Warriors RP

-Ryan

"Why should I beleive you? This can't be real! It's too soon!" He mewed. His eyes darted aound frantically and his mind whirled as he tried to come up wth an explanation and tell himself it wasn't true.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ICESTAR" Tristar yelled at him, "We both know it could have happened to you any time, what IS your connection with them anyways Icestar, I never HAVE figured it out, you remember th," he stopped, remembering the Medecine Cats were in the room. He simply glared at him, waiting for a response.

He glared and spoke quietly. "Whether I have or have ever had ay connections to the Dark Forest is ot the matter right now. The matter is the apprentice taken ad what we're going to do to retaliate." His nek fur was bristling wth anger as he finished.

"He was my apprentice," Tristar snarled, and that was just a warning, there has been no real attack, we have no idea -" he stopped has a cat bounded in, it was Warmfoot.

"We're under attack!" Warmfoot yelled, as Tristar bounded after him, as of course, they wre being atttacked by none other then Shadow Cats.

END PART 2

Icestar immediatley began shouing out orders. "DEFENSIVE LINES! I need six cats on the entrance. ALL QUEENS, KITS, AND ELDERS INTO THE MEDICINE CAT DEN! Warmfoot, take the rest of the cats and protect the Medicine cat den."

He turned to the guests. "Whittorn, run back to your camp and get as many warriors as you can. Tristar, you're with me. We'll gaurd the entrance to camp. Cloudeye, get into your den and get ready, I gt the feelig alo of cats willneed your healing"

Darkclaw shreiked and hissed at the opposing cat. They were surrounded by these.. things. "Honeypaw, where are you?" All the cats were accounted for in their defensive circle except the apprentice.

((I was sleeping while a lot of this was going on (is it meant to advance this quickly?) so I'll start from a while back. o_O

Though I'm flattered that you incorporated my edited version of the prophecy, Co. :P))

Whitthorn listened to the leaders speak. What words passed between them were tinged with dread; whatever ill past they shared seemed to pale in the significance of what he heard.

It was the day after the half-moon, he knew, and it would be a great risk to the security of the secret; but the urgency was too great. He had to ask Cloudeye. Would she risk suspicion - or exposure - for something of such importance?

The milky-eyed cat dispelled all doubt by approaching him at that moment: "Whitthorn, we must speak in privacy."

He blinked happily. "I had the same thought. Not now, however; we must meet as always - Twostones, at moonhigh."

"It is too urgent," she broke out. "I have had a message about you - I think that we all, but you especially, are in peril."

"Only now you realise it? - listen to them. It is coming, the evil you told me of at last moon's meeting!"

The other cat flattened her whiskers. "No, it is not that you must fear. The no-star place has given us only phantasms thus far. Whatever it shows us is not real."

"It is real enough for our minds - wherever his body may be, Hawkpaw's spirit is departed from us." Whitthorn gave an agitated glance at their leaders, who were still locked in an altercation.

"The danger shall come," whispered Cloudeye fearfully, "and the fields and forest will fall. You will be the first!" - and the resonance of prophecy rang with her words.

Whitthorn spat involuntarily. StarClan, Great StarClan, truly have you left us. Recovering himself, he laughed, "You fear for me? I, who have met with Midnight, danced with Despair, roused with Remembrance, eaten of Eternity; I, Whitthorn, who have gained forgiveness from Fortune, trust from a Traitor, sight from the Sleeper, power from Pride?" ((Note: This is indeed one of his secrets.))

Cloudeye shivered, as if a cold draught had caught her. "Then it is true. Those are the very words he spoke; he said that the nine should live if they pass through those eight trials, and he said there was a ninth beside..."

"You were spoken to," said Whitthorn, fully comprehending. "And there is only one who knows of the ninth trial - he was Owleye."

At that moment Icestar rose abruptly, calling out amidst sudden cries of an attack. Whitthorn turned, and saw the cats of MoonClan as if in frenzy - they were combating something invisible and intangible, blindly lashing at each other, treating friend as foe. "Cloudeye, Twostones at moonhigh. You had better go now!"

They are all trapped in the trickery of Dusk, he thought morbidly as he bounded away. It has begun at sunhigh, as predicted, and only the Moon shall dispel the shadow.

Icestar's orders were sensible, but the same madness would have overtaken the DuskClan camp; he feared for Leafpelt especially, in his den - she might bring herself to injury again. He must go directly: only he, who had the sight from the Sleeper, was safe.

