Warriors RP

-Ryan

((I have 2 new characters:

Name: Roseheart

Appearance: faded pink petals cover her snow white coat, noticably they surround her deep blue eyes, a rare color.

Personality: A kind, loving warm cat who always helps others, she does not let people take advantage of this though.

History: As an apprentice, Rosepaw was clever, it was sugessted many times that she become a Medecine Cat, but she declinded the offer. Over her years she has learned the basic herbs though, and is always willing to help out. She has connections with starclan that no one knows of, but is only an assistant to the prophecy. A few moons go, Tristar chose Roseheart as his mate, as they always had an eye for each other. She is now a Queen and close to having her kits, Tristar visits when he can.

Picture of cat: none

Allegiance: DuskClan

Played by: Co

Name: Silverkit

Appearance: Silver pelt with white specks

Personality: Sweet, clever

History: Not born yet, child of Tristar and Roseheart, one of the most important charachters in the prophecy.

Picture of cat: none

Allegiance: DuskClan

Played by: All

ALSO Brightstar is a girl despite my saying he a few times xD

))

It was the night of the Black Moon, one of the two days of the strongest bonds between the forest and the cats that roamed silverpelt. Tristar closed his eyes, knowing his second mentor would approach him.

"Hello my child," Brightstar said, appearing in his high cave, despite it being a dream.

"Mother," Tristar nodded, "Mentor," it was a little known face that Brightstar and Pantherstrike were Tristar's parents, and that he had been mentored by both of them. He himself did not know until Brightstar had sentenced Panterstrike to leave, but ended up having to kill him, as he told Tristar with his dying words. But that was past him now.

"The second task is upon the Three Ice Spikes, you must find the other six, without them you cannot find the gold of the third task, or the silver of the fourth, do not trust those with power, other then your closest three," Brightstar finished, as he faded away.

Tristar woke up to the sun coming making its way into camp, the task had begun, and he could only trust Owleye, Rosestar and Icestar, he could no longer trust his own deputy, his own brother.

((Alderfall does not know of his family))

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Tristar should still reconcile to the fact that Alderfall is still one of the few cats capable of taking his place in the Clan without making a mess of it. Also, I'd appreciate it if you left the tasks to me - I've already figured out what they are, and anything else confuses me. xD))

It was the night, and the waxing moon had risen already a half of the way into the sky when Whitthorn quietly left the camp. It was no secret that he went out at night to gather herbs, so he needed not to be careful of attention; he only went some way to the south before angling east, and making for Twostones. He felt oddly uplifted as he bounded through the forest, not fearing the stars above him.

A worry struck him: would Cloudeye be free enough to reach him? The bizarre incident of that noon must have made trouble for her; he did not doubt that she would need all the time she could have now. He hoped she would not be burdened overmuch - what help he could provide seemed small.

He opened his mouth, scenting a selection of prey in the distance; keeping his quiet, he dropped the wrapping-leaves he had prepared, and stalked silently, carrying out his kills with graceful slashes and neck-bites. Before moon-high, he gauged the bundle could be no larger, and wrapped it up neatly. Carrying this goodwill gift in his mouth, he set off once more.

When he arrived at Twostones, moonhigh had come; and he saw, to mingled relief and concern, the shape of Cloudeye carrying a similar bundle. Clearly her thoughts had come to their customary exchange, like his own - save that she could ill-afford her own present, but she could not be persuaded easily.

Dropping his bundle, he said across the river, "You came. How is Nightheart?"

"His scratches are mending quickly enough, and he already wants to leave; but how about you? I fear you will be in the more danger for coming out here." Cloudeye's voice was thick with the weight she must bear.

Whitthorn assured her, "We have had no trouble; Nightheart may be in more trouble than us, with a medicine cat waiting to claw him nearly to death should he try to get up," he added humorously, refraining from the unnecessary again. But surely you had better take that to your own camp?"

"We are well-stocked enough," said the other medicine cat.

"And we more so. Your stores must have been sadly diminished: pray let us discuss what we have come here to, and not exchange further favours."

Cloudeye hesitated, then blinked in agreement. "Do you want to hear what I have to interpret?"

"The next Gathering is many sunrises away. Yes, I would prefer that - but tell me what you saw, first."

With an unhappy flick of her tail, Cloudeye said, "I did not see: I only heard, and I was told to bring it to you: When dusk falls, it is not the blind who suffer first, but the sighted who may stumble from the path he has found, and in doing so, never find it again. Without him, the blind wander, and fall to one evil after another."

