Altador Cup Pirate Paint Brush Scam

Shane for Wax

piratepntbrush.gif

Please be aware that there has apparently been a glitch that allows a person who participated in the Altador Cup to get millions of points and therefore they bought a lot of Pirate Paint Brushes. Do not waste your neopoints on them in case they disappear once TNT realizes what happened.

piratepntbrush.gif

Please be aware that there has apparently been a glitch that allows a person who participated in the Altador Cup to get millions of points and therefore they bought a lot of Pirate Paint Brushes. Do not waste your neopoints on them in case they disappear once TNT realizes what happened.

Thanks :) I was wondering what was going on with people on TP saying their Pirate PB is scam free...

I had no idea about this and i bought one from the tp and it didn't disapear

They have to go through and see who bought the glitched PBs first before they disappear.

Woah, strange, I didn't know a glitch like that could happen. I see a lot of guests on this forum right now so hopefully the news is spreading and some scams have just been avoided. :yes:

What if I buy one and use it immediately? :P

Taking advantage of a glitch? I don't know whether it would count as that but that is an offence that is TNT have no hesitation in banning you for.

Can they trace that? Well, I guess you're right. It's not like I want a Pirate pet (the last one that I want to get is a Robot one, so I might as well grow old waiting for it), but I was interested in the answer of the hypothetical question.

They have been able to trace it before. They can also trace who did not get the proper prizes they should have received for certain events and then give them those items. They have some extensive programming.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'd say that if you got a Pirate Paint Brush from this glitch, and then you used it, you might get frozen. I'm assuming that the people who are part of this scam will probably get frozen too. Abusing a glitch, you know.

Well if they are purposely putting 'this is not a scam' in their TP trades, then they MUST know it's a glitch by that point so yes... it is abuse of a glitch.

i went on a mini hiatus and came back just as the cup was ending anyway

[removed]

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not curse in any way

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

piratepntbrush.gif

I bought one today... I don't know if it was legitly earned or not. Will I get in trouble? Is there anyway I can just send it back or something? I really don't want to risk my account!

do NP actually take the time to check each one and then remove it? I remember glitch also happened during the dare or something and massive # of prizes were given out like Dr Sloths Collectibles and those books and i dont think they did anything about that

So a lucky person could happen to glitch and get millions neopoints and TNT may never find out? I wish I was that guy lol. Something doesn't add up though. He got millions of neopoints, spent them on pirate paint brushes, then tried to sell the pirate paint brushes? Or did he get the paint brushes for free?

So a lucky person could happen to glitch and get millions neopoints and TNT may never find out? I wish I was that guy lol. Something doesn't add up though. He got millions of neopoints, spent them on pirate paint brushes, then tried to sell the pirate paint brushes? Or did he get the paint brushes for free?

(Yes I know he's banned but I'm gonna answer anyways)

That's not... what is this... I don't even... Nothing to do with neopoints. It was the points from the Altador Cup that were glitched...