Battledome Pets

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which pet should I train for the Battledome?

• uzelikau
    • uncolie2
    • Orthilia

Stats for each pet:

uzelikau the Kau

Lvl : 17

Str : 25

Def : 16

Mov : 15

Hp : 21 / 11

I just put her on another course for Level at the Swashbuckling Academy, so by later on today she'll be level 18.

uncolie2 the Gnorbu

Lvl : 11

Str : 25

Def : 17

Mov : 13

Hp : 23 / 15

This is my lab rat, and just today he got zapped an extra 3 strength points. This means he's now on par for attack strength with my Kau, who was my original choice for a battle pet simply because she already had the highest attack strength.

Orthilia the Cybunny

Lvl : 8

Str : 9

Def : 6

Mov : 18

Hp : 26 / 22

Her level and pretty much all other stats are crap, but she has 22 HP. That's already twice what my Kau has and she's so much younger. I adopted her recently so I'm not sure how it got so high.

Which pet should I train for the Battledome?

My first choice would be my Kau since her attack strength was the highest (until this morning!). My plan was to train her level up to 20 at the academy and then get everything else trained up to 40.

But should I switch and be training up the stats on my Cybunny instead? Twice the HP is pretty useful in the BD.... but I would have to do a lot of training for all her others stats to get them up.

I could just increase my Kau's HP, but as far as I know the only way to get HP increases would be doing Dark Faerie quests (which are hard to come by) and the lab ray, and I am definitely not going to start zapping my Kau... she was my first pet, and I'm attached to her! lol.

So... can anyone see my dilemma and help me out maybe? Is it wise for me to continue training my Kau the way I'm doing?

I know the lab ray is unpredictable, and so I can't really rely on my Gnorbu having those stats forever.

What do I dooooo? :guiltysmiley: Help me Battledomers!

I'd train your Kau, but a piece of advice, stop the level-upping for now D: Work on the other stats first. The Str, Def, Mov, and Hp can be trained up to 34 before you need to level again. It's a great way to save dubloons/codestones since course prices are based on level (use dubloons for under 40 since they're cheaper if you are hurting for np, codestones if you have plenty of np to spare since it's quicker) and it's also a great way to keep an even-statted pet. The reason I explained this is mostly because of faerie quests; leave a little cushion in case you get a faerie quest that bumps up your level. It's awful when you train your pet up to the top of the range for a payment and then a faerie quest pushes you over before you want to ;_;

And some people like lab pets for battle pets, but I say it's a bad idea. More often than not, the level gets messed up. You could get a pet with 300 Hp and a level of 3 or something, then not only could you not get faerie abilities until you trained levels, but if a 300 Hp and level 3 pet had an awful strength, like 40 or something, then you'd have to train your level to 150 before you can get strength trained (that stat being double the level rule). Plus a lab can undo hand-training you've done as well.

Oh, and the course for Hp is Endurance ^^ You can train for it like everything else.

I wouldn't use your lab rat as thats rather unpredictable. I'd use the one with the highest level but I agree with Ali Cat - train up your other stats before leveling up any more just in case. I can't use my battledome pet as my active at several of my dailies as there is the chance of a level gain, and I've got a space faerie quest outstanding as I can't do that until tdubs hp is 3 times the level otherwise there is a chance he'll jump 4 levels meaning I have to use two codestones.

Ali Cat, that makes sense. I'll stop training levels for now in case I get a Faerie Quest. Yesterday, when I first started my Kau on level training I got a bonus level, and she went up two levels instead of 1! Hahah that was a nice surprise.:laughingsmiley:

So I'm still a little confused about how the training rules go... a stat can only be trained up to double the level? So, if my pet is now at level 18 after today's training, I can train everything else up to 36? (18 x 2 = 36, right?)

Just want to be sure I actually know what I'm doing, lol. :rolleyes_anim: I've already started to save up codestones from KQ... I used to automatically sell them but now that I'm focusing on training a pet I'm going to stock up. I have a few more dubloons as well.

Secre, wow--a space faerie quest! That's pretty awesome, I'm a little jealous lol :D

So I'm still a little confused about how the training rules go... a stat can only be trained up to double the level? So, if my pet is now at level 18 after today's training, I can train everything else up to 36? (18 x 2 = 36, right?)

Just want to be sure I actually know what I'm doing, lol. :rolleyes_anim: I've already started to save up codestones from KQ... I used to automatically sell them but now that I'm focusing on training a pet I'm going to stock up. I have a few more dubloons as well.

Yep, a stat can only go up to twice the level (= So now that your pet's level 18, all the other stats on that pet can go up to 36; once you get them all to 36, you'll need to level up again.

It's good that you're saving them ;P Training can get really expensive. If you have enough, I suggest doing Mystery Island training during the day since it's quicker and you can get more courses done, then Krawk Island training overnight since it takes so much longer to finish. That's only if you care about how long it takes to train, though xD If you're in no rush, I'd say just use what you have and then focus on dubloons when you're out ;P

If you have enough, I suggest doing Mystery Island training during the day since it's quicker and you can get more courses done, then Krawk Island training overnight since it takes so much longer to finish. That's only if you care about how long it takes to train, though xD If you're in no rush, I'd say just use what you have and then focus on dubloons when you're out ;P

LoL, I'm not in that big of a rush. In fact I just sold a red codestone that I got from KQ and bought a whole bunch of dubloons with the NPs I got for it :D so it'll be Krawk island for me for a while. I'd love to be able get all the BD avatars... but I can wait a little longer I suppose :rolleyes_anim:

Thanks again for all your tips!