Ancient Neopians

Bloom

So this could be a very narrow question considering that not a lot of people would say yes, but how many of you have been on Neopets before it changed? I'm just curious to see how many ancient Neopians there are out there. And if you haven't joined, then who joined around the time that they had just changed? I mean that's considered ancient too in my opinion.

The reason I wanted to know is because I've been on Neopets two years after it changed to what it is now for children and adults. So I was wondering if anyone was on the same boat. ;D

You mean having the old side bar etc with 'before it changed'?

In that case I've been there, but had not been very active. Got more active in 2008 onwards.

*waves a neopian cane*

I joined in August of '02, but didn't play like a maniac before May of '05, after AC2 I took a month's hiatus and made my current account in September of '07, which has been my most successful so far

I've been on Neopets since 2002. I was very active back then. I didn't interact with the community at the time, but I will say, I was told to join Neopets from 2 friends... both of whom were is college.

I remember before all the pets were converted. :( I wish my painted pet hadn't been converted, and that I'd had a choice.

oh yeah ..I signed up way back in 01

I went on several extended periods of hiatus and when I came back, I was flabbergasted

incredible changes and more geared towards the younger demographic ..np initially wasn't intended for kids

and the nightmare of ads! ..thank goodness for the ad blocker

anyway, a few years ago, I gave away everything I had to random people and now that I recently decided to come back, I have nothing to show for all those years :O

but when I came back every now and again during my hiatus', it was almost always be after some cool event etc was over or major change :/

felt a bit lost but getting there, now :P

I can't even remember my old password for my original account nor the email I had used to sign up +sigh

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, edit your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Waaaay back in 2000. UGH. I feel so old. I can't remember the username for that account, only that it involved snow and kittens and possibly some numbers.

I made my sarah_jackie account September 2001 (I remember vividly because it was a few days before 9/11). I've been in and out for years at a time but I've basically seen most of the site's happenings, except for some of the more recent things.

I forgot about Neopets for a while until my cousin was bored at college on the phone with me and said, "Dude, I'm going to go on Neopets, that's how bored I am." And I cracked up and promptly went on mine. ;)

(I WISH I had an original UC pet. On my old account I know I have a UC Faerie Kyrii...if only I could remember the name...)

So this could be a very narrow question considering that not a lot of people would say yes, but how many of you have been on Neopets before it changed? I'm just curious to see how many ancient Neopians there are out there. And if you haven't joined, then who joined around the time that they had just changed? I mean that's considered ancient too in my opinion.

The reason I wanted to know is because I've been on Neopets two years after it changed to what it is now for children and adults. So I was wondering if anyone was on the same boat. ;D

My first account was created back in 2003. I remember playing the old neopets before prices were ridiculous and people were malicious. And then the site changes happened and Viacom took over and it was pretty confusing.

Wow, so there are a lot of ancient neopians here for sure. That's great! I mean it shows that I'm not the only one who's lived on Neopets all life-long. xDD

My first account was created back in 2003. I remember playing the old neopets before prices were ridiculous and people were malicious. And then the site changes happened and Viacom took over and it was pretty confusing.

Haha, that is definitely long ago! Although just wondering... what if Neopets happens to be in debt. Like not in their company but point-wise. They can't just always bump up the price, right?... It would be funny if there was NeoConomy problems. xDD Now thinking about it.

Yeah, I wanna know someone who actually has an ORIGINAL (not traded) UC pet. :yes:

I have a Faerie Ixi that I painted myself back in the day and never converted because the "new" artwork just isn't anywhere near as cute.. kind of half wish I hadn't converted my Mutant Usul as well but what's done is done, eh? Although I do wish I had been given the option about whether or not I wanted to change my Strawberry Jubjub over.. sadly I can't have everything.

My account is 10 years old, but I've been inactive so long that I feel like a complete noob. Some of my pets (including one moved to a side account) have petpets attached that no longer exist. I'm very curious what will happen if I remove them.

My account is 10 years old, but I've been inactive so long that I feel like a complete noob. Some of my pets (including one moved to a side account) have petpets attached that no longer exist. I'm very curious what will happen if I remove them.

They'll probably be converted to what the petpets are now. Some of the old petpets were changed to something else entirely.

What do you mean UC?

I still have my first pet, he was never colored or anything. *pokes Eragon*

UC means Un-converted. There's only select pets that were possible to keep unconverted. Unpainted pets, weren't included. It's basically having a pet that's the same as they used to be, before they changed pet's appearance so they could be customized.

UC means that they were never put into the new poses

but basic colors were forced to convert :(

A lot of painted pets were too. I had a Rainbow Jubjub from WAY back, and she was automatically converted as well.