Altador Cup V Slackers Unite!

Masaryk

There is no event on Neopets that rallies players to a single cause quite like the Altador Cup. With the AC in full swing, it's all that we are hearing about. It attracts far more interest than any plot, AAA challenge, Tarla mishap, or anything else that I can think of.

But what if you don't really enjoy the AC? Everyone else is busy feverishly sending 50 Yooyuball scores per day, or working toward their 300th game of Shootout Showdown for the day, and you feel bad about your quitting after you've sent your five scores for the day. Well, if you aren't really all that thrilled by the AC, but you play anyway, then this is the thread for you!

Maybe you join a team because you can't stand to miss out on a site event. Or maybe it's habitual team loyalty. Either way, you struggle to make yourself play even one game of YYB each day or real life keeps you from playing as many games of Slushie Slinger as you promised yourself you would. Maybe you didn't even join a team because you were afraid that you would get slammed for not giving the AC your all.

Well, friends, if you fall into one of these categories, then this is the thread for you! Here we can feel free to confess our lack of rabid participation, set low goals for ourselves, provide praise for what little effort we can and do give, and hopefully attract some encouragement from our more hardcore teammates.

Now for a brief introduction:

Team: Haunted Woods

Number of Years in the AC: 4

Favourite AC Game: Shootout Showdown

Least Favourite AC Game: Yooyuball

Highest Rank: 1

Goal Rank for this year: 5

I think I definitely fall into this category haha. I'm sooo not a hardcore AC player.

Just like in real life with the soccer world cup coming up, I like to keep track of how "my" team is doing, but I don't make all the effort of watching each game and knowing all the team players etc.

I suck at YYB, so I don't play it, but I like the side games. Still, I don't even get to the point of sending in scores 5 times a day for those. Reading around this forum I've realised that that might detract from the effort the hardcore players are making and influence LD standings. And here I thought I was offering all the help I could hehe. Oh well. It's not my intention to be a freeloader of any kind, though ;)

Team: Lost Desert

Number of Years in the AC: 2

Favourite AC Game: Shootout Showdown

Least Favourite AC Game: Yooyuball

Highest Rank: 0

Goal Rank for this year: none

I suck at YYB, so I don't play it, but I like the side games. Still, I don't even get to the point of sending in scores 5 times a day for those. Reading around this forum I've realised that that might detract from the effort the hardcore players are making and influence LD standings. And here I thought I was offering all the help I could hehe. Oh well. It's not my intention to be a freeloader of any kind, though ;)

TNT has repeatedly stated that you can only help your team, not hurt it, by submitting scores, so I'm sure your contributions are worth something. ;)

I'm doing my best this year but I know I don't have anywhere near the sort of time or energy to make a massive difference to my team! My highest rank before this tournament and I'd been in two before was the starting beginner, but I'm at rank 3 now which I think is quite good for me! I'd quite like my goal to be rank 10 or above but I doubt thats possible for me!!!

But yeah, so I am somewhat of a reformed slacker!!!

Yep, this is me. I worked my butt off the first few days, only to find us squarely on the very bottom rung, and not budging an inch. Kinda killed the joy for me, since I actually felt like I was accomplishing something last year. (I joined Krawk Island..)

Now I just play a little and hope to get out of the wooden shields by the end...

Yep, this is me. I worked my butt off the first few days, only to find us squarely on the very bottom rung, and not budging an inch. Kinda killed the joy for me, since I actually felt like I was accomplishing something last year. (I joined Krawk Island..)

Now I just play a little and hope to get out of the wooden shields by the end...

Well, I guess therein lies a bit of a chicken and egg problem - if a team loses a lot, its players lose motivation, and a team without motivation will lose a lot. :sad01_anim: However, it's still early, and Moltara still has a chance to perform a lot better.