There was one good that would come of this, though: as long as the threat lasted, the two Clans would put aside their rivalries. Small consolation, but all that there was.

((Also, I'll assume Darkclaw is the MoonClan deputy?))

((No, just a warrior. Lol sorry, I usally jus edit in the cats I make instead of posting the form... :P

We need him to do Deputy stuff until we get a real one though.))

Icestar leapt down the rock and stood by the other Warriors gaurding the entrance.

Darkclaw's paw suddely darted out and shot straight through the shadow cat's head. He yelped in suprise at the realization that they can't hit these things.

((Ah, well. I want to make both deputies... but only if you could make an exception for me. xD ))

Cloudeye bolted directly for her den, taking shameful fright when a phantom manifested in front of her. She closed her eyes instinctively, and could have sworn she felt the collision and smelt its stinging odour, but she had not even a bruise to show for it when she opened them again - and StarClan had guided her feet, so that she had not stumbled.

Thank you, StarClan, she prayed: that small guidance had led her to the familiar fragrance of her den, and as the dark apparition faded from her vision, she heard Icestar crying out in realisation - he was not leader for nothing, she thought with a hint of pride.

Inside the den, a number of cats were already lying there, many bleeding or in shock, while others crouched over them, disillusioned in a harsher manner than Icestar had been. The sight wiped away Cloudeye's joviality at once, and she hurried to fetch marigold, poppy seeds and thyme.

She nearly stared in surprise: her store had run appallingly low. There would be little left after this episode - she must be more vigilant in gathering them. The alternative was unacceptable.

She fetched what she had come in search of and went to work, as Nightheart limped in, supporting a cat on either side: his manner was grim. "Icestar has taken charge, but some of the kits have run away; with the camp in this state, it may take time to organise patrols to search."

The sun was past its zenith when Whitthorn bounded into the DuskClan camp. He glanced around - all seemed in order. There was a healthy fresh-kill pile in the centre of the camp.

He took a moment to lick down his ruffled fur, and then meowed, "Is all well?"

((In the next paragraph I introduce someone I want to be the DuskClan deputy, if you'll allow it.))

As one, the cats turned to him, only then noticing his presence. One of them pushed through the rest: Alderfall. "Where did you go?" he demanded of Whitthorn. "Where is Tristar?"

Whitthorn fixed the brown tabby, who towered over him, with his customary piercing gaze. "Consider the matters of greater import first," he mewed tersely. "Shall I take your question to mean yes?"

The powerful cat held his eyes for a full second before averting them with a slight dip of his head: "You shall."

Whitthorn relaxed a little, though he was surprised. "Very good. Tristar insisted upon a visit to the MoonClan camp, to see Icestar: that is where we went dashing off to. There is chaos in the camp, and still may be: even if he were safe, I think you and I both agree with the order to return with a patrol or two." He looked up at the sun, still flaming bright and indifferent against Silverpelt, the Moon pale in contrast, and added: "Quickly, now."

There was no need. Alderfall had already spun about and yowled: "Every able warrior must follow me!" before racing off towards Twostones.

A little overzealous, now, thought Whitthorn contentedly, but all for the better, I suppose. Now, it seems that DuskClan's shadow-time has been averted: I wonder why?

Tristar closed his eyes, and felt what was going on, he scanned the camp, he could feel the shadow cats bounding everywhere, it seemed that they were becoming more solid as it got later, if this was good or bad, he did not know. As he scanned over to his camp, he could tell that those who needed were going inside, the others were coming here. That's when he noticed something, under his pillar, it seemed to be a cap, there were shadows under there, but they could not rise into the camp.

He opened his eyes to see shadows darting at him, but something happened, there was a glow, bright, and he closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was somewhere else, with Icestar and Whitthorn. "Hello," a voice said as three other cats appeared, Owleye, Brightstar, and from what he could tell, TreeStar, the old leader of Moonclan. "It has begun," Owleye said as he stepped forward, "Your first trial begins at moonlight, you must defeat the cats of Dusk Forest, but they ate not strong, and no where near the toughest enemy you will face," he sighed, "Goodbye," Brightstar said as they faded away.

Tristar's eyed open as he jumped out of the ring of cats, he wondered if taht had really happened, he looked at Icestar who nodded, they had to run out the clock.

((Sure, i'll make an exception. Can you post the form?

AndCo, why don't you make the Moon deputy?))

