R.I.P Hubrid Nox

selusa

So, I guess today's Advent Calendar confirmed that Nox is dead by Xandra's nefarious hand and is in the cold hard ground. Or did he just get his hands on a Ghost Paint Brush so he could reap the rewards?

If he is truly dead, then I think (& I could be wrong) this is the first time since Coltzan that a major character has actually kicked the bucket. I'm not sure if he was an actual vampire or something else, but if he was, that would suggest a certain undeadness that only vampires (and zombies, I guess) are capable of achieving.

Thoughts? Theories? Eulogies?

I dont think the advent calendar pictures are actually anything to do with any of the story lines. A few days back there was all the faeries happily doing their thing in one of the pictures. :P They are still stone (or should be) everywhere in Neopia atm.

Hmmm. That is strange. (I had to go back. It didn't actually load when I went to get my prizes this morning.) I think I'm going to go with the side that it has nothing to do with the plot. Maybe they went with it because of the fact he's from the Haunted Woods.

It's rather strange indeed. It would be interesting if Nox was actually dead.

And if this animation is in fact cannon to the storyline, this means that there could be a future plot where Nox's ghost haunts Neopians, which would once again, be interesting.

A few days back there was all the faeries happily doing their thing in one of the pictures.

I hadn't thought about that. The thing about that, though, is that it represents things as they were before the plot. In Nox's case, he was quite alive before the plot began, so why isn't he alive and kicking in this animation? The only indication of his death comes during the plot, which leads me to believe that this animation has something to do with how things really are in Neopia.

If Hubry died, it would mean the retirement of Magax, the game. Unless he comes back an undead anyways. Might want to get the avatar soon?

I think that the AC thing is not canon to the stroy, but Hanso's remark in the latest puzzle part is, which then creates a plothole on how he knows Noxy is dead?

But neopets can't die....what would the children think?!

The kids gotta realize that nobody is immortal. And you can't really mention when the majority of players are 12-15, whom know very well about death.

I think that the AC thing is not canon to the stroy, but Hanso's remark in the latest puzzle part is, which then creates a plothole on how he knows Noxy is dead?

There are ways it could be cannon, and ways it can't. With one of Hanso's lines, there's a chance that Nox could be dead.

But on the other hand, there are 2 animations that show the Faeries as if nothing happened.

Hmmm, I'm going to go with it being how things will be after the plot is finished.

Nox probably has died, since Hanso mentioned it and it seemed like Xandra smote him fairly badly. He'll probably just be a ghost. I doubt the game will change, though they may add a line saying "In memory of Nox, here's a game about him," or something.

He'll probably just be all ghostly, rather than the completely gone kind you get in real life. Maybe he'll have a daily or a random event?

"The ghost of Hubrid Nox laughs evilly and turns into a cybunny before disappearing. Maybe you imagined the whole thing?"

Okay. In chapter 5 of the plot, it shows Hubrid being (possibly) killed, at the very least, incapacitated, by what appears to be a clones of himself, but who we now pretty much know to have been Xandra.

In chapter 14, page 3, Xandra speaks of "doing away with [brynn and Hanso] like I did that boasting fool Nox"

And then in the Advent Calender a couple of days ago, it depicts Nox's grave, with Magax dropping a gift on it, and then a little ghost hand popping out to grab the gift.

Would you please consider making October 5th a special day, in memory of poor Hubrid Nox? ;_; Perhaps a Villain Memorial Day or something along those lines? *lays flowers on Nox's grave* ~not_so_shorty_12

*hangs head in silence* Alas, poor Nox -- blasted away in the prime of your villainy. Yes, we shall honour Hubrid Nox this next October 5th. It's the least we can do for MAGAX; he's been pretty listless without his favourite super-villain to wage battle against.

^ I think I speak for the people posting here who are still surprised TNT rocked Nox's world when I say "whoa" XD

Oooh. Well then. There you go.

He's passed on! This chia is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! He's pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CHIA!!

....I'll be quiet now.

hahaha look i found in the neopian times

user: *cough* So... the faeries are currently, uh, not themselves at the moment. My darling Neopets were wondering: why are there clips of the faeries doing winter activities at the Advent Calendar? I suppose the clips could have been recorded before this Xandra mess started... also, when Faerieland fell out of the sky, were its Neopian inhabitants harmed? Did they have parachutes handy? ~warriorsluverdbook

tnt reply: Those special recordings the faeries and Neopets made for us were prior to their unfortunate incident. We here at Virtupets Recording Network bring you these videos with a heavy heart, but hope that the holiday message overshadows the faeries' plight. As for the Neopet inhabitants of Faerieland, we've heard from reliable sources that most were safely evacuated when Faerieland first began to plummet.

This was in the Editorial this week:

Would you please consider making October 5th a special day, in memory of poor Hubrid Nox? ;_; Perhaps a Villain Memorial Day or something along those lines? *lays flowers on Nox's grave* ~not_so_shorty_12

*hangs head in silence* Alas, poor Nox -- blasted away in the prime of your villainy. Yes, we shall honour Hubrid Nox this next October 5th. It's the least we can do for MAGAX; he's been pretty listless without his favourite super-villain to wage battle against.

So it does make it look like he's gone.

Im kind of sad that hes dead. I got really sad when I saw the AC with Noxs grave. I know he was a villain but I thought he was really cute =) Ah well I do kinda wish that they would have left out the happy faerie holiday AC just because I think it conflicts what is currently going on but ah well.

His moustache is pure awesomeness.

To those who say his moustache is crap...

470ce270_71f6_df75.jpg

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Also, please don't double post. Edit your post instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's a waste really. Mysterious villain who has been around for years randomly killed off by flavour of the month. It's cause he's an uncool chia, right?

*still bitter rofl*

I doubt it, but maybe there will be a resolution to the situation with him in the epilogue.

• 3 weeks later...