Whitthorn swallowed: that could hardly be more clear. He was the Clan's medicine cat, their eyes into the future and the path they must follow. He had stumbled from the path once already; did he have the wisdom to read the signs, the faith to follow where they told him to go?

Or perhaps, rather than the Clan, the prophecy meant the Nine. He knew he would be their guide, if not their leader. Did all of StarClan know the meaning of the nine trials? and if so, why would they ask those who were meant to save the Clans from the hunger of the Forest to undergo them?

"Whitthorn?" inquired Cloudeye in a low voice, and Whitthorn realised he had been staring at her for several seconds.

He dipped his head. "Thank you, Cloudeye. I see how you might be concerned, but I doubt I am in the sort of danger you imagine." That was the one thing he had not told her of: his distrust of StarClan, and how long it had lasted - whether out of care or spite, he was no longer sure. "The moon is beginning to descend; let us go."

"But the herbs - "

"I did say the Clan is not in need of them; we are still well-supplied, well enough to last us through leaf-bare thanks to yesterday's gift."

Cloudeye flicked her ears. "I was glad to be able to help, but still - "

Whitthorn followed her gaze to his bundle of fresh-kill. "That? You may take it; we are not short of that, either."

After a moment of indecision, Cloudeye shook her head and turned towards the MoonClan camp. A breeze brought the smell of the herbs she was carrying over to his side of the river: marigold, chervil, the all-important catmint and the feverfew he had been using to help Leafpelt. Then he turned away as well.

It was nothing to regret; after all, Cloudeye had been unimaginably helpful ever since Goldpaw's death, when every single medicinal herb in DuskClan territory had ceased to grow.

When Whitthorn finally returned, the moon was no longer visible. He still had the fresh-kill; he might as well put it to use. Setting the bundle down, he unwrapped it and selected a plump mouse to give to Leafpelt.

"Do you need any help?"

"No, Alderfall," he replied without turning around. "But why do you ask? I could always fetch an apprentice if I needed assistance."

"Of course; such useful cats, apprentices. But I noticed you did not sleep last night. It is leaf-bare, and I cannot imagine you having an easy time of it." The deputy's purring tones were nearly patronising to his ears.

"The only grief that lack of sleep has given me," meowed Whitthorn, "is irritability. But if you haven't any pressing deputy duties to carry out, you may as well check on the nursery for me, and see if Tristar's mate in particular is doing well. She is the only one carrying a litter at this time: one cannot be too cautious."

"Of course, Whitthorn," said Alderfall, and padded away at once.

Whitthorn's tail curled a little with pleasure; he needed only mention Tristar's name to put off the deputy from bothering him.

The reason for Alderfall's visit was obvious: it was a small gesture for his support. The deputy had little experience in going about such things, and it was easily spotted enough that Whitthorn had no need to look at him to know the greed that would burn in his eyes. All for the better, I suppose, he thought for the second time. The quicker Tristar removes him, the less trouble we will have later.

((Ah, the first task hasn't yet begun... did you read my PM? xD I invited you to the conversation as well, Ryan.))

Alderfall stalked authoritatively through the DuskClan camp, studying with his mismatched eyes the discipline of his warriors. The fresh-kill pile had been well-stocked in the morning. He exchanged friendly, if formal, greetings with several of the cats, pausing to comment on the play-fighting of a pair of kits.

It had been nearly half-a-moon since the business with MoonClan, and the tensions between the two had diminished pointedly. In his heart Alderfall knew the Clans could use some peace, especially with a Gathering fast approaching; but now he knew that Tristar would not raise the claw against MoonClan, even when Icestar had practically begged for it, the pathetic mewling coward; nor in the intervening sunrises, while their long-time foes rebuilt their strength. And he knew best of all that DuskClan would not have proper peace until the entire rivalry was settled for good.

"Good day, Alderfall." Snapping his head around, the deputy saw Whitthorn gliding up to him: his silence and the smell of the medicine den had hidden his presence. He was the one cat whose support Alderfall was unsure of.

"Good day, Whitthorn." Alderfall felt the cat had grown more mysterious, more difficult to speak to since the attack: had something happened, then? which would be vital information. He still had not despaired of bringing the medicine cat around: his was the most powerful position next to leader. But he could not imagine Whitthorn cheering his name when he bathed at Twostones and received his lives, or supporting him when he led them to battle and victory. "I hope that you -" he began, but the medicine cat had only paused to give him the perfunctory gesture of respect before brushing past him and towards the elders' den.

