Firefox >.<

Fever

Hi there!

I am grudgingly using Firefox to prevent any problems with CGers before they start... But I have a huge problem with FF.

It freezes up every minute or two. I'm OK if the thing freezes up like, once a week or once a month like my lovely Chrome does. I'm trying to earn enough money to by a Draik, and that requires games... So I literally can't afford for my FF to freeze up in the middle of a game; it just ruined a good game of Wheeler's Ride.

Any idea how I can stop Firefox from freezing up so much? <_<

If you're only playing games, why not just go on Chrome? You won't be going to anyones pages if you're just playing games, right? But, try turning off NoScript/whatever other programs you've got while playing games :D

Plus, I heard that shops/look ups have been whitelisted so there shouldn't be a CG problem. :)

If you're only playing games, why not just go on Chrome? You won't be going to anyones pages if you're just playing games, right? But, try turning off NoScript/whatever other programs you've got while playing games :D

Plus, I heard that shops/look ups have been whitelisted so there shouldn't be a CG problem. :)

*hallelujiah chorus*

Thank ypu ever ever so much! *flees to chrome again* :woot:

In case you ever do need to get Firefox working, I highly recommend you go to Tools > Add-ons and disable any extensions you're not explicitly using. The problem you're describing is quite a common one, and is generally caused by crappily coded extensions (often installed malware-style by antivirus software) actively interfering with Firefox and locking it up.

For a span of about two years, I had some serious problems with Firefox. It was being a total CPU hog. As it happened, I figured out that it was having an inexplicable negative interaction with some of the bloatware that came with my laptop, specifically the fingerprint scanner. I uninstalled a bunch of unnecessary garbage, and it works wonderfully now.

In case you ever do need to get Firefox working, I highly recommend you go to Tools > Add-ons and disable any extensions you're not explicitly using. The problem you're describing is quite a common one, and is generally caused by crappily coded extensions (often installed malware-style by antivirus software) actively interfering with Firefox and locking it up.

This is completely true. I often have problems with flash games freezing and not accepting keyboard input for one or two seconds every now and then (enough to ruin a game of Meerca Chase II!). The most common culprit, I have found, is syncing extensions that sync bookmarks, etc. Google Gears syncing for offline Gmail was also a problem once. Most recently it was actually a plugin, so be sure to give those a careful run-through as well.

Probably useless advice if you've switched back to Chrome...but yeah.

Guest Yoshinho

Firefox works just fine for me. Petpet Park and Key Quest works for me so other games might as well too.

Disable all extensions that are unneeded. Turn off themes. Also make sure to clear cache history and browsing history also download everytime you close firefox. I make firefox delete cookies everytime. I do not mind having to login again everytime I open it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a voluntary contributor to the project for several years.

I've usually found that when people report freezing or issues they are either:

1. Plugin or addon related.

2. Issues with the profile.

Both of which can be solved, however if there is a site that is genuinely causing issues then feel free to drop me a line and let me know. If it's a bug the guys at Mozilla usually love to hear about them to get the problem resolved. I'll try to keep an eye on this forum to see if any specific issues turn up.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't have any problem with firefox. i just love it. you can make firefox not remember your history if that is a possible culiprit. i agree with the useless add ons. if you don't really need it don't use it. though i would download one add on called adblock plus. it helps out a lot. i try to stay away from Internet explorer. it's slow...

I didn't think that I had any problems, but just checked my add ons disabled a ton I don't need and it is running so much better it's untrue! This makes for one happy bunny as I wasn't expecting any difference really, but was just being nosy!

Firefox got worse and worse with the bugs as it went along, I used it for about 2 years before finally switching back to Opera. (Google Chrome won't install no matter how many different install files I download, and Safari messes up the colors..). I think there was something wrong with a recent update to FireFox that left it unable to run certain scripts, because I didn't have any add-ons and it would constantly give me issues.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.