual pets site. All you could do there is feed your pet (once a day) and choose a training course (once a day). My friend and I got bored with that and stumbled on a link to Neopets. Signed up not knowing or understanding what it was about, but it gave us something else to do. Mind you - I joined in 1999 and the most exciting thing on the site then was probably Badeek Seek (now Kacheek Seek).

Some of my friends were playing and convinced me to join, I really wasn't sure. I suspect if I'd been more interested & hadn't just let one of them make an account for me, I might have got a better username than the one I'm stuck with now!

My friend got me to join when i was 12 because she wanted more neofriends. She and I are both still playing 9 years later, though we've gone away for a couple years and come back (and gone through a couple of accounts).

Haha I totally started playing because everyone in my 4th grade class started playing during breaks, and everyone competed to get to one of the two computers so they could play Meerca Chase or Cheat :P

It was just a time diversion that was sorta like Pokemon (also popular at the time) but had more fun games :D

I was on another virtual pets site. All you could do there is feed your pet (once a day) and choose a training course (once a day). My friend and I got bored with that and stumbled on a link to Neopets. Signed up not knowing or understanding what it was about, but it gave us something else to do. Mind you - I joined in 1999 and the most exciting thing on the site then was probably Badeek Seek (now Kacheek Seek).

Do you remember what pet site that was?

So, if you guys heard about Neo from a friend - did they help you with the game?

I was 14 and my younger sister did it so I started too because back then it was pretty exciting to be able to make your own pets and play with them, play games to get NP to buy things and so on. Now I'm 22 and I'm still playing but I'll play for a bit and stop for a few years. I started back up a few months ago (when I came back from holidays and had no job, HA!) and have kept it up ever since. I know because I've been playing for so long my account could be "better" but whatever, I just like collecting things now and playing games sometimes.

I joined Neopets because there's a large variety of things to try out and spend money on. :P I did leave Neopets for a while when I had something better to do, but I returned when school started in September 2010~ XD I thought it would be a little less addictive than what I was doing in the holidays... (in order to focus on my studies...) Unfortunately, an awesome plot was released right after my return... :P

saw an ad in 2006

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

My little sister was cracked out on the internet for hours a day...I was like "What are you DOING all day on the computer?!" and she was like "Neopets....it's awesome." So I first looked at it and I was like "ghey" and then the second day I signed up. ...That was 10 years ago! :)

When I was a kid, I joined seven years ago because it was something to do.

Other people in my late elementary/ early middle school days played it, so we would chat on there since some people didn't like AIM at that age.

I slowly grew out of it, and I became a bit bored, so I decided to stop playing.

Today, I joined because I am back into petsites/sims. I noticed Neo changed a great deal over the year-- and now it has SO much to do compared to back then. :king:

• 3 weeks later...

Originally, I was a kid and a friend asked me to.

Last fall; I was listening to SI radio and SillyWabbit mentioned it; I figured I hadn't been on in years, may as well check it out.