TFR General Discussion Board

Gaia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious if there's a method to this. (Yes, I'm asking if TNT has a method to their madness... :laughingsmiley: )

Like, perhaps, comic only, comic and activity, only comic, comic and activity.

Or, comic only, comic and activity, comic and activity, comic only.

Or are they just completely random?

:laughingsmiley: Why does the pie bother everyone? Isn't it the one she's holding? If it's a King Midas type thing, it would have been turned as well. :P

I don't know how long plots tend to run, but I'm doubting (either that or hoping) they won't keep Faerieland out of reach for too long.

Is there a method to TNT's madness?

Resounding NO. But they like to make us think there is.

Does it seem like it's going to be better than AotA?

The first step has already completed the task of being better than AotA. So yes. And that makes me happy.

I think being out of touch with Faerieland makes the plot more believable. I know there are a lot of disgruntled Neopians, but that's kind of a good thing. Like, with AotA, the idea was that the world was ending because Neopia's core was unstable, and all the weather was weird and strange things were happening. But on the surface, for people not participating in the plot, everything looked completely fine. The only urgency was in the comic, and even that was overplayed. The "Oh no the world is ending" seemed very out of context.

With this, the "Oh no the faeries are gone" is VERY in context. Which is good.

Grrrrrrr now we have to wait untill tomorrow!!! My husband is seriously wondering how people figure out the plots because I fill him in when he gets home from work lol I said there are a billion people who are all trying to do the same thing... someone has to figure it out :D

How do people figure out plots? Well, a bunch of people try a lot of random stuff, and sometimes it works. Then they tell other people, and then a guide-maker hears about it, and then the late arrivals follow the guide. Yay! The neoboards are actually a fascinating place to be right after the release of a plot step, because people try ALL kinds of things and report on it. It's like a really unprofessional research time that still manages to get the job done.

people like me make guides and compile the information from the random stuff that works to explain to the other people. but i prefer the face to the wall method XD bash my head into the plot till something shakes loose from it.

Waiting sucks though...Although I have to say this one has been a bit more straight forwards than older ones, it is also more challenging then AotA (That one was...wow...I mean...wow) But the waiting is always what irritates me the most. I have to say though actually turning the faeries to stone was a brilliant way to make people participate seeing as otherwise they would be like 'well why bother, I mean I can still do everything anyways....'

agreed {comes in a few hours later} the thing of it all is. with more people actually in it. that means that the usually 1k prizes are gonna be like 1np due to how many people are gonna participate. i turn our attention to example A the mysterious flower. 1np at best.

I thought the first step with Xandra was funner (and a bit frustrating) than any of the games or activities for the aota plot. I have pretty high hopes. This will be my first real plot. I did the petpet plot, and moltara plot, and altador plot.

I just went to get my daily from King Altador and this is what happened:

Altador beams at you as you approach. "So! We finally have a reward for your valiant efforts to restore the history of this great land. I must apologize for the delay, but it has taken us some time to regain our bearings. Suddenly remembering the entirety of one's history is quite taxing."

"Nevertheless, we do have your rewards. Our treasury is quite full, and so we have decided to award you a tidy sum of Neopoints." He waves at Gordos, the Collector, who steps over to you, carrying a bulging bag.

Gordos glares at you. "I hate parting with such a large sum of money, but what Altador wants..." he grumbles. "Here you go."

The bag contains 5,000 Neopoints!

"Next," Altador says, "we've awarded you this trophy."

Royal Astronomer

"And finally, we have a few items for you..."

Club President Super Plushie

The Way Windmills Work

Hall of Heroes Play Set

Set of Four Commemorative Punch Club Pie Plates

Altador smiles. "I hope that suffices. I regret that we couldn't provide more choice, but as I said, things are still a bit chaotic around here. And after all, this wasn't on the scale of what happened to the Lost Desert, or what will soon be happening in--" He stops. "Ahem. Nevermind."

"Well!" he continues. "You will always be welcome in Altador, and we will be eternally grateful for your services to us. Farewell for now."

Has anyone else gotten this? I'd bet it has something to do with TFR, but WHAT? I bet we won't be able to collect the Altador daily for a while, because he's off questing.

I visited King Altador for my dailies today and got my prize.

However, I've gotten that message a few times previously before this plot, and just didn't bother trying again, since the prizes there aren't worth much. :P

I'm not good at the predictions things, so....

Announcements