Habitarium: what do you think should/will change?

Alleycat

The Neopets Habitarium is still running bèta. It's undergoing changes, and I like the ones I have noticed recently.

There are still some complaints, and 'would't it be nice' scenarios, but not everybody agrees in what manner it should change.

What do YOU think should change about Prof. Milton Clodbottle's Astounding Habitarium?

I think it'd be nice if we could trade eggs. That way, when someone is out of a certain species, they can still trade another one for the one they need.

And maybe, they could put in a fourth species of p3, one you can unlock at a certain level.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think egg trading would be a great idea. I've been out of Mootix for a few weeks and it would be nice to be able to get a few more of them. More levels soon would also be great! lol. I'm not sure why, like others have pointed out, that they stop you at level 25 but you can only upgrade certain buildings and P3s at higher levels. Not sure why they don't just let you keep going. Unless they don't want people running their levels up too high before all the features are released so there's less of an "experience gap" for newer players. Or maybe my brain is just strung out on caffiene and lack of sleep O.o

I think more levels is the think that is really necessary...

Another species of petpetpet would make it more interesting...as it's a bit samey with only 3...

I think they could add more types of building, as I'm not really interested in the decorations unless I get them free...

But the biggy would be allowing us to get past lv 25! The reason they might be doing that is to change it from BETA testing to whatever the next stage is we might have to lose all our data and they don't want people getting too annoyed!!! That's what my boyfriend thought...

I think more levels is the think that is really necessary...

The reason they might be doing that is to change it from BETA testing to whatever the next stage is we might have to lose all our data and they don't want people getting too annoyed!!! That's what my boyfriend thought...

Could be. I think they're still working on new things for level 25+ and if you could level up too much now, you'd suddenly unlock loads of new things all at once.

Maybe it's a mixture of all those reasons.

More buildings would indeed be very nice.

Non-NC Mall backgrounds would be cool too. I hope the habitat can expand quite some more as well ^^

I think I remember saying that, right before they moved Habitarium out of Premium-only testing (Where they kept resetting out levels), that once it was an open Beta, our levels wouldn't be reset anymore. Does anyone else remember seeing this, or did I imagine it O.o

i would like it if they let us move the resource tiles around instead of them just ramdomly popping up when you get mour room.

another petpetpet species that can play would be cool but how would they add it? they have to have nesters for whatever p3 so would they just give everybody a nester? i think that would be a hassle is why neopets hasn't added more p3 species sooner

I would like more levels. That's really the only thing I'm concerned about right now, because it's getting dull just doing the same things over and over again. Leveling up gives you a feeling of having accomplished something.

I would also like some of the snazzier colours to be available without NeoCash, but that would just be nice, not necessary.

Hi, I'm new to the TDN forums, but have been using the TDN site for a long time, so hello everyone ^^

I am/was addicted to the Habitarium but now that I'm level 25, I just leave it running in the background to accumulate materials and eggs.

What I think would be nice is to be able to turn houses/nests/hospitals/barracks around. Storages look the same anyhow, but turning the buildings will greatly give us more options to arrange the things on our habitariums.

Also some way that tells us the tally of each of the different types of eggs we have. It gets annoying to have to count them manually.. especially when we are aiming to get a certain number of p3s of a particular job. e.g. more workers.

And the ability to select multiple P3s to toss them into the house will save us from dragging them one by one!

i would like it if they let us move the resource tiles around instead of them just ramdomly popping up when you get mour room.

I understand people'd want this, but I disagree, I think it'd make it too easy that way. You choose a habitat before you start the game, so choose wisely and place your buildings tactically.

The option to move around resource tiles will probably lead to many very boring-looking habitats.

Hi, I'm new to the TDN forums, but have been using the TDN site for a long time, so hello everyone ^^

I am/was addicted to the Habitarium but now that I'm level 25, I just leave it running in the background to accumulate materials and eggs.

What I think would be nice is to be able to turn houses/nests/hospitals/barracks around. Storages look the same anyhow, but turning the buildings will greatly give us more options to arrange the things on our habitariums.

Also some way that tells us the tally of each of the different types of eggs we have. It gets annoying to have to count them manually.. especially when we are aiming to get a certain number of p3s of a particular job. e.g. more workers.

And the ability to select multiple P3s to toss them into the house will save us from dragging them one by one!