Alderfall stifled a burst of anger, and let him away. He did not hear Whitthorn's soft laugh at the near outburst as he walked away, though the deputy had given no sign of it.

Cloudeye opened one exhausted eye to an insistent prodding. "Yes? What is it?"

"It's well past sunrise, Cloudeye."

As she arose, Nightheart stood back. "You were awake all of last night. You do realise that most of the Clan are well enough to go about their duties now without your constant ministrations?"

"I know they think they are," said Cloudeye. "But I must speak with Icestar now: I have had another dream..."

Far away, far north of where the two Clans' river met the sea, within a cave-mouth shaped like a great maw with stalactites and stalagmites jutting inwards as the tide rushed against them, deep within a sett belonging to an ancient and powerful creature, the light of the stars fell unhindered and strong, and whispers spoke within it.

"Yes," came the rumbling of the badger. "Yes, meet them I will. In three suns' time, where the down-river meet ocean. I shall to them give."

She snorted at something, her long snout wrinkling. "Sure of this are you? They strong. They strong are, but they not trueClan are."

Then, "Very well. You who gather-meet in strange skies for cats who not your kin, I respect your decision and your effort. I give my support. You witness and remember me; remember Midnight cat-friend."

Tristar lept down from his pillar and walked over to Whitthorn, "I need to show you something, cove, now," he said, Whitthorn dashed after him as he walked down the river. Unknown to Whitthron, he knew they had both been to the Sundown place, but he was not taking her there. As they reached the southern end of the camp by the lake, he turned, as he walked walked through the sand, he fell through.

((...Very well? :P I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I do want to write the scene.))

Whitthorn caught the sharp whiff of badger an instant before the ground gave way beneath Tristar. He heard him landing ungracefully in the shelter of the den, and gauging the distance, made a leap that landed him more elegantly in the den, with a quiet thump to mark his landing.

He helped his leader to his feet first, judging he had no injury; it would have been difficult for anyone to remember quite where the entrance was, and he himself had only been here once - StarClan's guidance must have led Tristar here, he thought, glancing around.

The unused sett was as he remembered it, spacious and smooth-floored; the sound of the water upon the shore was distant, though the sea, he knew, was not far from the camp itself. The dirt walls sloped upwards and above their heads, very high for a cat (had any cat been able to dig his own den) but merely spacious for its occasional inhabitant. "Greetings, Midnight," he said to the shape in the shadows. "You must have been forewarned of our arrival."

The badger dipped her head, imitating the feline gesture, her small, wrinkled eyes never leaving Whitthorn as she stepped forward into the light, her mighty shoulders stiff with age. "Good to meet, Whitthorn-who-challenge-StarClan."

"That has changed," said Whitthorn quickly; "but you know I am not here for myself." He nodded to his leader. "The other should soon arrive."

((As for the other six, I think they will come separately, and join with the story later as allowed.))

Cloudeye bounded into Icestar's den. "I have had a dream," she said. "You must go at once! westwards, towards the sun-drown place where the river ends." Her tail twitched. "You must take no other cat with you; it is StarClan's will." He must understand, she thought.

Alderfall watched as his two great obstacles departed together. Now was the time! If he led the warriors to battle, then surely they would see him to be greater than Tristar. They must respect his decisions, and when he returned Tristar would be leader in name alone.

Long had he bided; his mentor had spoken to him: now was the time. He leapt easily to the height of the towering stone monument: "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Tallrock for a Clan meeting."

• 4 months later...

((Name of Cat: Butterflypaw

Rank(Warrior, kit, med cat, ect...): Med. Apprentice

Appearence: grey shecat with black stripes and very blue eyes

Personality: unusually calm for an apprentice

History(Optional): born into clan

Picture of cat(Optional):

Clan: Moon

Played by: Bristol (McChickenwing)

Name of Cat: Blacksun

Rank(Warrior, kit, med cat, ect...): Loner (are they allowed?)

Appearence: Pure black tom with piercing yellow eyes

Personality: jumpy, but loyal

History(Optional): born in abandoned house and has stayed there since.

Clan: none

Name of Cat: Willowtail

Rank(Warrior, kit, med cat, ect...): Deputy

Appearence: Brown shecat with medium length fur, green eyes

Personality: Broad personality but nice.

History(Optional):born into clan

Clan: Dusk

Name of Cat: Pye Whacket

Rank(Warrior, kit, med cat, ect...): Kittypet (are they allowed?)

Appearence: siamese with pale blue eyes, tom.

Personality: demanding and sometimes snooty

History(Optional): born in a house

Clan: none

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.