The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 15

hrtbrk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My laptop charger died on my last night, so now I have to borrow my sisters laptop. Great timing huh? :/

I have NO idea what I'm supposed to be doing, D:

EDIT: got two achievements already, [:

my best is 96.28%. trying to get the second achievement now

Hello all. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted how to get the three achievements. I know I would not have been able to get them all without help. Especially the Over 9000 (which I got with 100.2). SO thanks again and good luck to everyone who is able to fight Oblivion. I have tried and been geaten everytime.

I just got the Over 9000 achievement. It's the one that took me the longest so I assume others are struggling. Here are the insults I used:

-Until I met you, I didn't even know there was an Ugly Paint Brush!

-Nox must've died from laughing at your magical abilities.

-Now I see why you needed this artefact—your magic skills stink!

All of those will overload you sometime, but not other times...so it's a lot to do with luck. I think the one about "Neopia's nerdiest magician" is a good one to try as well. I would also say that you should definitely stay away from the Edna one and anything having to do with Fyora or the Faeries. Those will pretty much blow her lid every time.

Not every time, you have to keep an eye on the Distance. At distances of over about 42m, if you're going for the Over 9000 achievement, the ones about Edna/Fyora/Faeries, the ones that are normally a one-hit loss, are very useful.

Every time I use the "Ugly Paint Brush" one, the about not studying with the fairies long enough, or the one about being jealous of Fyora, she blows me away. For the first two, no matter what distance, I'm toast, but the last one if I'm between 40-50 meters back, i'ts just like using one of the other powerful insults. I'm working on a ratio of the hit vs the distance and insult used.

Someone posted this on the neoboards, so if you're trying for the 'Over 9000' or just want to get a high percentage without going over 100, it's worth a try. http://www.neopets.com/~Vleary

It looks like she figured out mathematically how everything works at different distances. I haven't tested it out since I already have the achievements and I don't want to put in that much effort to get a high absorption. I hope it helps someone. :)

Man, I finally got the last one XD

Took me awhile to realize that some insults were more insulting than the rest, for the longest time I thought it was all random

So, there's really no point in going back to fight Oblivion if we already got the achievements, right?

The point now is to wear him down so that we can defeat him--as I understand it, every time we lose to him while attacking only with his elemental weakness, he loses one maximum hit point. Eventually, we can bring his max down far enough for average pets to beat him. If everyone quits after getting the deeds, though, we may never finish him off. If doing so is essential to completing the plot, we could be stuck for a while.

The point now is to wear him down so that we can defeat him--as I understand it, every time we lose to him while attacking only with his elemental weakness, he loses one maximum hit point. Eventually, we can bring his max down far enough for average pets to beat him. If everyone quits after getting the deeds, though, we may never finish him off. If doing so is essential to completing the plot, we could be stuck for a while.

Oh ok . . . Yeah seems like that could take a while.

neonews

i found it in another site

Since Oblivion is back, the following achievements from previous steps are also available, if you didn't get them before.

Fearless Deeds

Medium Rare Use a weapon that has a medium rarity (r45 to r50). Trumpet of Blasting and Sparkshooter both work.

Fight Me Once, Shame On You Fight the Oblivion once in the Battledome.

The Three Phases of Evil Fight the Oblivion for three phases. Phase changes are most noticeable when the icon types on either side of his name change, but sometimes, icon types do not change when a new phase begins.

You're Doing It Wrong Lose to the Oblivion by using the icon type that heals him.

(Use a weapon that does the same icon type as what's shown on the right side of his name during a battle. If he uses a Thyoras Tear to block your attack, you'll have to use that weapon again. Using Cheap Rings (Cheap Air Ring, Cheap Earth Ring) and Motes (Ee Mote) are a quick way to get this achievement.)

if other missed missed the previous battle it still get-able

Oh man. I just had to post this! I wish I knew how to upload a screen shot...

Hanso yells, "Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*"

Xandra's blast increases the artefact's absorbed energy by 11.62%!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artefact energy absorption: 100.00% <-look at that!

Best overall absorption: 99.18%

The artefact absorbs more energy than it can safely hold! Hanso is flung through the air as the energy is released all at once, nearly frying him to a crisp. You'd better try again.

So close!!! .01% off from getting 99.99%!!!!

I got the 3 archievements when the Energy overload was still on "0", when any guide was currently online. I supossed I was one of the firts ones getting the six archivements, and I got really it fast, even when I was doing things blindly to the "crazy way".

I was a little bit lost with You're Doing It Wrong, but someone on Neoboards helped me.

Really, I think is cool that we don't need to win Oblivion to get any archievement XD.

Anyway, helping my sister to solve her archievements, I did had a little bit of troubles with the Over 9000 goal. This guide that Sakurabelle gave us, is really useful, thanks dear ^_^

Someone posted this on the neoboards, so if you're trying for the 'Over 9000' or just want to get a high percentage without going over 100, it's worth a try. http://www.neopets.com/~Vleary