I like the idea of turning around buildings, I mean you can still drag p3s into buildings with the exit towards a dead end, but it looks silly.

I've been thinking about the egg-counting thing as well and the shops gave me an idea.

Notice that in the shop it shows how many items you already have in your bag. Now, why not put all the double items in your bag in one slot, and put a number on it? Same goes for the eggs, for example if you have 2 mootix worker eggs, 4 pinchit nester eggs and 5 soldier larnkin eggs, it'd show up in your inventory as three seperate eggs with a 2, 4 and 5 on them. When you'd select the egg you'd see what type of p3 is inside, like how it is now.

It'd also save you all the scrolling through the eggs to get something else then mootix (or is it just me who hordes eggs? :whistle: )

Selecting multiple p3s sounds cool, could also be convenient when you get attacked :)

How about some more inks and brushes to customize the buildings and the pets? I hate it that you can only buy cute ones with NC...

Also, there should be some more activities to do besides raiding neighbors, collecting materials and eggs... I've been working on collecting materials to upgrade the buildings and it is rather boring...

I've been thinking about the egg-counting thing as well and the shops gave me an idea.

Notice that in the shop it shows how many items you already have in your bag. Now, why not put all the double items in your bag in one slot, and put a number on it? Same goes for the eggs, for example if you have 2 mootix worker eggs, 4 pinchit nester eggs and 5 soldier larnkin eggs, it'd show up in your inventory as three seperate eggs with a 2, 4 and 5 on them. When you'd select the egg you'd see what type of p3 is inside, like how it is now.

It'd also save you all the scrolling through the eggs to get something else then mootix (or is it just me who hordes eggs? :whistle: )

Selecting multiple p3s sounds cool, could also be convenient when you get attacked :)

I really like this idea. Looking through 8 pages of eggs is annoying. I can't imagine what will happen when I get to 20+

I'd also like choices when it come to buildings. I have a row of houses, a row of nests, and a row of storage buildings. It's quite dull, even with the basic ink colors (I refuse to pay NC for ink).

Rotating items would be great. I'd like to have a twig fence border, but it looks quite silly on the right and left sides (same thing with the pinecone fence on top and bottom)

And of course, more levels. I'm ready for more space, more p3's, and new stuff!

I'd definitely like egg trading. After a few weeks of playing, my P3 were dying at a rate of 5 per day! And since Mootix nesters were the only ones that weren't tired or hungry, I only had them making eggs, and now, I have a Mootix-only Habitarium. I miss Pinchits and Larnikins!!! :sad02

And I agree to the idea of buildings able to turn around. I chose the Habitarium number two, and tough it has lots of water, it's very unuseful when it comes to placing buildings. Now I have everything mixed up! <_<

Anyway, I REALLY hope that TNT think about it.

I have twenty... eight? I think? Yes, 28 pages of eggs. :rolleyes_anim: I would very much like to have a counter like you suggested. It would save me a lot of clicking.

And I definitely agree with rotating buildings. Having my houses misaligned bothers me, but their current placement is the most efficient given the shape of my Hab and the number and type of buildings I need.

(Oh, and welcome. :D )

Well, as of today, habitarium is out of beta! You can now max out at level 50! Turns out, hoarding eggs was the way to go! :) You can also see which pets are nesters/workers/soldiers when you click on your buildings, instead of having to drag them out and click on them to tell. Looks like you still can't rotate buildings or tally your eggs, but at least we have new levels. Good luck everyone!

if you ditch the eggs, you get 200 points... it's better to have ur petpets lay eggs than work...

but i did notice less bugs - whenever i tried to collect more than one egg, the program would freeze. it seems to work better now.

I'm still gettting a fair few bugs...

I also don't think they've improved it half enough - there's no new building...in fact nothing new for those of us who play with np aside from the levels - I'lll keep playing for the np from levelling up...but I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on it.

I feel discriminated << Just because I don't spend real money to this game I cant get really good stuff.

Even if I would pay real money to them I couldn't. I don't have a credit card and you cant by ANYTHING from neopets here.

And besides - its really TO expensive!

I waited for the new levels very long and hoped for new changes but apart from the little bit space and the 3 more p3 I didn't get anything. I have the same old bugs and so on ~_~

But the 10k where sweet =D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...