from the "OMG I Can't Believe I Just Saw That" dept

Jase

o_O! Is that even possible? I mean seriously, I would have invested those points in something better. you can buy over 9000 2-Dubloon coins with that many points. Most likely it was a glitch.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your post. The words have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I really hope there's a good explanation for it, but I don't know what it could be. Unless it's two friends, with one giving the other a huge donation. I would feel horrible if it was someone new that didn't know better. (It seems there's often items put in auctions with starting bids far above what they're worth.)

Actually, did it say that someone had actually bid on it or is someone just trying to get that amount for it...? If it said nobody next to it then it might just mean that someone was hoping for a lucky click...

I did take a screenshot of what I saw, how/where would I upload it to show you?

or can I upload it to s 3rdparty server and post a link?

You could upload it to a 3rd party, like Photobucket, and post the image or link here.

I would feel horrible if it was someone new that didn't know better.

Sorry, but I doubt someone new would have that sort of NP. :P At least, it is highly unlikely.

Sorry, but I doubt someone new would have that sort of NP. :P At least, it is highly unlikely.

:laughingsmiley: True. I forgot about that part. But you never know. Anything is possible on Neopets. (I remember for quite sometime, I didn't know to check the SW for prices, before I sold things. And I certainly didn't shop around for prices when buying.)

:laughingsmiley: True. I forgot about that part. But you never know. Anything is possible on Neopets. (I remember for quite sometime, I didn't know to check the SW for prices, before I sold things. And I certainly didn't shop around for prices when buying.)

Yes, I suppose a new person could have luckily won a jackpot from the slot machines and/or other luck games. Still highly unlikely. Either way, i do hope it wasn't an honest mistake from a hard working person. That would just be heartbreaking.

Yes! I like this explanation. :laughingsmiley: That would be quite awesome if that's what happened.

Awesome...but rather unlikely...I'd be interested to see the screenshot! Then I can go and be nosy on the persons account page...like seeing how long they've been on neopets etc. But thats just me being nosy.

well....i kinda almost feel like this is the same thing with the sand for tdn....

like, idk that any reasonable person would bet that much on it

It's completely different though. The sand thing, is a donation. It's for people that want to help out the ALP and the goal of getting larger items, like the Bony Grarrl Club. It's an easier way than trying to send NP to ALP. You buy a junk item, and the ALP gets the NP to use towards avatar items for lending. Plus, sand is pretty. I've kept every bottle of sand I've ever gotten from anything. :laughingsmiley:

someone is probably lending someone else 8 mil pure NP for ADAM avatar. This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of. Because you can't bid more than 800k pure on the Trading Post, and it would take more time setting up 10 trades and bidding on them etc ...

Seems to me like the one account is a side account of the other account. It's possible that they could be selling NPs, but that's a little bit too obvious for someone to do that. :P