Cookie Grabbers on the Loose

Grant~

Many people have heard about these Cookie Grabbers, better known as CGers, that have been circulating around Neopia lately. CGers are malicious scripts used by scammers to gain access to your account, and TNT is most likely looking into the problem as we speak...er...type. CGers shouldn't affect you if you stay alert and take the necessary precautions, but they can be a threat nonetheless. Want to know more about CGers and how to prevent them? Check out our new guide!

choccookie.gif

Stay away from my cookie! :K

Thanks for the NoScript trick! Just one question: how do I play games with the NoScript? Can I allow scripts from neopets.com, or would that just defeat the purpose?

Thanks!

This is helpful, as the CGers are scaring many Neo users.

However, I'm not using Neo at the moment (I need a break), but when I come back, this guide will be helpful. Thank you.

Although I agree that this is rather late.

You're kinda late on it

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Noog) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This is helpful, as the CGers are scaring many Neo users.

However, I'm not using Neo at the moment (I need a break), but when I come back, this guide will be helpful. Thank you.

Although I agree that this is rather late.

It was asked of us by a user to write a guide on it. So we did. If you wanted it before all you had to do was ask. This CG thing is blown out of proportion.

Thank you for the guide! I have a couple of questions. You may laugh at me but that's fine. I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to things like this. So here's my questions:

1. Is there a program for google chrome that does the same thing? I do have firefox installed on my laptop but my problem is neopets doesn't work for me in the browser.

2. Wouldn't a person's virus software prevent you from getting CGed? I have a program called ESET Smart Security and it has a system shield that is always scanning and it blocks threats. Since I've installed it I haven't had any viruses. I know CGers don't do the same thing as viruses but wouldn't the system shield block them as well?

Thanks for the NoScript trick! Just one question: how do I play games with the NoScript? Can I allow scripts from neopets.com, or would that just defeat the purpose?

Thanks!

Yes, you can allow scripts from sites you know. :) Neopets.com, obviously, is okay, Google, etc. etc. The ones you should be afraid of are those totally random ones that either have a bad name (such as a reference to scamming/hacking, which is actually quite common) or just make no sense at all.

Wouldn't a person's virus software prevent you from getting CGed? I have a program called ESET Smart Security and it has a system shield that is always scanning and it blocks threats. Since I've installed it I haven't had any viruses. I know CGers don't do the same thing as viruses but wouldn't the system shield block them as well?

Most antivirus programs will NOT block CGers because, of course, they are not viruses. They really aren't programs either, just little malicious lines of code.

~

And in response to everyone who said this was late, like Noog said, this was only written because a TDN user asked first. If someone had asked beforehand, the guide would've been written earlier.

This is awesome. I will be forwarding a link to my husband, as he uses Firefox on his laptop.

And I also second, Mouse_angel's question. Is this possible for Chrome? I use only Chrome at work, as it's the only browser that doesn't lag out my computer.

i just downloaded noscript, but for some reason it blocks alot of things, like the wheel of excitement for example. What should i do?

You'll find that a lot of things on and off neopets don't work because you are blocking scripts. That's the downside of NoScript.

I'm sure that there's someway to allow scripts from certain sites, like I believe Grant said, whether it be by site or by script. I don't know how to do this, but I'll see about adding this information to the guide.

See Below :P

This is awesome. I will be forwarding a link to my husband, as he uses Firefox on his laptop.

And I also second, Mouse_angel's question. Is this possible for Chrome? I use only Chrome at work, as it's the only browser that doesn't lag out my computer.

Unfortunately, there is no Chrome equivalent to NoScript, as far as I know.

i just downloaded noscript, but for some reason it blocks alot of things, like the wheel of excitement for example. What should i do?

You'll find that a lot of things on and off neopets don't work because you are blocking scripts. That's the downside of NoScript.

I'm sure that there's someway to allow scripts from certain sites, like I believe Grant said, whether it be by site or by script. I don't know how to do this, but I'll see about adding this information to the guide.

Whenever a script is blocked, there's a bar that appears at the bottom of your screen. Just click on "Options" or something like that on the side and click "Allow scripts from neopets.com" or whatever site you're on. So yes, it's by site, so once you allow scripts from a certain site, you need not worry about clicking it again every time you view a page.

Thank you for the guide. I actually just found out about the CGing going around (so for all those who said it was late, that is clearly a personal response and you do not need to say it like that. It is helpful for a lot of other people) because I saw someone yesterday who had lost an account to CGers. My sister has been worried about it ever since, and this is my way to finally get her to use noscript!

It was asked of us by a user to write a guide on it. So we did. If you wanted it before all you had to do was ask. This CG thing is blown out of proportion.

I'm sorry, I'm just saying that you could of done it earlier. All this is doing is adding to the hysteria

I'm thinking about getting NoScript, but my Firefox lags A LOT. Chrome is much faster. Is there something like NoScript for Chrome?

This CG scare has turned neopets into a ZOO. People wouldn't even look at my linked petlookup in my siggy at the pets I had UFT. I had to type them all out manually. I, myself, should have probably been CG'd by now for I randomly just view people lookups, gallerys, and such all the time on the chat boards. Hmphhh, but I do normally look at the link before I go to it, hopefully this helps? What kind of game is this turning into if I can't do anything anymore? Maybe TNT is doing something huge currently with all the time they have taken petlookup editing down. -_-