Icestar's lower lip was bleeding as well as his front left leg but he continued to jump, weave, and hiss at allopposing cats. Then he noticed they were getting darker and he took a chance. He sent the half shadow cat flying with a powerful hind leg kick, waching as it disappeared completely in the air, "THEY'RE BECOMING MORE SOLID! REFORM THE LINES!" he yowled. Then at that he jumped into the main part of the fray where he saw Warmfoot going down under a swarm of the things. He bit, clawed, and kicked in a frenzy.

Dakclaw stumbled backwards and landed on hi side after a hard swipe to his right flank. He struggled to stand and barely dodged a kick. He reacted on instinct and after rolling away he sent his claws straight into the cats face. This time though, he felt something. This time he heard a yowl. This time he was able to hit these things. He felt new energy cursing through im and yowled a wha was left of his patrol to go onto the offensive.

Tristar looked up from his thoughts, the sun was going down, and the Moon was brightest, they had become solid. "ATTACK!" He heard a cat yell as Stormheart came bounding through with patrols to attack these dark cats. The true battle had begun.

((No, also, we need at LEAST 6 more RPers))

Icestar stood, his fur completely matted with blood turning his snow-like fur crimson. He yowled and flung himself into a shadow cat, ripping it to shreds at it faded beneath him. His eyes looked like they belonged to cat that lot his sanity long ago.

Tristar was looking around for the two cats that were attacking the objects, and flung himself at the Hawk-Eating one. It was clearly the leader of the group, though still not the most powerful. He ripped it to shreds as it faded away, most of them were destoryed, but the troops were getting hurt, this was not going as well as it could, but they were caught by surprise, from now on, they would be ready.

Whitthorn shook his head involuntarily, clearing the strange vision that had passed so fleetingly through his mind. I must find the nine, he thought to himself. I must find them, and take them swiftly to the sun-drown place for the first trial...

And, Never does the Dusk Forest use the same trick twice.

((Name: Alderfall

Appearance: Tall and lean, with mud-brown tabby fur; he has heterochromia, so that his left eye is green, while his right eye is blue. There is an array of vicious-looking scars on his right flank.

Personality: Alderfall is dependable and level-headed; though his emotions show themselves at times of stress, they seem to affect his judgement - and his vicious combat methods - for the better. He naturally takes charge of all affairs that Tristar is not available to oversee, and since he has been with Tristar for a long time, he is very well trusted by him and all. He is loyal to his Clan above all else.

History: The apprentice Alderpaw was forever taking night-time jaunts, to explore the territory or hunt; considering his performance, his mentor did not find this terribly worrying, and he never showed any signs of wavering allegiance. Close after he was made a warrior, Alderfall was found limping into the camp one night with a mauled leg, and the explanation eventually that he had fought off one of the wolves that venture inside some of the territory's extremities. It was a brave act, but an altercation was heard in the medicine den while Owleye and Whitepaw were treating him that night: it left them all in a foul temper the next day, and he never ventured out at night again.

His mentor was Pantherstrike. Owleye was dead by the next moon.

Picture of cat: none

Allegiance: DuskClan

Played by: Midtime

))

Alderfall raced over Twostones, not stopping to see how many warriors had been able to match his pace. The scents of patrols were still fresh, and it was no trouble at all finding his way into the MoonClan camp.

There was indeed chaos. He saw what he thought might have been shadows, flitting through the camp, and his ears pricked to Tristar's distant yowl.

MoonClan had all their elders, their queens and kits in this camp. They had only one priority. He was panting from his mad dash, but he turned around and was gratified to see more than ten warriors gathered there. "To Tristar!" he cried to them, and led the way.

Once Tristar is with us, this will be a perfect chance to weaken MoonClan.

((Tristar would certainly reject Alderfall's suggestion, which begins their falling out. :P))

((

Once Tristar is with us, this will be a perfect chance for us to weaken MoonClan.

He's not that stupid... o_O

Also, after this entire fracas has satisfactorily consummated, may I have permission to skip to night-time?))

((Sure))

"These cats are using our help, they were attacked by outsiders, and you just attack them?" Tristar spat at Alderfall, "Alderfall, you are rubbing my pelt the wrong wa..." something changed about Aderfall. He had been deupty even with Brightstar, and had been the first to fail at the pillar, but he saw something new, deep within his eyes, he saw him, Pantherstrike, Alderfall was not on their side, and he never would be. Tristar relaxed his words, "If you step out of like one more time, I will reprieve you of your duties, COME!" he yelled as the cats followed him back to their camp.

