The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Pokémon in Black and White are a bit too... weird for me... I like the old ones a lot more. So I think I'd just stick to SoulSilver and HeartGold. :D I never so-called "finished" a Pokémon game, except Pokémon Ranger (still 2 Pokémon not recorded :P), there are too many things to explore. And new versions are always released to pull me away from finishing the pervious game... :P

Today is the last day to get Suicune from GameStop.

However, I have good news for those of you who missed one for whatever reason. All three will be avalible over WiFi this month, for EVERY English game- US, Europe, and Australia!

Raikou - Feb 7 - Feb 13

Entei - Feb 14 - Feb 20

Suicune - Feb 21 - Feb 27

These are exactly the same as the ones given out at GameStop.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I want Black because of Black City but haven't decided yet. My brother usually gets the opposite of whatever I do so we can trade so I'm not worried about the exclusive pokemon. I can't wait!

Just curious of my fellow Pokemon players, how long have you been a fan for? First game you played? Did you play any spin offs?

I've been playing since the 3rd grade I think. My brother and I collected the cards and watched the TV show, too. My favourite spin off was either Snap or Hey You! Pikachu.

Just curious of my fellow Pokemon players, how long have you been a fan for? First game you played? Did you play any spin offs?

:laughingsmiley: I've been playing for almost a year now. My husband got me into it. And he's been playing since he was really young.

My brother and I started playing shortly after RED and BLUE came out in Canada. lol. I have no idea how long that is. I've owned, at various times, Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver. And now I can add Black to my list. Oh, and I have also owned the TCG for Gameboy.

I plan on re-acquiring the games I have lost in moves, or along the way by lending them to people and never getting them back. I also plan on owning the rest of the games I never had a chance to own. Just gotta wait a few more months until I have all the cash I need to do that. :P

I've been playing since I was like 6 years old when Red/Blue came to America =D I still have my first Red file! Ever since then, I still love pokemon and am actually open about it so people are used to really calling me Eevee teehee x3

I have most of the games but my most favorites are Red, Crystal, and Sky Mystery Dungeon ^^ Mainly because red was my first game, crystal was the first game where you can be a girl, and sky dungeon is my favorite spinoff that keeps me coming back!

Spritzie, that's awesome that your husband introduced you and the two of you can play together. I'm jealous! Pokemon is one game my boyfriend doesn't play.

I think it's crazy that Pokemon has been around for so long and continues to draw in new players! I still remember the day I got Blue...it was Christmas morning and it was sticking out of my stocking. Best present..ever! I think it became a tradition for my brother and I to each get one each year. Now I could never wait until Christmas, you better believe I'll be picking up my pre-ordered Black on release day!

Does anyone here play Diamond/Pearl or Heartgold/Soulsilver? I am going to dust mine off and start playing in anticipation of Black and White. Perhaps we can trade friend codes!

Found a little treasure while looking through old folders. I present to you, my fourth grade school photo:

13937_104033086278482_100000153745736_123926_3757339_n.jpg

Now, 5 years ago I would have been embarrassed of this. But now I embrace it. I was so cool.

I watched the anime when I was younger, but a friend intorduced me to the games (Sapphire to be exact) when I was 9, I think. Been obsessed ever since. xD I've played... uh... everything that's come out on handhelds since, everything on the GameCube, and all of the main set (RBY, ect) that was before I started. I'm exceptionally proud of my Pearl file, started on release day and I has a Black Trainer Card on it.

Same here! I'll never forget that summer when I returned home after spending my WHOLE summer with my cousins out of state. When I came back, right on my bed was a Game Boy Color (Magenta), Pokemon Red, Donkey Kong, and a Pikachu Plushie that I still have in my room x3

My brother had Blue so we always traded and battled each other! Those were the days :3 Now I got my boo into playing pokemon again and he LOVES his HeartGold game! He can't wait to get white while I get black.

Omg, I'm anxiously waiting for White and Black to be released!!! I've just finished EV training a bunch of Pokemon in my Soul Silver so I have an option of immediately EV training in Black once I get it or to play through the game normally xD.

Hope you guys got your shiny event dogs (Suicune, Entei and Raikou)?

Missed them. But it's not that big a deal to me right now. I'm dealing with other stuff that makes it too much of a hassle to go get the event dogs, and I can't get my wifi to work, so I could not get them from home. But that's ok. I tend to not like the shiny versions of pokemon anyway, lol. Call me crazy, but my preferences trend towards normal. :P

I got entei and suicune on D/P/Pt and SS but missed raikou on all.arent they giving out celebi now? i may get that. and if not, imma breed zoroark and ditto :D

Yes, you can. I went ahead and got my Celebi last Friday though, I wanted to enjoy the stuff it unlocks on HG/SS without being distracted by my new game. xD

imma getting on friday!!! ding dong celebis mine,*attempts at a parody of a wizard of oz song*

Edit: Well, no one is posting so... i got celebi on D/P/Pt/SS.

Thought I give it a post, decided to rent out Black, and gonna post my thoughts.

Haven't gotten far (only beaten the 2nd gym) but for what i have found out is the difficulty has sorta increased slightly. It has turned into an actual RPG where grinding is not possible, the higher level you get, the lower exp you receive. This does make the gym battles slightly harder and have found out round the beginning its best to pick 3/4 to train because 6 would take far too long. But so far my main team is:

Servine lv21

Tranquill lv21

Herdier lv21

PanPour lv20

Plus others which are around Lv10-15 which haven't trained yet.

Oh, they finally changed it up? Sweet. Thanks for the heads-up! :D

I'm getting my copy tonight at midnight and I'm so excited hahaha. Finally settled on getting Black :)

Definitely starting with Snivy :laughingsmiley:

You realize it's always been like that... You get the same EXP from a Pokemon of the same species and level regardless of your level (a level 5 Wrumple will give you 20 EXP if you're level 5 or level 100 for example), but you need more EXP to reach the next level. So if you're sitting there battling the same wild Pokemon to level, yeah, it takes forever. But if you actually progress with your level it remains about constant. And that stragety has been around for forever.