Stamps!

Lamppost

Anyone else here a stamp collector? I figured we could get together and celebrate/commiserate while we're collecting.

I've filled out all of my Lost Desert page except for the un-buyables. Right now I'm working on The Battledome, and I'm not sure what I want to do next. Any suggestions?

I wish stamps weren't so expensive. Correction: I wish certain stamps weren't so expensive or hard to find. I'd like to finish at least one page in my album!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really gotten into collecting much. I think I have 61 stamps. The Mystery Island page is the page I have the most complete. (44% complete)

I would love to get the stamp collecting avatars, but I'm hording NP to get a Draik... so I'm unwilling, at least at the moment, to spend much on stamps.

I would love to get the stamp collecting avatars, but I'm hording NP to get a Draik... so I'm unwilling, at least at the moment, to spend much on stamps.

The stamp collecting avatars are pretty sweet. I'd also love to get one, but with the current prices and how bad I am at restocking, I think the only way that'll happen is if I complete a page and then it becomes an avatar. Here's hoping... I admire your resolve to get a Draik! Good luck!

I like stamps, and I'm sad that they are quite so expensive. I think in the end stamps are quite a big things of me on neopets.

Agreed! Me too!

Thank you. :laughingsmiley: I'm pretty much half the way to a Draik, if I spend all my NP.

I love the Winter page avatar the best. I need to find out what stamps I need/have. I've ended up doubling up on stamp purchases, because I didn't realize I had it already.

I love the Winter page avatar the best. I need to find out what stamps I need/have. I've ended up doubling up on stamp purchases, because I didn't realize I had it already.

Oops! That's too bad. I too like that avatar the best, though I think my favorite stamp page is Neopia Central. In some ways, I wish they'd make an avatar of that one, but since it's near impossible to find most of those stamps, I kind of hope they don't!

That sounds good! Anything Faerieland is usually pretty, so I agree! Perhaps I'll actually be able to finish that one, since I'm working on getting the stamps as soon as they come out. That way, they won't be impossible to find!

That's a good thought. Did you get the first Faerieland stamp, the Wheel of Excitement one from the Save the Wheels event?

EDIT: In the news today, 4 Faerieland stamps were released.

sta_faerie_castle.gifsta_faerie_statue.gifsta_jhudora_castle.gifsta_rainbow_faerie.gif

And with this one: sta_stw_wheelofexcitement.gif

So there's 5 now.

True! I know I don't, even though I've been playing for 8 years! I'm no good at restocking, so that makes it tough to make lots of NPs.

Does anyone know where to find a guide about the new Faerieland stamps? They aren't on any of my guide pages.

I would like to collect stamps, but I feel like it would get sad because of how expensive some of the stamps are. I would love the avatars, but they seem totally unobtainable, unless I turn into a totally awesome restocker. :laughingsmiley:

Maybe I should collect some of the non-avatar collections in hopes that there's an avatar later.

Do you think it's cheaper to buy the Faerieland stamps as they come out?

I would like to collect stamps, but I feel like it would get sad because of how expensive some of the stamps are. I would love the avatars, but they seem totally unobtainable, unless I turn into a totally awesome restocker. :laughingsmiley:

Maybe I should collect some of the non-avatar collections in hopes that there's an avatar later.

Do you think it's cheaper to buy the Faerieland stamps as they come out?

It's my plan also to hope for a later avatar, although I haven't been able to finish a page yet.

I'm guessing it's not cheaper to buy them as they come out because the price will fluctuate wildly at the beginning, but it'd definitely be easier to find the rare ones, so you don't have a situation like the Coltzan Stamp that is virtually unattainable regardless of the price because you can't find a seller. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about it yet. I'll at least consider the going prices when they first come out.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? I'd love to get some advice from more seasoned collectors.

I`m desperately saving for those last three Snowy Vally stamps. I want that avatar so bad! It`s going to take a year or two to save up though.

Good luck to you! I admire your resolve!

Has anyone found out more information about the new Faerieland stamps, like their name or their going price? I've been looking for it on all my stamp guides, but to no avail...

I love stamp collecting but right now I don't have many neopoints to spare. I've spent them all on avatars. But I always buy new stamps when I'm able to! I'd love to finish one of my pages. I'm close on one of them, not sure which one though.

Edit: I believe it's snowy valley.

I love stamp collecting but right now I don't have many neopoints to spare. I've spent them all on avatars. But I always buy new stamps when I'm able to! I'd love to finish one of my pages. I'm close on one of them, not sure which one though.

Edit: I believe it's snowy valley.

Good luck finishing Snowy Valley! That one's gonna be tough.

Haha, I thought my friend's math was a little wonky. He lost a zero. It will take me eight and a half years if I make 50,000 everyday...which I don't.

Ah well, it'll be fun once I've gotten there. Maybe prices will deflate a little as I save. :laughingsmiley:

That's exactly why stamp collecting would drive me insane!

In case anyone is wondering, I found out about the two new Faerieland stamps. They are called the Faerie City Stamp and the Healing Springs Stamp. The prices seem to be fluctuating for both, although the Healing Springs Stamp is quite affordable at about 30k. Faerie City is going for around 200k or more, from what I can tell.