Six Flags

Secre

In the editorial it says:

'Hi, TNT! *throws mr.coconut at you* I was just wondering: how long will the Six Flags sponsorship stay on the site? I'm asking because I really want to be able to get the Faerie Petpet Paint Brush and I wouldn't want to rant when I find out that Six Flags is gone and I wasn't able to get my paint brush. Thank you! :D ~weirdo_gandingan35

You have until September 2nd to collect all of those flags and get that paint brush. :) '

But:

'Boo Hoo!

Sorry, Six Flags has been taken off the site, we hope you enjoyed playing it! Why not play some of the other great games Neopets has to offer by clicking the button below!'

I'm confused...

So am I, I was looking forward to playing the games so I could get another meuka pinata or maybe the paint brush but its not working for me either. Maybe there's a glitch with it and they'll have it back up later. I'm going to keep checking today and see if it comes back online. It'll be very disappointing if it doesn't.

Yeah, its working fine for me too but thanks for posting that date. I had the same exact concerns as they did.

Edit: NO! I just did the calculations and I will officially not be able to get the paintbrush! I went camping for a week and hence didn't collect flags and now I will be a week shy of getting it. :crying:

Yeah, its working fine for me too but thanks for posting that date. I had the same exact concerns as they did.

Edit: NO! I just did the calculations and I will officially not be able to get the paintbrush! I went camping for a week and hence didn't collect flags and now I will be a week shy of getting it. :crying:

Did you see this: The Six Flags sponsor area has been updated to show the new Flags of Fun Competition. Join a team and your flags will count toward your team's total, you may win some neopoints or prizes! Also, the flags earned toward the souvenir shop items have doubled; now it's possible to gather 134 flags each day. Check out our Six Flags Guide for more info on the souvenir shop items available. This sponsor area should be active until September 2.

I missed a total of 2 days, before the doubling of flags, and if I get every day after it, I'll send up with 7500+ flags.

I did the math, if you only started with the doubled flags (There was 36 days left when it started.) you would end up with 4800-ish. (If you don't miss a single day) Which means you'd have needed to get only 3 days with the 67 flags a day.

Also, according to Sunnyneo, the Six Flags page, is now US only.

So another thing goes US only? I'm not complaining, since I am in US and I barely even use it. But this is very unfair for those outside of US.

They should have sponsers for international use.

So another thing goes US only? I'm not complaining, since I am in US and I barely even use it. But this is very unfair for those outside of US.

They should have sponsers for international use.

Neopets actually answered an Editorial question about what the deal was with all the US only things. TNT said they have no control over that, and that it's each company's decision on where it's available.

There's been UK only features before.

Now that's disappointing :crying: I just checked the six flags park and I don't have access anymore. I think it's unfair how they made it US only now with the teams. I think they should have left it the way it was or just gave access to neopians in the US instead of other places. Oh well I guess not much we can do about it. I was one flag away from 100 flags and I was going to by another super icy negg. I'm just glad I got the meuka pinata before I lost access to the park.

Now that's disappointing :crying: I just checked the six flags park and I don't have access anymore. I think it's unfair how they made it US only now with the teams. I think they should have left it the way it was or just gave access to neopians in the US instead of other places. Oh well I guess not much we can do about it. I was one flag away from 100 flags and I was going to by another super icy negg. I'm just glad I got the meuka pinata before I lost access to the park.

Yeah it is disappointing. I'm really curious as to why they (Six Flags) closed it down to the US only at this point. I don't see why the teams would make any difference.

I won't be in the US in August so no more Six Flags for me. I'm fine with just the Meuka Pinata though, I always wanted that avatar but didn't want to dish out 50K for it.

Anyways, Secre, thanks for posting the end date for the event!

This makes me so mad. I was literally only days away from the background. Now I have to pay 250k for one?

Rubbish.

They could have at least TOLD us that they were changing it to US only so I could have spent my flags on the pinata.

:grrr: :grrr:

I don't mind if it's a US only event, but don't allow other countries to participate then randomly decide agaisnt it after they've already dedicated so much time into achieving prizes.

Plus, it's free hits to all the Six Flags websites that we had to click.

:angry:

It's more annoying now because they didn't warn us they were turning it US only so I couldn't use at least what flags I had as I was expecting to be able to collect more. And although TNT may not have ultimate control of it they could put restrictions on which companies they use (as in the ones that are willing to do outside the US).

I agree. I'm 95% sure, that the US only change, wasn't a last minute thing. They definitely should have warned everyone, so that collected flags could be used.

And I agree Secre. Though I understand why they wouldn't refuse to use companies that won't go outside the US, because then they would be turning down money. But they should make sure they include more world-wide activities.

Waah! I was enjoying the Six Flags page... and now I no longer have access to it :sad02:

Oh well, I'm sure that there will be another sponsor up soon, hopefully not for US only.

I don't mind if it's a US only event, but don't allow other countries to participate then randomly decide agaisnt it after they've already dedicated so much time into achieving prizes.

Plus, it's free hits to all the Six Flags websites that we had to click.

:angry:

This is my exact view on the subject. Doing that made it unfair to people that were saving for something, and then the site is shut down to them.

Besides, isn't there some Six Flags parks outside of US? If so, then they HAVE to have international use.

Besides, isn't there some Six Flags parks outside of US? If so, then they HAVE to have international use.

I don't think there are any outside of the US. When you were supposed to visit the website of the locations, to get flags, there were only a few in the US. (There actually used to be one in Colorado, but it's no longer Six Flags.) I searched the main Six Flags website for locations, and it didn't show any outside the US either.

And I agree Secre. Though I understand why they wouldn't refuse to use companies that won't go outside the US, because then they would be turning down money. But they should make sure they include more world-wide activities.

That's easy to say, but international companies have to want to advertise and have activities on the site.

That's easy to say, but international companies have to want to advertise and have activities on the site.

I don't know what their requests are for advertisements. But I would think they would do more of a mix of both, if they could. I doubt they would go all exclusively US only, exclusively international. They've stated they don't choose where the sponsors' stuff is available. So perhaps the easiest companies for them to work with, repeatedly, prefer their things to be US only.

Yeah, I heard somewhere else that users outside the US could access Six Flags again.

I don't know what their requests are for advertisements. But I would think they would do more of a mix of both, if they could. I doubt they would go all exclusively US only, exclusively international. They've stated they don't choose where the sponsors' stuff is available. So perhaps the easiest companies for them to work with, repeatedly, prefer their things to be US only.

That's what I mean. It's easy for everyone to say they want more international sponsor activities, but unless international sponsors are interested it won't happen. I don't anything international users could do to show their support for Neopets, either. Something that would show to the potential sponsors that there's a market here, and that Neopets users want to see more of them.