The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 9

hrtbrk

I see a lot of people had trouble getting these achievements, but the Goo Whisperer worked well for me.

I used a combination as posted in the first couple of pages and I got the achievement. I got everything in one try of the caves.

I guess some have it easy, some have it hard.

Good luck to the rest of you :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not supposed to change when you make a mistake. Are you sure you're clicking the correct limb?

My "set" was random each time. I wrote down when it worked and then tried it on the next and I always had to start over and find the new set or whatever. THAT is very irritating. Maybe it's a glitch? If so, I hope it's fixed soon so I can get my last achievement. I have obtained all of them so far, I don't want to not get one because of something like this.

My "set" was random each time. I wrote down when it worked and then tried it on the next and I always had to start over and find the new set or whatever. THAT is very irritating. Maybe it's a glitch? If so, I hope it's fixed soon so I can get my last achievement. I have obtained all of them so far, I don't want to not get one because of something like this.

I doubt it's a glitch, as this doesn't seem to be a commonly reported problem... are you sure you're getting everything straight? Each tendril action corresponding with a particular limb?

Each motion corresponds to a limb you have to pull, for example this was mine:

undulate slowly = left arm

Waver strangely = right arm

Vibrate gently = left leg

Ripple oddly = left leg

Pulse threateningly = right leg

So look at the verb and correspond with the correct limb. (But yours won't necessarily be the same limb as mine were.) It doesn't have anything to do with the order in which you click the limbs. Just look at what the goo does and respond properly.

It's still a pain for me to find stuff in the dark. It seems like I am being lead to the same cave over and over again, without finding the items. I'm probably just a bit impatient for the goo achievement, but I think I'll do it tomorrow instead.

Okay, I am confused.

I wrote down the correspondence between the verbs and the limbs, for example, for Charlie, pulse threateningly goes with left arm.

So I choose left arm when I got pulse threateningly, and then on the next round, I got pulse threateningly again, but I accidentally clicked on right arm instead, and it was still right!

Does that mean for each action there can 2 correct limbs?

Each motion corresponds to a limb you have to pull, for example this was mine:

undulate slowly = left arm

Ripple oddly = left leg

Pulse threateningly = right leg

So look at the verb and correspond with the correct limb. (But yours won't necessarily be the same limb as mine were.) It doesn't have anything to do with the order in which you click the limbs. Just look at what the goo does and respond properly.

I meant, does it have to be in that order, as in does it have to be undulate, waver, vibrate, ripple, and then pulse. Or does that not matter?

I'm confused as what the two of you are asking but I'll try to explain probably the same thing everyone else has already said.

When you first encounter a pet, under the pet on the left it will say any one of the phrases about the tendril (for example: vibrate gently might be first, it doesn't matter which one is first if you are looking for the goo achievement you just have to get them all right and not have to start over on any pet.) For your first attempt, you just have to randomly select which arm or leg to choose. If it worked, right it down so you can remember it. If not then it will start you over on a new tendril motions more than likely. You then keep going through until you've got all the tendrils off. You are more than likely going to have to restart a pet so make sure you get all the moves written down so on your second attempt at the entire puzzle you can get all the tendrils off without making a mistake.

Hope that helps. If not, I guess try to clarify on your questions?

under the neopets picture it should say one of the following phrases, which corresponds to the limb you should try.

The tendrils undulate slowly = left arm

Ripple oddly = left leg

Pulse threateningly = repeat the limb you just did

When I used this, I got the Goo Whisperer achievement (after 4 tries! UGH!).

Probably your Ip is constantly changeing...

I have done it as my brother and we both had the same pattern.

It was really easy for my brother because i had got it first and then for his first try he used mine and it worked.

Maybe luck, but im sure they never change

-------------

This are all the items i got in the dark cave:

- Rock Tree

- Rock Negg (x2)

- Flaming Rock of Fire

- Eggs on Rock

- Heated Rock

- Rock and Bone Sculpture

- Earthen Scorchstone

- Rock Mote

Seriously. I can't get out. I've been clicking every single possibility for the past 30 minutes. I have all the pets, why can't I find the exit?

I have the same problem here - I can't seem to find the way out of the cave after I have saved all 5 Neopets! Does making a map really work? I doubt it.

I have the same problem here - I can't seem to find the way out of the cave after I have saved all 5 Neopets! Does making a map really work? I doubt it.

Well if you're paying enough attention and willing to do a little guesswork, then yes, it does. :) Clicking randomly works too of course.

I saw on the main page it said that each pet has the same combination... but my first pet and my second pet didn't have the same combination... :/

So I was deathly afraid of wandering around in the caves, but this step actually went really smoothly for me! It did take a while to collect the three items for a torch, though. But I managed to free all five pets on my first try, and got the wand on my second try. I'm so glad that I didn't have to map out the caves! Gotta love aimless wandering.

I saw on the main page it said that each pet has the same combination... but my first pet and my second pet didn't have the same combination... :/

If you're still confused: It isn't the combination of actions you perform in the exact order for each pet that stays the same, but that the actions you perform will correspond to the actions of the goo. Hm, I hope that made sense!

Like everyone else who's posted theirs, I'll go ahead and put down the particular ones that I used (though it probably won't help!):

The tendrils pulse threateningly - Pull right arm

The tendrils ripple oddly - Pull left leg

The tendrils undulate slowly - Pull left arm

The tendrils vibrate gently - Pull right leg

The tendrils waver strangely - Pull left leg

Seeing as I got it all on my first try, I agree with whoever said that there is probably more than one "correct" response to the goo. Good luck on getting all of your fearless deeds!

I got mine on the first try luckily, but I keep trying again to get the extra items to no avail.. :worried: IS there anyway to increase the chance of finding them.. I mean, can you only find them in te dark, and which action is best???