The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

I think he said that the higher levels you get, the less xp you get from the same pokemon

for example

a level 5 whatever gives you 25 xp when you're level 10, but gives you 15 when you're level 20

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh pokemon. My guilty pleasure. I don't know what it was about that game that had be hooked, but I went through a phase last year that I just HAD to play a bunch of them, in order of course. The only thing I disliked about the game was how you could not catch every pokemon in the game without using cheat codes. Loved pokemon stadium for N64! Did anyone else get frustrated by the tv show? When Ash would battle a lose I wanted to punch the guy. I would yell at the tv to tell him to make his pokemon do certain moves.

Has not been here in AGES!!!

Anyone got BW yet? Anime? xD I have to wait a while 3= Waiting hurts :( *sigh*

The BW anime is going great? Is anyone watching it? Iris is really cool :) It's just a breath of fresh air and not so childish and more realistic. Team Rocket is great, not too serious like I heard they were and not too comic relief-fy either :)

I got Black at midnight, and have a 7-hour car ride soon so will be playing all day :) I'll post an update here when I get home but can I just say that so far, it is GORGEOUS!!!! :wub_anim:

No idea what my team is gonna be like yet though, oops :P

I'd like to watch the anime. Do you know a site with good subs/dubs?

I pre-ordered BW, but it will be awhile before I get it/play it. I'm stuck at work for 12 hours today, and Game Stop will be closed by the time I get off work. And I probably won't get a DS for a week or two more.

But I'm really looking forward to getting it, and playing it.

I didn't get a Celebi either :( Was driving all day to get home :(

On the plus side, this game is AMAZING!!!

My team so far (I'm in the big city!! :woot: ) :

"Gavialis" Lv 20 Sandile

"Yukichi" Lv 21 Servine

"Sun Tzu" Lv 20 Musharna

"Sartre" Lv 20 Herdier

"Tron" Lv 20 Sawk

"Cromwell" Lv 20 Blitzle

I have a penchant for naming my pokemon after historical figures... :P

EDIT: updated my levels :)

If anybody got the Celebi in their B/W game already, would it be too much trouble for me to borrow + unlock the Zorua event?

I didn't get a Celebi either :( Was driving all day to get home :(

On the plus side, this game is AMAZING!!!

My team so far (I'm in the big city!! :woot: ) :

"Gavialis" Lv 19 Sandile

"Yukichi" Lv 21 Servine

"Sun Tzu" Lv 19 Musharna

"Sartre" Lv 19 Herdier

"Tron" Lv 20 Sawk

"Cromwell" Lv 19 Blitzle

I have a penchant for naming my pokemon after historical figures... :P

I didn't have my DSi with me when I went into EB Games but oh well. I have a Celebi on HeartGold I can trade over later!

Yay for nicknames! I nickname every pokemon I catch, but not after anything in particular. You got in way more play time than me today - I had to take a break to work on some math :\.

Anyways...what a gorgeous game!! I can't wait until the Global Link starts working, I want to try out the dreamworld.

Eww, math!!! :laughingsmiley: I was in the car from 10:30AM to about 7:30PM so I had plenty of time to play + sleep :P

Do you know if we can unlock the Zorua event now, or if we have to wait till we beat the Elite Four to trade over Celebi? :D

You need to transfer Celebi over with a special feature, but I'm not sure when that feature is unlocked.

EDIT: Just unlocked it. You can as soon as you're in Castelia City. Go all the way north, past the fountain, and go in the building on the left, then take the elevator up. Talk to the guy with black hair. He'll ask for two two-word passwords. The first is "Everyone Happy" the second "Simple Connection". Then you can use the Relocator from the main menu. You'll need two DSes though.

I just got my copy today. Would have gotten it yesterday, but was having a bad day with my knee, and so was on muscle relaxants (and thereby sleeping) most of the day. So I kinda figured it would be safer for me to get the game today, and such. I'll probably play all night, though, now, so I expect I will have a pretty decent start in the long run. Plus I am priming my other games for transfers of all the starter pokemon, and some of my favorites alone the way :D

I have white :3

My team is about level 25 right now and it's only 5 until I decide on a 6th. Anyone that wants to battle/trade can message me.

EDIT: I got a shelmet :)

I'm currently looking for a (preferably) female shelmet. If anyone is that far in the game and would do me the favor of catching one it would be greatly appreciated. :)In return for the shelmet, I can look into getting something you want. The only slightly rare pokemon that I've caught so far is Pansage though. If you have black I can trade you a Petlil.

My team is as follows so far (excuse spelling):

Dewott

Audino

Whirlipede

Sandile

Yamask

Is it sad that i've memorized half of the Unova pokedex's EV values?

I picked ours up last night. We have black and white. I'll be playing Black, he'll be playing White. Though now I just need to get a DS. Which will probably happen in a week or so, since he got a new job. :D

Well if you ever want your Shelmet to evolve you'll need to trade it with a Karrablast. Fun new evo method, specific trade evolution.

The shelmet I want is actually to evolve a Karrablast. XD

I'm definitely going to raise a shelmet (or its evolution) after I beat the pokemon league though. It's evolution has a nice SP. Atk and Uber Speed.

I just noticed this a bit ago: You see the little black box next to a number of Key Items as well as the bag areas? Check as many as you want to make thme key items, then hit Y- it comes up with a little list of your key items! Well, I haven't tested the limits, but who really needs more than three or four things (I currently have my Dowsing Machine, Bike, and the Medicine area of my bag on it) on quick command?

Also, I just got my 4th badge. I'm enjoying this, the storyline in and of itself is so smooth compared to previous gens, even all the rival battles (and there are so many o.o) are so perfectly placed... I can't wait till I get to the bulk of the story and start kickin some Plasma Sage butt. x3

I have the dowsing machine, bike, and Status screen registered. The status screen because I was hatching an egg. It's a quick way to check your progress. :)

Did anyone go through that building to get the Exp. Share? I was wondering how strong the trainers were.

Also, I just got my 4th badge.

I would suggest that while you're on the bridge that you try to go under every shadow that you see. There's a chance that you can get a wing worth 1 EV of a particular stat. I spent a lot of time on the bridge getting feathers.

I don't EV train till I'm making a comp team, makes life tedious. I'm working on evoing my Archen so I'll have a flyer when I need it. And I have the stragety guide, I know what the shadows do.

I'm in class atm so I don't have the guide on me, but if I recall there's.... 55 trainers. The last is a Janitor, it said... xD And there is an eaiser way to get another EXP Share later (I forget the city, but you just show someone a Pokemon that likes you).

The location of the second Exp. Share is the city where the 7th Gym is. :( But on the brighter side I got a lucky egg so now at least I can train faster one by one :D

I'm not doing EV training the correct way but I am doing it. It's pretty much impossible to do it during the main story with all of the trainers with unknown pokemon.

It can. I double checked as soon as I got the fossil. And it is SO awesome. Flying and Rock don't cancel much out in terms of weaknesses or resistances, but they also create a very nice set of types you can use super effective STABs against. And it's stats are AWESOME it's a PERFECT mixed sweeper, it's attack, special attack, and speed are amazing. It's got a flying type's defenses though, making it a bit of a glass cannon.

I beat the 6th gym last night, I'm halfway through Twist Mountain. In my usual fit of "only use my starter and something else epic" I have a level 49 Emboar, a level 40 Archeops, and everything else is below level 25. I know, I'm bad, but seeing as they're at least 10 levels ahead of everything I'm battling right now... And usually it's just my starter ahead of everything. XD

Oh, at anime club last night there was sooo many people with Black or White, all playing... the C-gear is profoundly awesome.