Inappropriate Pet Name?

hrtbrk

After a long time of trying to get a purple yurble, stars finally align and I finally achieve one thanks to the help of an awesome neofriend. The first yurble that I created (but was pounded after a failed custom) was named Dhrean. So a few neofriends and I came up Dhureon as a replacment.

He was painted, clothed, etc. Played with him for quite some time into the night last night. This afternoon, I check my neomails and there's one from Meghan saying that she cannot find him. So I log onto my side account and find this

Du hast eine offizielle Warnung vom Neopets Team wegen Verletzung unserer Regeln erhalten. Es nicht nicht gestattet, Neopets-, Konto-, Geschäftsführer-Namen, Chat-Unterschriften oder Beschreibungen von Neopets oder Benutzern mit sexuellen oder anderen unangebrachten Inhalten zu versehen. Wenn du weiterhin gegen unsere Regeln verstößt, wird dein Konto permanent gefroren. Unsere Regeln und andere wissenswerte Dinge findest du auf folgenden Seiten: http://www.neopets.com/safetytips.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/termsfaq.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/goldenrules.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/wallofshame.phtml

Bitte antworte nicht auf diese Neonachricht.

I google all my names before I create them and nothing came up for Dhureon. What is so bad about it that it had to be removed? Even NOW I still cannot find anything ill about it.

I've been saying Dhureon in neomails for a few days WITHOUT any warnings, too. Anyone know why it's bad to see if it's worth sending feedback about? :crying:

Guess I'm not destined to have this purple yurble... :sad02:

Neither me or my husband know anything bad about that word.

I suggest contacting TNT and asking for an explantion.

Also, did you try using a translator, to see if you could find what it translates to?

I seriously hope it was a mistake!

So far, I've translated Dhureon and Dureon in German to English... which results in Dhureon and Dureon LOL

I've also googled the names with no results. No people come up, no names, no chat slang - nothing.

Plus, let's keep in mind that there is a pet named DUREON already on neopets. It's pronounced the exact same as Dhureon. That pet is almost 2 years old.

Since the message is in German, maybe it's a different way of spelling an inappropriate German word? Or rhymes with it? (Err, unless you speak German, then I'm at a loss!)

Def contact TNT, hopefully they'll either explain or right a wrong.

I tried everything, even breaking up the word, and I can't seem to find anything wrong with it. That's too bad :(

EDIT: I used 2 different translators, and I simply put (detect language), THEN I did it all over again with the language set on German.

Is it possible that someone, being a jerk, reported the name as inappropriate, and TNT removed it, until they could review it? I know in the Pound when a name is reported, it automatically disappear. But if it were that easy to do that, people would do it to be jerks, and people would lose pets for no reason.

Maybe TNT will review it, see nothing wrong with it, and return it.

Pound pets automatically disappear? Yikes, I didn't know that! I'm sure they have to review pets with owners or else you could pretty much delete anyone's pet, and well, that would be chaotic to say the least.

that's really odd...neither me nor my boyfriend can find anything wrong with it; I'll text my boyfriends brother tomorrow when he's guaranteed to be awake as I don't want to risk waking him up. He's fluent in German and lived there for a fair while so he's a fairly safe bet to ask...

Pound pets automatically disappear? Yikes, I didn't know that! I'm sure they have to review pets with owners or else you could pretty much delete anyone's pet, and well, that would be chaotic to say the least.

I figure they'd do that with Pound pets too, because someone could run through the pound (for a short time) reporting pet after pet.

(I don't have a lot of faith in the maturity of people when it comes to things like this.)

Definitely ask TNT to clarify the inappropriateness of the name. I can't understand it. Seriously, are we somehow supposed to know the entirety of EVERY language when we choose pet names.

I find it amusing that in that neomail it says: Our rules and other interesting things you find on the following sites:

Uhm... okay. If you google Dhureon you get 'did you mean thureon?' Which is a company in Germany. I cannot recall no matter how much I dissect the word that it could be in any way offensive. It may be close to a naughty word, but I see no reason to say 'no' to it.

BTW: Full translation of the neomail is as follows (it's rough)-

You will receive an official warning from the Neopets Team for violation of our rules. It is not prohibited, provided Neopets, account, directors' names, signatures or chat or descriptions of Neopets users with sexual or other inappropriate content. If you continues to violate our rules, your account will be frozen permanently. Our rules and other interesting things you find on the following sites:

Is it possible that someone, being a jerk, reported the name as inappropriate, and TNT removed it, until they could review it? I know in the Pound when a name is reported, it automatically disappear. But if it were that easy to do that, people would do it to be jerks, and people would lose pets for no reason.

Maybe TNT will review it, see nothing wrong with it, and return it.

This is exactly what I think happened. Someone trying to be funny because I did post that I FINALLY achieved my goal some place else (a locked community) with guild members.

<_<

Which is worse IMO. I'd rather it be a bad word then someone being a jerkface

I wish I didn't think that way, but when no one could find anything bad about the name... I immediately figured someone was running around trying to cause trouble. It's sad. Especially if someone did it, because they saw you posted you finally got the pet you'd be wanting for so long.

I sent in a report. At least get to try out the new ticket system :laughingsmiley:

Everything better be returned to me, including his clothes and background. I had to sell my gallery off to help pay for that. x_x

hrtbrk is NOT amused lol

But holy bad luck with yurbles LOL. o_O

If Google fails in finding something naughty to go with your two proposed names, then I call shenanigans!

My thoughts exactly. Nothing on a certain dictionary that has urban terms... NOTHING at all. Really think it's someone who reported it because Dureon wasn't removed? It's the same thing. Plus, I had him for HOURS before he was removed.

*Clears thoat* It somewhat rhymes with a naughty word that I can't repeat the meaning of here... but that is no reason for this to happen.

*had to check her usual swear sites*

Is it a German naughty word? LOL

But I mean, really... how are we supposed to know every single inappropriate word in the entire world? New internet jargon comes up every day. Shouldn't be punished for something that I had absolutely NO idea about - AND I googled before creating him just to make sure.

TNT really should give you your pet back, unless they can explain to you why they think the name is offensive. Too bad you will probably have to wait a few days to find out. Annoying!

I hope you get him back, and I'm not seeing anyone stating a reason you shouldn't. If it comes down to it, fight them like crazy. There can't be anything wrong with it. If for no other reason, what Shane for Wax said. (Which was awesome btw) :laughingsmiley:

Is it a German naughty word? LOL

But I mean, really... how are we supposed to know every single inappropriate word in the entire world? New internet jargon comes up every day. Shouldn't be punished for something that I had absolutely NO idea about - AND I googled before creating him just to make sure.

Yes, it is a German word that insults another's heritage. It's difficult to rhyme the two words however. But they do slightly rhyme...

@Spritzie: Thanks, glad you liked it. :D

Yes, it is a German word that insults another's heritage. It's difficult to rhyme the two words however. But they do slightly rhyme...

@Spritzie: Thanks, glad you liked it. :D

I read it to my husband, and he immediately laughed too. It couldn't get more true than that.