That said, Maraqua seems to operate on the opposite principle. We need to get our butts kicked to get motivated and start winning. :P

Well, last night I managed to play 80 games of SoSD without really realizing that I had played that much. I wasn't really even paying attention to the game as I was playing; instead I was looking at what my husband was doing on his computer. I'm starting to think that I might have been shooting a little high by going for Rank 5. That's a lot of games of SoSD and Slushie Slinger that need to play. But if I go for the Slushie Slinger achievements, I should be able to get it.

One of the few staff here that is not very much into the altador cup, though I guess TDN does keep my spirit quite high.

Team: Maraqua!

Number of Years in the AC: second year :)

Favourite AC Game: MSN

Least Favourite AC Game: Slushie Slinger

Highest Rank: 1

Goal Rank for this year: 5

Another goal for this year: Get all achievements.

Why? If there ever is an avatar, I sure don't want to miss out on it!

Arg! I didn't even think of the possibility of getting an avatar for getting all of the achievements. I suck soooo badly at YYB, that I'm not sure I can get all of the achievements. I don't think I've ever scored 10 goals in a game. I guess that's one more thing I'll have to work on.

I have never once scored 10 goals in one game!

EDIT: This is not helped by the fact that I haven't yet had a match without a faerie ball, most of my matches have a darigan and my last match had TWO faeries.

Arg! I didn't even think of the possibility of getting an avatar for getting all of the achievements. I suck soooo badly at YYB, that I'm not sure I can get all of the achievements. I don't think I've ever scored 10 goals in a game. I guess that's one more thing I'll have to work on.

I don't think there will be one, but try so anyway.

I can never score 14 goals in one game, let alone 5 times. Please don't get worried, it was just an idea of mine which is most likely not true.

I thought there would be one for Tarla too.

I'm more of a loyalty-to-the-extreme player. If I slack and we lose, i'll never fogive myself. I still kick myself daily fo our MI vs DC payoff results... :(

So yeah, good luck slackers! xD

i will never be in this group. Ever.

Really, because the Shenkuu team would say different if they weren't be pummbled by me.

I wouldn't be here either, because I feel that if I don't play EXTREEEEEEMELY hard, I feel I let my team down. But I feel like putting my stats here.

Team: Maraqua (for this year, I might join DC next year)

Years playing: 4 (I played AC II in my old account under Meridell. I then made new account due to me forgetting my password, and played with Meridell again for AC III and IV)

Favorite Game: YYB without any doughts

Least Favorite: MSN (my fingers get numb after a while)

Highest Rank: 3 (school stops me from playing, and it sucks that AC started even earlier)

Rank Goal: I hope to get All Star, but I'll be alright with anything over 10.

Good luck to all slackers, but I'm not one of you..

My stats go like this:

Team: Darigan (Have been for all 4 AC's i played)

Years playing: since the first AC, but i left Neopets for a while and missed the fourth

Favorite Game: YYB

Least Favorite: Slushie Slinger (takes too long)

Highest Rank: 1 (right now, cuz previous years i sucked at everything)

Rank Goal: Hopefully rank 4 or 5, but i'll be happy with 3.

I think this was meant to be somewhere for slackers to join together - not for those who aren't slackers to make people feel guilty and compete, which is what it seems to have become.

Nah, im a pretty big slacker. Right now, i could be playing YYB, but im here talking to you guys! ^-^

As a slacker I would unite.... But I'm a slacker... So I'll do it later...

Now that's the right attitude for the thread!

I think this was meant to be somewhere for slackers to join together - not for those who aren't slackers to make people feel guilty and compete, which is what it seems to have become.

Agreed. Why do people have to be rude act like they're better than anyone else just because they're playing more games on a what's technically a kids website?

The first two days I did really well, but the last two I did practically nothing, especially in Slushie Slinger. I really hate that game. I only submitted two scores today. I want to support my team, but it's so exhausting and painful to keep up with it all.

Yeah, I don't think I should be feeling guilty for playing a game I like and having fun, and people shouldn't try to make me. I log what I log, and I play when I want to. I think that if people want to be die hard then they can join a die hard team like KI. I play with V-pets because my teammates are loyal and spirited, but not so hard core about logging hours and playing a million games.