my eyes, they suck. How are yours?

Manta

Maybe I should take a trip to the opticians then, lol. I did once wear my glasses to drive and it was scary because all the cars on the other side of the road seemed to be a lot closer to me than they do normally, lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never worn contact lenses though ... I do feel I'm a bit like Miyuki from Lucky Star, who is so scared of contact lenses she can't even go into an opticians to ask for them xD

I think I've tried to wear contacts about 5 or 6 times now. Every time, I try for about half an hour to put them in, then it kinda burns my eyes (the saline solution I guess?), then it takes me another 10 minutes to get it out. But my eyes are really sensitive. The last time I got that test where they blew a puff of air in your eye, I got one eye done, and then started shaking involuntarily. It was kinda scary!

I think I've tried to wear contacts about 5 or 6 times now. Every time, I try for about half an hour to put them in, then it kinda burns my eyes (the saline solution I guess?), then it takes me another 10 minutes to get it out. But my eyes are really sensitive. The last time I got that test where they blew a puff of air in your eye, I got one eye done, and then started shaking involuntarily. It was kinda scary!

I tried contacts twice before I was able to wear them. They burned and made my eyes water. I just wasn't ready. But the next time I tried, I had no issues. They worked perfectly.

I hate the air puff. They usually either don't bother with me, unless they have a reason to. After they do one eye (if they can manage that), then the other is nearly impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Whopee, I've got 20/20 vision. So far. I really hope it's not deteriorating, though, since I spend so much time in front of the computer. But I've got a few more months 'till 16 years of age, so hopefully this good eyesight remains consistent. I've heard that the older you get without glasses, the less likely you'll ever need them. Hopefully that's correct. xD

Oh, and I was scared half to death the other day in school when the nurse gave everyone in phs.ed an eye and bmi checkup. I was told to look into this eye machine and read off the third row of letters. I could barely see them at all, and started panicking and read them as best I could. I guess I got most of them wrong, 'cause the nurse started asking me questions like, "Do you ever have trouble seeing the board?" And I was like, "No no no! There must be a mistake! -panic attack-" So I look back into the machine. Turns out I was looking down at the little tiny film that was being projected into a brighter, 5-times larger image if I had looked slightly upwards instead, and that was the image I was supposed to be reading from. I could read all of the letters in the third row and for many rows below that. I was very much relieved. xD

I admit to being guilty to occasionally wearing non-prescription glasses. They just look really good on me! :whistle:

Haha. A bunch of my friends actually do that. But hey, if it looks good, there's no reason not to right? :laughingsmiley:

I think I have good vision. I don't wear glasses, and I hopefully won't need too. *crosses fingers*. But I do look smart when I wear them! However...my hearing is a completely different story... b)

I wear glasses when I was 11, really bad one I'll say. But the degree increases every 3 years and luckily it kept constant after I went to the college.

And wearing contacts become one of my daily routine now, since the first time I wear it, I nearly cried. After that, I used to wear it during daylight and switch back to glasses at night.

I've worn glasses constantly for around 2 years now (before that it was for watching TV and looking at the board in classes etc). The last time I was at the opticians they said my eyesight had improved slightly. I don't think I actually need to wear my glasses all the time (i.e. when I'm up and about - not if I'm lazing around), but I do so anyway because I frequently get headaches that I'm sure are related to eye strain. I'm confused as to whether wearing the glasses is supposed to help improve your sight or not, because some people claim that you become dependent on them!

Last year I asked my optician if I could try contacts. I was able to work with them fine, but I found that they didn't actually make my sight any better. I was told my eyesight "wasn't bad enough", but I think it could be due to my slight astigmatism. I'm so used to wearing glasses now anyway that it'd feel weird to walk around without them!

The only thing I hate about my glasses is when its cold outside and you go inside you cant see anything ~-~

Haha, me too! If anyone looks at me strangely when I take my glasses off and lay them down for a while I have to announce that "I've steamed up". :D

GUYS so I got my OTHER pair of new glasses this week; they have a dragonfly on the side and they're the SICKEST THINGS EVER. They're transitions, but I totally forgot about it, so when I came inside after walking home from class, I looked in the mirror and was like YO WHEN DID THESE TURN INTO SUNGLASSES???

it was so cool :D

GUYS so I got my OTHER pair of new glasses this week; they have a dragonfly on the side and they're the SICKEST THINGS EVER. They're transitions, but I totally forgot about it, so when I came inside after walking home from class, I looked in the mirror and was like YO WHEN DID THESE TURN INTO SUNGLASSES???

it was so cool :D

I had transitions when I was in grade school, into middle school. I finally got rid of them. Back then, they took so long to go back to clear lenses, that I'd have to take them off when I got back into the classroom from recess or lunch. I'd set them on my desk, then forget and leave them there.

Hmm yeah, I've heard that a bunch of people who have transitions had that problem :/

AGUHHH my nosepiece broke off this morning >:( I JUST GOT THESE GLASSES ARGHHHHHHHHH :sad02:

I had transitions when I was in grade school, into middle school. I finally got rid of them. Back then, they took so long to go back to clear lenses, that I'd have to take them off when I got back into the classroom from recess or lunch. I'd set them on my desk, then forget and leave them there.

My mum has that problem. It's not so good when she works with computers and can't see a thing if she's just entered the building! :P

Hmm yeah, I've heard that a bunch of people who have transitions had that problem :/

AGUHHH my nosepiece broke off this morning >:( I JUST GOT THESE GLASSES ARGHHHHHHHHH :sad02:

Oh, no! Have you managed to get them fixed?

Heck, I'm really as blind as a bat. I have rather fuzzy eyesight, so I always wear my spectacles daily (except when I'm in bed). :P

I'm scared of getting contacts, they would sting my eyes a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

i have TERRIBLE eyes <_< im 20/60 in my right and 20/40 in my left. i dont want 2 get contacts cuz i read a story about how some woman got blind cuz the contact cut her eye. so i have glasses. but there not THAT nerdy, just nikes

My eyes started out bad and have gotten worse over the years. I've had glasses since the first grade...and still wear glasses now! Contacts sometimes (I wore only contacts throughout high school because I was self conscious) but I feel more comfortable in my glasses and have quite a few pairs.

Prescription wise I'm -5.75 in both eyes.

My eyes are HORRIBLE.. I think my vision is somewhere in the 150 range? Lets just say I have to have the "thinned" lenses but they are still prob 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. So yea....nearsighted... cant see but a couple inches in front of my face clearly without glasses. I've never tried contacts....just cant get over the "putting something in your eye" thing.

Lets just say I have to have the "thinned" lenses but they are still prob 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick.

Oh me too! They can't make my lenses as thin as I want them where I live so I get my aunt to bring me glasses from overseas whenever she visits :S I have tried contacts before but they make everything look really big (like a fish eye camera lens) and I could never get used to it.

My vision sucks, too! I'm not sure what the numbers are, but anything not directly in front of my face is reallyreally blurry.

Also, I apparently have a funny-shaped head. No one else can fit into my glasses.

I had to get glasses after I failed the eye test for my license, although my vision had been getting progressively worse for a while then. XD