END PART 2

((Tristar oughtn't to properly distrust Alderfall: I thought he would leave Alderafll the charge of the camp when he leaves with Whitthorn (the only cat who can oppose his commands) and Icestar for the first trial.

Any-way, I ought to stop my mouth now. :P))

Alderfall said nothing, but stared at his leader. Did Tristar mean to leave in peace? He showed no sign of gaining this opportunity, no sign of avenging himself from all the misery MoonClan had brought upon them.

There was a time, he knew, when Tristar would have done anything for the Clan. What had brought about such a change? He thought Alderfall was unworthy of his position. This is not what you planned, Pantherstrike! he whispered.

Whitthorn glided silently into his den: Leafpaw was there, and resting peacefully. Whitthorn nosed her carefully, noting that she had gotten rather thinner: he would have to bring her a supply of fresh-kill, and have her eat even if she threw it up again: her kits could not last too long.

Finishing his examination, and having decided she needed no disturbance for now, he went to curl up in the corner of his den which he used to sleep - that cold, lonely corner, without Goldpaw's warmth - and do the duty he had long contrived to neglect. I cannot run from it now, he decided, and he looked up through the short crack in the stone, which let a pallid glow and the eyes of Silverpelt down into this hollow in the rock: then he felt his pride burning inside him, steadily corroding his resolve, and he lay down at once.

He had expected some sort of struggle, he supposed, some great striving and raging of wills: but instead he felt the still, aromatic air vanish as soon as he closed his eyes.

All around him was quiet, and the darkling wind leaping about him, and the precious tingle of star-shine which he had forgotten; all around was the rustle and the sensation of fur against fur, and the smell of distant light. He looked about him, and then upwards at the full night sky, with the crescent moon attaining its highest point; he saw the eerie, cloudy bridge through which and within which Silverpelt watched, sentinels of red and blue and green hues, examining his every thought and wish.

He felt his eyes caught up into the eternal gaze of the stars, and the distance between them - so far for him, so short for them. He did not, could not, look away as a single walker of the skies streaked down to meet him: first a glittering speck trailing shining dust, then a shape gradually definable as it grew close, growing steadier and brighter. Now it was facing towards him, and he felt Owleye would land any time; now he was as large as if he were standing in front of Whitthorn in life, save the astral glow that suffused his form; now he was a giant, towering over the greatest of cats; now larger, larger, larger, burning brighter now than a full moon, then comparable to the sun, then as great as its greenleaf's zenith: and at last he halted, the grass crisping about him, eyes gazing down with the conviction of lifetimes forgotten as the scent of grand StarClan exuded from him.

Whitthorn trembled like a leaf in the wind, cowering with his head down in ultimate deference. "Owleye, my mentor," he said, but the blowing of the wind through the grass-blades was greater than his voice.

"Greetings long delayed, Whitthorn," said Owleye, bending briefly as if to touch noses with his old apprentice.

"You have met with them, those who gave death to Goldpaw." Whitthorn felt his pride still, burning within the grey shell of his heart.

"Goldpaw walks not yet with StarClan," said Owleye to him. "A greater and distant fate does she follow."

Whitthorn opened his mouth only from habit: no words issued. She lives? Goldpaw lives? who vanished into the snow so many moons past, whose death made me StarClan's enemy?

Goldpaw lives! he cried in his heart. But StarClan had not told him before: why? Why could Owleye only speak freely with him now? He had come willingly this time - he dared not think, but feared, that all this great separation had been his own doing. Was my faith too fragile, for me to believe StarClan had killed her? he mourned, but Owleye's apparition held only compassionate eyes for him, despite the form with which he had appeared, and before Whitthorn could speak, the other did.

"You shall meet her at the time of the third trial," continued his mentor, "and there shall you learn many secrets."

"The third? - how soon shall it be, when we meet with him, when we rouse altogether with Remembrance?" Whitthorn struggled to retain himself; Goldpaw was an apprentice, not a kit, even if the difference had been barely two seasons when he had vanished. "Is he well? Has he been cared for? Must we aid him?"

"Quiet yourself, little medicine cat." There was amusement, now, like soothing marigold in Owleye's tone: it was the same tease that he had used when he reprimanded Whitthorn, in the time when he lived. Then, "I have one message more to give you: beware the trusted, and trust the wary."

And then Whitthorn awoke, searching about him, sniffing for that last hint of star-dust before the dream faded fully from him; few would have noticed it, but the lights of StarClan glittered freshly within the black centres of his golden eyes.