Wheel of Knowledge Broken

Marabot 108

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that I had enough to get some top prizes, but alas, I do not. I donated 10k and 1k. That's all that I really can afford. I've been saving for other items for a long time and I'm not going to waste nps on this event. I've wasted too many on Illusen and the other faeries already...I was hoping that it was total donations, but was sadly mistaken, :(

Hah. I donated 1k. That's my limit. Kind of clever solution to inflation problem i guess? I mean, the only people who are going to donate 2.5mil+ are the people who have ridiculous amounts of np, but solving the inflation problem is much more difficult that creating it.

Woah, when were users able to send their score that many times? I remember last year in...I want to say May, we were allowed to send it 5 times (which was interesting, I usually got way too bored to play that many times). Or was it a glitch?

You can find it on the trading post. (My computer is too slow to get a pic up here) It's called "Wheel of Excitement Background"

It's absolutely GORGEOUS!

I've donated 2.5mil NP so far. I wish I could get the background, but I think I'll hang on to what I have left.

By the way, I found a big image of the background.

https://images.neopets.com/cp/items/swf/000/000/089/89932_c97a27e47a.swf

It reallly is purdyful! But way too much!

They're trying to pull you guys in by giving you something really awesome....and it's almost working. XD

The official number is 2.5M or more, if anyone misses Spritzie's post.

I'm no economist, so how did the neo-Inflation happen? Are some items that are supposed to be worth 99k aren't anymore?

Help me resist the urge, that Faerie Mazzew looks mighty cute...

But I hope everyone's seen this?

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/save-wheels/

[removed]... its like 3bill already

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Do not curse in any way. Acronyms of inappropriate words are unacceptable.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Okay I don't know if it's just a weird glitch or what. But I just spun the updated Wheel of Knowledge and it won't stop spinning. It's been at least five minutes already and it'll slow way down and then speed up again. I seriously hope it's just a glitch and TNT didn't give the wheel the ability to go on like the Wheel of Monotony.

Okay I don't know if it's just a weird glitch or what. But I just spun the updated Wheel of Knowledge and it won't stop spinning. It's been at least five minutes already and it'll slow way down and then speed up again. I seriously hope it's just a glitch and TNT didn't give the wheel the ability to go on like the Wheel of Monotony.

I tried it too; if you don't have enough neopoints (400 now) it just spins. Also, I got a free spin, and didn't click the wheel to "claim" it, and it charged me! I also think you can play more than once, someone said she dumped thousands into it.

WOOHOO! Thanks for putting up the guide!! I am thoroughly enjoying my new stamp :)

I agree with everyone that the background is beautiful, but yeah: WAY out of my price range - especially since I just treated myself to a shiny new orange paint brush :D Broke for a while njow :*

Gave 7000

gif_stw_conservancynews.gif

Conservancy Newsletter Meh.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Probably not, since the prizes are showing themes from differnet wheels. They might change the fancy background each time though.

I just realized that the newsletter is in fact, not a book.

Bleh. I really do enjoy just refreshing the page and watching the number go up and up and up. It's scary how many NP some people must have!

I'm no economist, so how did the neo-Inflation happen?

Every day, players generate millions or even billions of new neopoints by playing games, selling stocks, etc. Some neopoints are removed via things like people buying from non-player run shops or losing bets in games, or accounts being iced. Inflation is what happens when more neopoints enter the game than leave it. Over time, the neopoints accumulate, and players can afford to pay more and more for items in player-to-player trades. This raises prices.

One way to control inflation is to drain neopoints from the system by providing 'sinks' like this Save the Wheels event.

Google for 'mudflation', for more detailed explanations of inflation in MMOs.

I was just doing my dailies when I saw that the wheel of excitement was broken D: I donated enough to get a faerie mazzew today ^_^ so very, very cute.

I tried it too; if you don't have enough neopoints (400 now) it just spins. Also, I got a free spin, and didn't click the wheel to "claim" it, and it charged me! I also think you can play more than once, someone said she dumped thousands into it.

I had 10k on hand and I spun it twice and won a free spin each time, then the third time I tried to spin it, it just kept goin and going and wouldn't stop. So bizarre. I finally gave up after about 15 minutes.

Furthermore to the whole "Getting the inflation down" thing, has anyone else noticed an increase in random events that take neopoints away? I've been getting a lot of the ghosts & a couple others lately...it's only a tiny hit each time, but still: they sure seem a lot more frequent...

Has anyone seen any Faerie Mazzews for sale anywhere? I see that the stamps are already 50000 cheaper to by them on the tp than donating but I haven't seen any faerie mazzews for sale. Am I just missing them or do we think its would be profitable to donate enough to get one?

Edit: Just kidding. I found them, don't know what I did before but fail. But the prices for them still seem to be all over so my question rephrased is do you think any of the prizes from donating would turn a profit?