Unconverted Pets Now Safe From Color Changes!

hrtbrk

In the news today, there was a tiny little blurb that probably means a lot to many users! TNT has now made unconverted pets immune from color changing random events! You can now proudly have your UC as your active without having to worry!

4.png

I don't have any UC either. But if I ever am able to get one, I will feel good knowing they can be my active without having to worry. I worry now as it is, because I don't want any of my pets changed, as my 3 main pets I've had for over 7 years, just the way they are. I wouldn't want them any other color. So I would definitely have an UC as an active.

Wait... what do they mean by unconverted?

During 2007, Neopets went under a large site revamp - this is when customization came in.

Before customization, Neopets did not have to be in certain poses to be dressed up, and so many believe it to be better than the poses now.

When the site revamp happened, TNT let owners keep their pets in their original poses, or in the new poses for customization.

Now UC pets are most peoples dream pet--and anyone who owns one would probably want it to stay as the colour.

It's about time this happened. xD

UC owners can feel safe having their UC pets as an active, finally!

I don't own any UC pets, though my dream pets are basically UCs.

During 2007, Neopets went under a large site revamp - this is when customization came in.

Before customization, Neopets did not have to be in certain poses to be dressed up, and so many believe it to be better than the poses now.

When the site revamp happened, TNT let owners keep their pets in their original poses, or in the new poses for customization.

Now UC pets are most peoples dream pet--and anyone who owns one would probably want it to stay as the colour.

It's about time this happened. xD

UC owners can feel safe having their UC pets as an active, finally!

I don't own any UC pets, though my dream pets are basically UCs.

Ah, thanks. I remember that and the controversy, but I forgot what it was called. I remember when people had to decide whether or not to switch and it was a big deal.

This must make a lot of people happy.

That's great news for people with UC pets! I don't have any, and I currently don't have any on my dream list, but I'm happy for the people who can now keep their (probably) favorite pet as their active pet.

It would be really nice if TNT would extend that benefit to include the pets on older accounts.

It would be really nice if TNT would extend that benefit to include the pets on older accounts.

Now that is an awesome idea! I was thinking the same thing. They have been adding more benefits for older accounts. I'd love that. My account will be 8 years next month. And though only one of my pets is painted (My Rainbow Jubjub) I would be really upset if my Kougra (Which is Green) or Shoyru (Blue) got changed, because I want them those colors. They've been that way so long, I can't even bring myself to paint them colors that I love. My biggest dream pet is a Faerie Shoyru, but I will never paint Spritzieblue Faerie. She just HAS to be blue. And I would hate to have to buy a blue or green PB just to get them back to normal.

How often do pets actually get changed to a random color? I was under the impression that it rarely if ever would happen.

I've been playing for nearly 8 years, and I've never gotten one of those. (Granted, I play off and on. But I play heavy for a year or so at a time.) But some people, have gotten the Boochi RE several times, when they've only been playing for around 6 months.

So it depends. It's rare for a lot of people. But more common for some.

And as far as I know, they can only get changed to Invisible and zapped to baby by Boochi.

I've been playing for nearly 8 years, and I've never gotten one of those. (Granted, I play off and on. But I play heavy for a year or so at a time.) But some people, have gotten the Boochi RE several times, when they've only been playing for around 6 months.

So it depends. It's rare for a lot of people. But more common for some.

And as far as I know, they can only get changed to Invisible and zapped to baby by Boochi.

i have a chirstmas uni that got changed into the baby uni... i had to buy a paint brush to change it back.

how do you know if it's an unconverted pet? i do not recall being given a choice either way.

it may have happened that two year stint i couldn't play because of lack of internet..

would neopets have just converted them all if i didn't choose?

i have a chirstmas uni that got changed into the baby uni... i had to buy a paint brush to change it back.

how do you know if it's an unconverted pet? i do not recall being given a choice either way.

it may have happened that two year stint i couldn't play because of lack of internet..

would neopets have just converted them all if i didn't choose?

I'm not sure. I know lots you didn't have choices. When I came back, my Shoyru and Jubjub had been changed. And before I left, they changed all the Kougras. But I know there's certain ones, like the Coconut Jubjub, Plushie pets... things like that, you had choices. As well as Robot pets. I've seen UC Faerie Shoyrus.

But I'm not sure if they converted them, if you didn't choose within a certain amount of time. It could just be that painted pets that are very different, like Robot, Plushie, Darigan, Faerie... that actually look different, as opposed to just a different color, you had the choice to convert.

I would think they would leave them UC, until you choose to convert.

That is very good news! I'd never know if you guys didn't talk about it.. I guess I should read the news section more often smile.gif I can now proudly prance around neopia with my classy faerie Xwee!

I love you Heartbreak!

Edit: You guys...I just heard it is supposed to be for "loyal players" what does it mean? People is the AC say it is for 60+ users!

They can also change to red if you they get too angry (or you leave them angry?) and blue if they're too sad (or sad for too long?). Granted that's not really random as you can quite easily keep them happy, but as far as I'm aware that's unchangeable as well unless you have a paintbrush etc.

Well this was nice of TNT. Granted it doesn't affect me, but I appreciate the thought nonetheless.

P.S. I can see what you mean about the message being nondescript, I didn't even notice it the first time I read the news lol. You would think TNT would have wanted to make a bigger deal about it.

Edit: You guys...I just heard it is supposed to be for "loyal players" what does it mean? People is the AC say it is for 60+ users!

It was originally meant to be given to users above a certain age, but they made it available to everyone :)