The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 15

hrtbrk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's pretty easy to win three times in a row. use insults that don't insult her magically powers or bring people up that were in the plot, like Nox, studying with faeries, or Fyora. Also try to avoid the Edna one and the Ugly paint brush insults. Any spell over 40% usually ends the game.

The insults I tend to use that increase the percentage marginally are;

You smell funny!

Nobody likes a homicidal maniac!

Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*

Didn't you ever learn how to use your words?

Could we hurry this up a little? I've got places to be.

There are Petpetpets on Kreludor who could aim better than you!

Have you ever been mistaken for a Very Stinky Cheese and rolled down a hill in Meridell?

Hey thanks! I managed to get the three in a row for the supercharger using this method. Now I'm working on the 9000. I'm writing down the one shot insults that end it immediately. Unfortunately there does seem to be a bit of luck involved in getting three insults to come to a total of 100...

Edit: Insults I used to get "Over 9000"

Now I see why you needed this artefact—your magic skills stink!

Did you win the Neopie for "Neopia's Nerdiest Magician"?

Do you get all of your clothes from scrounging around the Money Tree, or just that rag?

I also found that the ugly paintbrush one was also a good one to use.

Edited by Sakurabelle

Edit: Insults I used to get "Over 9000"

Do you get all of your clothes from scrounging around the Money Tree, or just that rag?

I also found that the ugly paintbrush one was also a good one to use.

I've noticed that the effectiveness of the insult seems to vary with the Distance. Like, at the further distances (50m I think is the furthest I've seen) you can say pretty much anything. Whereas in closer quarters, you have to be a lot more careful.

...I still haven't got Over 9000 though.

edit: O SNAP!

The Energy Overload thing, mine is now at 1%, after about an hour of clicking around. Perhaps it's a community challenge?

edit: O SNAP!

The Energy Overload thing, mine is now at 1%, after about an hour of clicking around. Perhaps it's a community challenge?

You're right! Mine shows 1% too. Maybe oblivion will go away when we all work together to get 100% ? Or maybe Xandra wins if we don't defeat oblivion before it gets to 100%...

I finally got all three. I managed to last two rounds with the Oblivion this time, instead of one. Maybe things are looking up. :P Lol.

Edit: I just managed to get the third Oblivion achievement, without beating him. Strange...Anyone else have that happen?

Edit x2: (Actually it's the second one, but it was the third one I got.)

Is there really any point to trying to fight oblivion once you have the achievements? Last time it seemed as though Oblivion was a decoy and nothing happened when those two people actually defeated him. It was the barrier and the spells that really mattered. I'm not going to bother fighting him now that I have the achievements.

I'm pretty sure these are all the insults; I started c/p after I had done a few rounds, but I think I got them all; if anyone needs a checklist for the FD.

(under spoiler just to save post space)

Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*

Let me guess—you're doing your best Edna impression.

Have you ever been mistaken for a Very Stinky Cheese and rolled down a hill in Meridell?

Until I met you, I didn't even know there was an Ugly Paint Brush!

Could we hurry this up a little? I've got places to be.

Something tells me you didn't study with the faeries long enough.

Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to try to vaporise people?

Nobody likes a homicidal maniac!

Your mastery of magic is like Jelly World—it doesn't exist!

You're just jealous you'll never be as powerful as Fyora!

Nox must've died from laughing at your magical abilities.

Do you get all of your clothes from scrounging around the Money Tree, or

just that rag?

You're not good with moving targets, are you?

There are Petpetpets on Kreludor who could aim better than you!

(EDIT)

From what I have experienced, anything that is over 40% one-shots you/ends the game.

Currently I am recording what percentages at what distance and what spell, this is my list so far: LIST HERE

Patterns are obviously occurring with them, though I'm not sure what the meter/specific spell has to do with everything.

This step has made my night! I just started replaying Secret of Monkey Island a couple days ago. Insult swordfighting is my favourite :laughingsmiley: Love the reference to "How appropriate. You fight like a cow." Looking forward to giving this a go!

You're right! Mine shows 1% too. Maybe oblivion will go away when we all work together to get 100% ? Or maybe Xandra wins if we don't defeat oblivion before it gets to 100%...

I suspect that it's our overall target--we're supposed to make Xandra overload the artifact by blasting one piece of it with the other until it goes boom. Note that the game tracks our "Best overall absorption", and it appears to be the highest value we reach without going over 100% (mine's at 94.92%, for example). I would guess that the amount of energy we absorb in each win is being totaled, and contributes to the overload bar. (Energy absorbed on losses probably doesn't count because the energy is released in a burst when we lose.) It may even be that only energy absorption scores over a certain threshold count toward the community progress part.

The fastest progress may come from trying to absorb as much energy as possible without getting blasted, so if you're very low toward the end of the duel, it might be a good idea to hit her with a harsher insult. Just don't use one that makes her blow her top completely.

I suspect that it's our overall target--we're supposed to make Xandra overload the artifact by blasting one piece of it with the other until it goes boom. Note that the game tracks our "Best overall absorption", and it appears to be the highest value we reach without going over 100% (mine's at 94.92%, for example). I would guess that the amount of energy we absorb in each win is being totaled, and contributes to the overload bar. (Energy absorbed on losses probably doesn't count because the energy is released in a burst when we lose.) It may even be that only energy absorption scores over a certain threshold count toward the community progress part.

The fastest progress may come from trying to absorb as much energy as possible without getting blasted, so if you're very low toward the end of the duel, it might be a good idea to hit her with a harsher insult. Just don't use one that makes her blow her top completely.

That is a wonderful theory! I wondered why my lower absorptions weren't replacing my 98.82%. I just have to wonder how long it will take us to overload Xandra's artifact. I feel like most people stopped with the insults once they got the achievements, myself included. I think I'm going to go yell a few more insults at Xandra before I head to bed!

best overall absorption = 99.44% (I don't even know how i got it)

in order to get triumph, you have to insult xandra with every possible insult

in order to get Over 9000, you have to get absorption of more than 100% in less than three turns

in order to get supercharger, you have to win three times in a row

by the way, did you know that female xweetoks are really insulted if they're told that they were painted with a Ugly PB (xandra zapped me for 51.24% absorption after i said this)

I just got 98.20. I don't think I can get higher, but I will try. Like most, I stopped after I got all of the achievements, but after reading some theories on the board, decided to keep going.

Edit: Nevermind. I just got 98.66. Lol.

Edit x2: Hanso yells, "Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*"

Xandra's blast increases the artefact's absorbed energy by 12.32%!

You managed to block all of Xandra's shots without overloading the artefact! You'd better keep moving, though. Xandra doesn't look like she's about to give up.

Artefact energy absorption: 99.62%

Best overall absorption: 99.62%

Edit x3: Hanso yells, "Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*"

Xandra's blast increases the artefact's absorbed energy by 3.32%!

You managed to block all of Xandra's shots without overloading the artefact! You'd better keep moving, though. Xandra doesn't look like she's about to give up.

Artefact energy absorption: 99.98%

Best overall absorption: 99.98%

**How do I do a screen shot?

***I just got 100.98, so close...

Edit x4: Hanso yells, "You smell funny!"

Xandra's blast increases the artefact's absorbed energy by 0.16%!

Artefact energy absorption: 99.98%

Best overall absorption: 99.98%

***I'm going to bed. I did realize that, in my case at least, the insult, "You smell funny!", did little to no damage. I began with strong insults, and then as the percentage got higher, switched to weak ones like the ones above. I hope this stuff helps out someone. Later, I'm going to work on a theory about the distance vs. the insult vs. the percentage.